Torn between Kidani 1BR and AOA Suite

maddiezoots

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, I am so torn between these two resorts. I've switched back and forth multiple times. We are a family of 5 - me, DH, DS17, SD15, DD13. I love that Kidani has the washer and dryer. I know both have two bathrooms. I know Kidani is bigger. My main issue is where are my three kids going to be happiest sleeping? At AOA the girls would split the double couch, and DS would take the pull down table bed. At Kidani they would be sharing pretty much the same space, sleeping next to each other. I have stayed at Kidani before (without kids), but never AOA. I'm guessing the bus transportation is similar. I'd LOVE to upgrade to a 2 BR, but it isn't in the budget right now.

Can anyone give me advice as to tip the scales one way or another? DH and I would be happy anywhere. Its just about the kids, and them having the happiest experience. We are going late August, so we will be spending some afternoon breaks at the resort for sure to get out of the heat. Thanks for any advice!

I would bring an extra, twin-sized, air mattress for your son (that way the girls can share the couch bed), and stay at Animal Kingdom. Your kids at those ages will probably prefer to be able to see animals either from their room or from the lobby. Also, there are more food options than just a food court and pool bar. This is assuming there's not a material difference in price.

Last time we were at Kidani we had a 1BR, there was a 2 person sleeper sofa and a 1 person sleeper chair in the living room area. You could reposition the chair a bit if you think they are too close, but it wasn't a factor for our kids.

Stayed in a 1BR at Kidani in April and it was just gorgeous. We were a mom and her grown daughters trip (4 women). Two slept in main bed, one slept on the sofa bed and the other slept on the sofa chair. It worked out perfect. The nice part was having the kitchen area. To have a full fridge and stove and sink was awesome. We went out and bought all kinds of drinks and food and were set for the week. I can't comment on AOA since I have never stayed. Plenty of room for all and that main bathroom was simply gorgeous!! Also, the main sofa bed is a queen.

I have stayed at AOA and Kidani and I would choose Kidani. My guess is that the kids will be so tired they will sleep easily in either place. If needed, pack a twin size blow up mattress. But, the Kidani sleeping arrangement sounds about the same as AOA.

I have also stayed at both and I would go with Kidani. Just wanted to point out that your kids will be sleeping "next" to each other no matter which choice you make. The table bed isn't that far from the pull out couch in AOA. I guess it is a little further away from the pull out chair and pullout bed at Kidani, but not much. We are talking a few feet difference. Really, it is the same sleeping set up no matter which you choose.

Last edited:
Love the 1BR at Kidani. Haven't been in a suite at AOA, so can't compare. Looking at the layout, doesn't look much different.
Overall, I love the theme of Kidani, and the quieter feel of it. Sitting out and watching the animals in the morning or evening is always good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter