"Toss the Scale" support group

R_Judy

<font color=purple>U.S. Air Force Family<br><font
Let your jeans be your guide. There has been so much discussion here about the evils of the scale I wonder if we need a "Toss the Scale" support group? Only once a week weighing. And of course all the support you could ever want from a terrific group of people. Anyone interested??

Great. I'm glad you decided to join me.:teeth:

R JUDY.......... I am ashamed, I got the scale out of the shed!!

I did good for about 4/5 days and yesterday I cracked! about 12:30 last night, I went into the darkness in the yard ( and let me tell you, I thought, nothing would get me to go in my scary yard at night), and got the scale! I have weighed myself about 4 times since last night!

I'm sick..............lol, really!

I think I am gonna have to literally throw it in the garbage, not sure if I could do all that!

This is a good thread, I will definitly be part of it!

renee
:crazy:

Count me in! I can't take the stress anymore. :rolleyes:

Renee, I can see the Headlines now: "Women caught ransacking shed at midnight...." :)

~~g.

I'm IN! But I'm down to the once a MONTH weigh in!!

I work out in a gym that has a doctor's scale just standing there... glaring at me as I work out!! It is soooo hard to ignore but I will fight the urge with all of my might!!

You guys- I can't believe that you can actually go "scaleless"!!!

Proud of you - but I can't do it - I am on that "sucker" too much during the week - good luck to all -
I guess this is sort of like - the lifestyle plan of eating that we each choose. Everyone just has to decide what is right for them - Wiskband - I am right there with you!! But you made it much longer than I ever would have ;)

Princess VIJA - so good to se that you are on the boards and if once week at WW (you go girl) is what works - hooray for you !

Robinrs - I have seen your post before and I say - once a month -
man she has willpower

R_Judy - maybe some day I can come join you but not yet - I am still in the "can't give it up stage"

teachingmykids - I "see" the stress just melting away - much better for teaching those kids - so good plan

as for me - I am in wiskband territory - please don't be ashamed - I am not thinking that it is tha-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-t bad, is it ????????

I'm in too. Just once a week for the Foolin Around challenge. I slid off the wagon onto the scale yesterday-hauled it out of the back of the cabinet where it was piled high with stuff. Then jumped on it twice within the hour. :crazy: No more. It's back in the cabinet until the Thursday weigh in! ::yes::
Kathy

I am so glad I have friends to join me!

Renee - In the dark!!!!!!!!!! Put that thing back in the shed.

Princess, Georgia, Robin & Kathy - Thanks for joining me.

Grammy glad you stopped by to support us. Please feel free to join us when you're ready.

I just wanted someplace to vent my scale frustration. I figure that here we can whine and feel better and still avoid the scale. Renee - is that thing back in the shed yet? I am only going to get on the scale once a week. Monday morning is it for me. I promise. Really. Honest.

I weigh in once a week, always have. There have been times when I snuck a weigh in or two before my scheduled weigh day which used to be Wednesday but now it's Friday. I would go crazy if I stepped on the scale every day because the fluctuations would make me insane :crazy: . I was actually thinking of weighing in every other week but I think I would be too impatient to see those numbers. So I'm all for the "Toss the Scale" support group! Good luck everyone. :D

Robinrs: I have one of those scales in my bathroom, so you can imagine how hard it is for me not to weight in.

I'm trying to weight in only on thursdays, so far I have not been able to do it, but I'll give t a try. :)

okay i confess i'm addicted t my acale
i hardly ever walk by it without stepping on it and it needs to stops

so please let me join in to

i vow only to stepon it for the thursday no foolin around challenge

thank you for starting the support thread

Welcome to out little group. I never thought it would be sooo hard, but it is. Hide the scale. That really helps. Out of sight, out of mind.

I was really excited! I thought you were going to toss the scales forever! :) But cutting it down is a start! :) I haven't weighed in 3 weeks...just couldn't handle the pressure...now that Spring is here and I'm able to walk in the mornings, I can get back with the program. I have about 35-40 more pounds to lose and I want them off by my birthday of September 13, 2004!!!!
So I'm going to weigh every week until April 26, then I go on vacation and after that I'm gonna weigh every other week. I'd rather focus on my heartrate and my jeans than a number that may not be the same at age 25 as it is at 36! I just had to think how old I was! Isn't that sad, see I'm not good with numbers anyway! :)
So count me in and Bebr (Grammy), you will be able to do this one day...I just think of some of my great heroines of long ago, Clara Barton, Dorothea Dix, Queen Elizabeth, Harriet Tubman, they all led amazing contributing lives, but did they ever step on a scale? I doubt it! :)
Let's go scaleless...it's as close to being a rebel as I can be, I could never go braless! :)
Tara

Just wanted to check on everyone. I cheated this morning and weighed two days early. I am teasing onederland and just wanted to check. Sooooo close. I won't get on the scale again until Monday though. Hope everyone is doing well. I think of you often.

i cheated too:(

i will try harder to stay off until next thursday (check in for no foolin around challenge)

I just wanted to check in on everyone. This is a very hard challenge. I did cheat yesterday but I got 8 inches of thick hair cut off and I wanted to see if it helped. ( ok kinda lame but it works for me) Sure enough, down 1 pound.:teeth: Three pounds to onederland. I will not get on the scale again until Monday. I am leaving for my son's wedding tomorrow morning and won't be back until Sunday night. Stay strong this week. I know you can do this.

3 days until the wedding:groom: :bride:

Mother of the :groom:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter