Top Ten reasons you know you have a Disney Obsession:

I have really liked your comparisons of the nighttime shows at DL. I was amazed to learn that the Magic, Memories and Me show is on the Small World ride, but I guess the size of the pink castle really limits the screen area. Sorry to see your oldest DD was still feeling poorly.

Wow, the cast of characters at the breakfast with Minnie is amazing! Who would have thought that Rafiki and Captain Hook would be there? Not to mention Max's son. Amazing. If we ever get to go back I really want to try for a character breakfast. Your big girls don't grumble about eating with the characters?

Lol, I find myself confused by the real names too. I will probably always remember the names you had for your girls and Suzy/Cara's boys. I thought it was so cute and smart to do that.

Wow, their ToonTown does look amazing. They have a Roger Rabbit ride? I thought he had been long forgotten.

I have really liked your comparisons of the nighttime shows at DL. I was amazed to learn that the Magic, Memories and Me show is on the Small World ride, but I guess the size of the pink castle really limits the screen area. Sorry to see your oldest DD was still feeling poorly.

Wow, the cast of characters at the breakfast with Minnie is amazing! Who would have thought that Rafiki and Captain Hook would be there? Not to mention Max's son. Amazing. If we ever get to go back I really want to try for a character breakfast. Your big girls don't grumble about eating with the characters?

Lol, I find myself confused by the real names too. I will probably always remember the names you had for your girls and Suzy/Cara's boys. I thought it was so cute and smart to do that.

Wow, their ToonTown does look amazing. They have a Roger Rabbit ride? I thought he had been long forgotten.

My big girls love the character meals. I guess I've raised them right! My next post is going to be about characters because we spent a whole day meeting characters. I had originally planned the Minnie's breakfast so I wouldn't have to waste anytime meeting characters since we had so much we wanted to do at Disneyland. But Eden really loved it and wanted more characters. So I told everyone at breakfast that she and I would split off from them and spend the morning meeting characters. Nope. Everyone decided to just go with us. We ended up even standing in a 40 minute line to meet the princesses and everyone did happily!!! And as you well know, we don't wait in lines!

Even Suzy's 16 year old (who just got his drivers license yesterday!) Charming goes and meets characters. If it isn't one they care about, they still like to see the younger siblings's reaction.

And Siena/Mulan desperately wanted to meet the Queen of Hearts who was out. It was one of the highlights of her trip.

I think the thing about us is we're all relatively creative and artistic. So we all appreciate the art and craft that Disney puts into everything. It doesn't spoil it to know it's a person inside the costume. Instead it adds to it. Because here is a person who has become the queen of hearts. And we can appreciate that that is cool and hard to do.

Suzy, Milo, Mulan, and McQueen are all in a little play this summer and they are amazing in it! Really awesome.

So, to make a short answer, yes, really long, all 11 of us love meeting characters.

And Toon Town is awesome. So much of Disneyland is great! Donald and I have half decided to take a California coastal cruise for our 20th wedding anniversary next year and I want our special romantic dinner to be at the Blue Bayou overlooking Pirates of the Caribbean. You have to look this place up. It looked so romantic! So I guess our once in a lifetime Disneyland trip is going to become an at least three times in 5 years trips. Ha!

You just can't take the Disney love out of me.

I enjoyed your update! I LOVE the picture of Ariel and Eden, it is too precious! Looks like you have some amazing character interactions.

I enjoyed your update! I LOVE the picture of Ariel and Eden, it is too precious! Looks like you have some amazing character interactions.

I know, right? Those princesses were awesome. We met more characters too! I just did the highlights. We were crazy character meeting fools. Especially for people who weren't going to meet any!

You have all heard me whine about Sleeping Beauty's castle. My Wordless Wednesday this week is picture proof that I'm not making this up.

Castle Comparison

Wow! There is no comparison, DW's castle is much grander and amazing! It looks like DL's main street is longer though. Is it?

Wow! There is no comparison, DW's castle is much grander and amazing! It looks like DL's main street is longer though. Is it?

I have no idea. I tried to look as I'm sure this info is somewhere. I also am going to replace the picture I have used with one I take personally in August so I can stand in the exact same spot. This one is close, but I was standing right at the point where the trolley tracks first cross. That's way I can have an exact comparison.

Today's posting is up! It's on the Soundsational Parade

Just a little bit extra that I didn't say on the blog:

We did not really plan on seeing this parade. We don't often make parades priorities as they are super hot and in bright sunshine (I do say that part in there) we just find they aren't worth it. Plus, I always feel pushed around at Disney World parades. Even when I'm not on Main St. This isn't to say I haven't had some lovely parade viewing moments, it's just a mixed bag.

But I do thoroughly enjoy parades, both Disney and otherwise. So when we happened to be in the area and the parade was clearly gonna come, we went ahead and found seats. You know I really hate waiting in lines. But as previously noted in this Trip Report, I was willing to stretch my waiting limits at Disneyland. Because we had 5 days and there are only 2 parks. Because the temperatures are cooler there. Because I don't have babies and toddlers anymore. Because I wasn't exhausted from walking. I found myself and my family willing to do 20 minutes. Eden and I even did a 40 minute line at Toy Story Mania (I'm gonna talk about this soon I think.) And we didn't hate it.

And we did a long Tinkerbell line. Anyway, you can basically see where I'm going with this. For we Disney World vets, Disneyland is calmer. You aren't walking 15 miles a day because it is so compact. It isn't 100 degrees. And we had 5 days for 2 parks.

So I patiently waited for this parade to begin and actually enjoyed the calmness of the waiting. And talked, yet again, to the wonderful Californians around us. I have had many delightful conversations while waiting for Disney World show and parades too, just FYI. But they mainly for the evening stuff. Does anyone have a pleasant conversation with strangers when it is 100 degrees?

And it really was great! So I am going to try, and probably fail because I am what I am, to make parades a little bit more of a priority at Disney World. Whenever I happen upon one it brightens my day. But whenever I plan I'm always a little disappointed. We did discover in MK last time that watching the parade from in front of the Barber Shop is quite lovely. You can see the backworkings of the park, but you are all alone and it is shady. It wasn't the main parade, though, just the little Celebrate one.

Also, if you go read this, you should check out my Monsters University review. And even if you don't check out my review, you should go see the movie. So much fun. Brave was released last year this same weekend and Monsters University is gonna pull in more at the box office. Why? Because it is a better movie.

And no, sadly, Disney doesn't pay me to advertise for them. I pay THEM to advertise for them. :lmao::lmao::lmao: Sad, but true. Oh, so true.

I enjoyed your parade pictures! We missed all of the afternoon parades for the heat reason also. Hopefully next trip we can stick it out and watch the parades in spite of the heat.

Great review of Monsters University! It was a great movie and it was so fun to finally be able to go to a movie as a family. :thumbsup2

I went back and started reading your 2011 camping spring break trip report and it has me laughing out loud in places. :rotfl:

I love the matching t-shirts - so crafty. Now if I could get my group to do it... I just might make them and tell everyone to wear them. The girls would go along!

Christine

I think this should be the tag line for the Dis. :rotfl2:

Yes it should! "We pay to say we play at Disney". :rotfl:

I enjoyed your parade pictures! We missed all of the afternoon parades for the heat reason also. Hopefully next trip we can stick it out and watch the parades in spite of the heat.

We only saw the Disneyland one once, so I only have one perspective. But most of my memories of afternoon parades at Disney World involve heat radiating up from the sidewalk and making me miserable, or people being weird and making me miserable.

One time we watched the parade from Frontierland and had a great spot. And it wasn't so hot. But this woman physically used her body and stroller to trap Tim/Donald against the fence. It was so weird and tainted that parade for me. The kids loved it, but I was quite concerned about this crazy woman. Anyway, the parade itself at Disneyland was no better than Disney World's. But the conditions were far superior.

We also often take a rest at WDW earlier in the day because of the heat. Sometimes we will quit touring by noon and not come back till 5:00. So obviously we miss the parades. At Disneyland because there is no heat, we wouldn't take our break until later afternoon.

So I'm still not sure in August if I'll see a parade. Because I don't want to be miserable. They are so much fun, but not worth it if it is hot and exhausting.

Great review of Monsters University! It was a great movie and it was so fun to finally be able to go to a movie as a family. :thumbsup2

I went back and started reading your 2011 camping spring break trip report and it has me laughing out loud in places. :rotfl:

I love the matching t-shirts - so crafty. Now if I could get my group to do it... I just might make them and tell everyone to wear them. The girls would go along!

Christine

I know, right? I've wondered as I've been reading other people's views if it was really that great (people make good points as to why they didn't like it) or if it was just so nice to be out with my family to a 100% family friendly movie that was not stupid. So many shows & films for kids are just dumb.

That spring break trip was definitely one of my favorites. We had such a fantastic time! The weather was incredible. And the Epcot Flower and Garden show. :cloud9: Plus I love camping. LOVE! Glad you are enjoying it.

As for matching t-shirts, I know it's a hard pill to swallow for some. Individuality and all. But it is just so handy-dandy. I'm in the midst of making our shirts for this years trip and we chose a Mike Wazowski green for one of them. I do NOT look good in that color at all. But I know they will be my favorite shirts at Disney World because they are easy to spot. No stress wondering where my people are because I'll be able to spot them a mile away.

Hopefully you can pull it off. :cheer2:

So I was feeling the pressure of our upcoming Disney World trip and decided to wrap it up today. :guilty: I am sad that I didn't give this my 100% attention this past year, but I did the best I could. Thank you all SOOOO much for following along. You guys are the best and I have loved getting to know you all better. So without further ado, here are my top 20 tips:

Disneyland Tips for Disney World Vets

If I ever post another thread on this and if this isn't closed, I'll put here. But in the mean time.... Thanks for reading. Best. Trip. Ever.

(Until the next trip. :thumbsup2)

So I was feeling the pressure of our upcoming Disney World trip and decided to wrap it up today. :guilty: I am sad that I didn't give this my 100% attention this past year, but I did the best I could. Thank you all SOOOO much for following along. You guys are the best and I have loved getting to know you all better. So without further ado, here are my top 20 tips:

Disneyland Tips for Disney World Vets

If I ever post another thread on this and if this isn't closed, I'll put here. But in the mean time.... Thanks for reading. Best. Trip. Ever.

(Until the next trip. :thumbsup2)

Aww, I'm sad - I don't want it to be over! :(

Can't wait for your next TR! :banana:

I'm sad that is over. I enjoyed seeing DL through your eyes and I'm looking forward to your next TR. :)

I am loving your TR. I'm new to the DISBoards and this is the first time I've been motivated to post! So, just to rate your Disneyness are your kids really named after Disney characters or are those nicknames you use to withhold their real names? :confused3

"It makes you ponder the past and the future. Why do these trees live longer than us? I want to live to plant a seqouia and see it 2,000 years later. I want to. And if I have the desire, than why can't I? Blissful sigh.... I really like these trees and the quiet pondering I'm allowed to dwell on while walking amongst them."

I totally agree with your point. It's so nice you were able to spend time in a natural setting and not just at DLR, which we all so love! A PDF I was reading earlier today ponders your question. I was reminded of it since I was discussing it with someone earlier today. I can't post the link now. I have a "Forever To Do List" with all the things I'd like to do if I could live forever. DH & I just were writing things on it last night! :laughing: The only thing we had on our list in common was "Explore Antarctica" written exactly like that on both of them. :love: I've just added see Sequoia National Park. :yay: I was thinking I could do it on our October trip but I just looked on Google maps and it's quite a bit farther north than where we're going. After DLR we're going to San Diego.

Well, I'm on page 5 of your TR and I'm loving it! I literally read it while eating: popcorn:: You're such a good author. So many TR's I've read on this site are astoundingly well written. No wonder my dinky TR's on tripadvisor don't get too many comments. :badpc: Plus I'm not much of a photographer. As in, we took 2 pix on our last DLR trip. I'd kind of like it if someone would publish a book of DLR TR's! Too bad for these boards spoiling it & giving it away for free. :rotfl:

Sorry this has been neglected. :sad: But I have an excellent excuse. I actually have MORE than one good excuse.

The first one is that on June 29th a land hurricane hit our town and we lost electricity for TEN days! That's right. 10 days.

Here's an article written by one of my neighbors:

The picture is of my backyard where a tree caught fire from downed power lines.

As you can imagine, going back to the 1800's threw off my computer skills a little bit. Especially since I run an AIR CONDITIONING company and it was on average 100+ degrees these 10 days. As the power came back house by house, we got a zillion calls. Which is good for our bottom line, but bad since we didn't have cell phones OR landlines for 4 days at work either. :scared:

However, it's now been a full week since my power came back on and I am officially put back together. And I've learned quite a bit about my family. First, we LOVED hanging our laundry to dry. We loved pretty much everything about it. So we bought and installed a rotary clothes line thingy and we LOVE it. Second, we really didn't miss tv. We played music more and played games more. Which considering we already do those things we did them a LOT. And we had a great time at our pool with out neighborhood. So we probably will get rid of our cable here shortly.

Our life has been so much better without cable! We gradually decreased though. Full cable with DVR, to Basic w/DVR, to Netflix, to just antenna TV! I'm glad you discovered new things. I've also recently started drying my clothes on a rack (but indoors). ;)

Our life has been so much better without cable! We gradually decreased though. Full cable with DVR, to Basic w/DVR, to Netflix, to just antenna TV! I'm glad you discovered new things. I've also recently started drying my clothes on a rack (but indoors). ;)

One way we simplified was by turning half our house into an apartment! It has greatly improved my life. Less to clean, for one thing! But we still have cable. This time of year seems pointless, but I'm rather attached to watching live football.

Your quoting this part of my story, we are at the one year anniversary of that very weekend this weekend! Having a much better time of it this year, however. No hurricanes and plenty of electricity!

We are on a little 3 day trip to Charleston, WV this weekend (same trip as last year we do it every year) and all of our kids are playing in the pool as I read a new book I just got. Yesterday some of us were in a little play (Suzy, Milo, Mulan, and McQueen) and I was behind the scenes, so we were very grateful to not have any more drama in our real lives.

As for my Disney love, it didn't extend to actually naming our kids. It just seemed like fun for a Disney board. Plus, I started writing these years ago and wasn't comfortable with my kids names being out there. Now that they are older and the Internet has info about everyone anyway, I have started my own blog. And I use their real names on that. We actually named them after places we want to take them someday. Siena, Alexandria, and Eden.

Here is today's posting:
http://www.enchantingbeginnings.com/akershus-royal-banquet-hall-epcot-center/

I'm hoping to someday have it be a place for parents to go for all their Disney tips and maybe even write a practical guidebook. But for now, I'm just baby stepping and learning my way. It's a fun hobby.

Feel free to e-mail me from there if you want or if you have questions. I know you can't private message on here yet.

We leave in TWO DAYS!!! Well, more like 36 hours now. Here's my new TR.

Disney World this time. Not Disneyland. Sorry, Cali's. I still love ya'll. But gotta go east coast this year. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter