TOT question

rkrivas

<font color="e54c7c">Mouseketeer<br><font color="b
Hi -- According to the TOT height requirements, my DD4 1/2 is tall enough to ride and she loves roller coasters, but I'm not sure if she'd be freaked out by TOT. Has anyone ever taken a 4-5 YO child on TOT without traumatizing them?

Thanks -- Kelly

My oldest daughter, 5 year old went on it last time, is a scardy cat & she loved it. We are leaving tomorrow am & my youngest daughter who is 5 1/2 but very small is skeptical about TOT, but she is determined to try it.

DD went on during the trip she turned 4. I was more worried about her not liking the dark parts, not the drop itself. When we got off she yells, can we go again?

Bouncey -- I agree that I'm not worried about the drop part as much as going through the hotel and the dark parts. If DD says she wants to go on the ride, I'll just be mentally prepared to take the chicken exit if need be. :)

My DD5 freaked out big time after the ride. She was so mad she was crying while beating me in the head as I held her. Never again will she visit this ride until she is 20 years old. She still talks about this ride to this day and still doesn't like it. I played her an MP3 recording of the rides music and she flipped out at home.

My DD is a pretty tough kid, she has been on Space Mountain, Dinosaur, Test Track, etc with no problem. TOT was our only real problem - she was just scared to death.

DS was 4 his first time on ToT, and he loved it. On that trip he hated and was petrified of It's Tough to be a Bug.

My point - each kid is different, and you know yours. DS didn't like bugs when he was little, so I was a fool to even try ITTBAB with him that trip. Now he thinks it's fabulous. He's always loved roller coasters and thrill rides, so ToT was appropriate for him.

DS was 3 weeks past 4 when he rode. He rode 3 times... after the 3rd time he said he did not want to go on again. This was probably because the ride stopped momentarily while going up after loading and it was pitch black.

Let your DD decide if she wants to go on the ride.

I think my 5.5 yr old would die of fright in TOT! He has no interest in roller coasters yet either. I think it really depends on your child!

The lady in front of us, scolded me, telling me how "horrified" my daughter would be. I think that lady scared her more than the ride. She was a little spooked by the entry area. I just kept laughing about the things, and pointing, and suggesting how silly they were.

We got on the elevator, and who should be right next to Mady, of course, that lady. My daughter laughed the entire ride. I mean- down in your belly laugh. When we were done, she looked at the lady, and stated "This wasn't scary at all." She was so excited to ride it again, which she got to do right away, since Dad was in the child swap with our 2 Y.O.

ToT is her absolute favorite ride.

Have fun:D

I completely understand your concern about age on TOT. I had the opportunity to take my 4 yr old nephew and 6 yr old niece on it.

With my nephew it was classical, I on one side his dad on the other, as we got to the top the car was in total silence and you heard an "Ut oh" from him right before we started to fall. TOTALLY CLASSIC MOMENT. Everyone in the car was laughing so hard we didn't even know the ride was over.

With my 6 yr old niece, lets just say we rode it, and rode it and rode it. and to this day she reminds me of how much fun ToT was.

My opinion go for it! You never know when that one classic moment will happen.

when i went in april, we were standing in line (me and my two friends) and there were these 4 little girls in front of us. by the time we got to the boiler room there were holding our hands! mind you, we don't know them and they're about 7 or 8. we held their hands until we got on the ride, i was pretty scared up until that point too, and when we got off the ride, they were saying that was so cool!!! the scariest part for me was the hotel and the boiler room/..

My DD6 rode TOT when she was 4. She was not afraid of the drops but she was definitely disturbed by the ghost of the little girl that appears. She refuses to go back on. She told me don't ever ask her to ride that ride again.

DD rode last yr at 4 1/2 and liked it. The drops got to her a little but she still liked it.

There is a TOT movie that runs on the disney channel every once in a while. DD saw that and the special on the travel channel on MGM. Both helped prepare her for the ride.

DD was a 3 1/2. I always explain everything in detail in advance to her about thing we do. Her father has been trying to get a rise out of her since she was little. When he tries to play around and scare her...she usually comes back with your not scary dad and laughs at him.

Anyways she rode TOT and loved it!!! She was ready to get back on...unlike her 7 yr old half brother...he was traumatized. He was not to happy to ride anything after TOT. It all depends on the child. I know my DD real well and she's a thrill seeker like her dad. We're going back before the end of this year and TOT and the drink station at Epcot is all she talks about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter