Topolino’s — still a great restaurant?

I really like the sour cream waffles! But everything my family got was good, just can’t remember what they got.
I really enjoyed the sour cream waffles as well. The bacon was crisp as I like it, I was given a side of scrambled eggs when asked, the POG juice was yummy and we really enjoyed the container of pastries and they did give refills on those. All in all a nice character breakfast experience where you do not have to pony up to a gross buffet.

I will however see if I can get a reservation during our September trip for the character dining at the Four Seasons. I have heard good things about it.

Strictly as a comparison of breakfast food can anyone compare the breakfast here with the breakfast at Steakhouse 71? Again just quality comparison.

Pretty standard for a Disney restaurant.

Beats the alternative for overpriced but not wonderful.
I highly concur. . . would much rather pay more in a signature and not be rushed and have a good dinner vs alot of other places in the parks.

PS But I will say the steak quality over the past year plus we have been going back is much much lower quality and creativity as from pre COVID. Steaks are all looking the same at the signatures during our past 3 trips.

we still haven't done breakfast and we need to. heard the costumes for the characters are awesome and the food is pretty good as others have said.

we have eaten dinner here 3 times now and all 3 dinners were really good. Apps are very very good here also.

Strictly as a comparison of breakfast food can anyone compare the breakfast here with the breakfast at Steakhouse 71? Again just quality comparison.
71 have a good breakfast? we have to slow our roll with rope drop and go for breakfast here and there again. we leave tomorrow for 8 full park days. . . no reason we can't go for breakfast 2 of those days. last trip in November we had 9 days in parks and rope dropped everyday cause we were on such a roll with waits and lines.

I would give a slight nod to Topolino’s but Steakhouse 71 is my third favorite Disneyworld breakfast spot. Ale and Compass is #2. Love their mini breakfast buffet with the ability to order an entree for under $25. The small buffet is well spaced out and has fruit, pastries and biscuits and gravy among other yummy offerings.

I would give a slight nod to Topolino’s but Steakhouse 71 is my third favorite Disneyworld breakfast spot. Ale and Compass is #2. Love their mini breakfast buffet with the ability to order an entree for under $25. The small buffet is well spaced out and has fruit, pastries and biscuits and gravy among other yummy offerings.
Very excited to try out SH71 for both breakfast and dinner this trip! And will also be staying at BCV so Ale and Compass breakfast will also be frequented a few times! I've had their cholate waffles which were great but I'd love to indulge in the mini buffet as well.

Not sure if you mean Topolino's character breakfast but in case you did - We did 4 character meals (all breakfast) during our 12-day trip last September/October. We did:

Crystal Palace- Not a good experience - the least amount of care for the customer experience of any of the 4. We waited a long time for character interactions, servers/staff did not offer to take photos so we could all be in a photo together, service was not great overall, food was not great.

Garden Grill- Wonderful service, wonderful management who came by every table to make sure we had gotten time with each character. When we mentioned we just still had yet to meet Pluto, Pluto was over to our table within 5 minutes, wonderful character interactions, visiting with each character multiple times), food was really great. I went back with my little one in December, this time for dinner, and the food was not nearly as good but the characters were amazing again. But highly recommend breakfast here.

Topolino's Terrace- Amazing character interactions (example: Minnie kneeled next to my two year old and pointed at each of his mini plastic animals that he had arranged on the table while he said what each animal was and she clapped each time he said the animal name, costumes amazing, ambiance fun and exciting). Food was really good. They will not let you add on an extra entree anymore, but we were able to add on other extras, like eggs and bacon/sausage. Our server sprinkled some pixie dust as well and brought our two year old out a mickey waffle for free. At Topolino's you don't have to pay for a child under 3 but if you order food for them you do have to pay the cost for a child 3-9, so we opted not to order him anything and just shared our food and the "extras" they allowed for free. So the mickey waffle was a total surprise and very kind of our server.

Tusker House- We enjoyed it, but unlike you will read on some blogs and be sold by some reviewers with very pedestrian palates, the food there is not exotic. It was not unlike any other WDW breakfast buffet. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but we were definitely overhyped on how pronounced the "African flair" to it was going to be. It was barely noticeable in terms of the food. The characters were great, though the interactions were not quite as special as what we experienced at Topolino's, they were still fun and the characters came by multiple times each during our visit.

We also went to Topolino's for dinner end of September and overall really liked it. The filet was very good. My husband's food was not bad but not amazing. I think he got the Bouillabaisse. We also tried the Gnocchi appetizer which we enjoyed and one other appetizer. The ambiance was amazing, Service was really good. Also enjoyed seeing Epcot fireworks from the patio. This was Epcot Forever though and not Luminous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter