Totally New to Podcast & confused!

coruth4

Mouseketeer
I am VERY new to this whole podcast thing and have some basic questions that I am sure are posted someplace else - but I can't seem to find.
My computer does not have speakers - therefore I can't listen to the podcasts at work. I would like to be able to save them & bring them home in order to put on my I-Pod. Here is the really stupid question - can they be saved as an MP3 and burned onto a disk? Or should I open them at home into my I-Tunes account?
Any help would be appreciated - I am totally lost here! Which is totally obvious I'm sure! :)
Thank you!

You can subscribe to the podcast on Itunes on your home computer. Go to the Itunes Store and click on Podcasts. Search for Dis Unplugged, or Disney, sorry, it's been a while since I subscribed. There might be further instructions in Itunes. You might be able to load all of the podcasts and listen from the beginning, I like doing that so you can get an idea on the inside jokes and such. If you can't get all of them through Itunes, you should be able to get the remaining ones off of the podcast site.

Welcome to the madness of the Podcast. You'll become as addicted as the rest of us.

Kim

I don't know if this is the kind of info you are looking for, but...

I get all my podcasts on iTunes. Just go to the search box and type in "DIS Unplugged" and then hit subscribe. This will download the most recent, and all future podcasts, to your iTunes account (for free!) and when you connect your iPod, they will be synced to it. :)

on the Dis Unplugged home page, there is usually an up to date link to the mp3. This can be downloaded and burned to a disk... but life is a lot easier to just subscribe in iTunes.

Thanks guys! I can't wait to give it a try. Now I just need to convince my son to let me use the I-Pod to be able to listen to all the podcasts! He's autistic and VERY possesive of "his" I-Pod. It's actually very cute beause the thing holes 10,000 songs and he will only listen to his Disney playlist with Spectro, Eversett ride sounds, etc.
He LOVES everything Disney - lucky for me. For awhile his obsession was vacuums! Not a shared obsession I confess. :)

You'll just have to get yourself an iPod or wait until he is watching a Disney DVD :goodvibes

You'll just have to get yourself an iPod or wait until he is watching a Disney DVD :goodvibes
Reid - you're right! I'll wait until the video your sending us arrives and that should keep him occupied for awhile! By the way - is it in English? Wondering if I should be signing him up for French lessons!
I am really looking forward to trying these podcast!

on the Dis Unplugged home page, there is usually an up to date link to the mp3. This can be downloaded and burned to a disk... but life is a lot easier to just subscribe in iTunes.

Unless your CD player knows how to handle MP3 discs [mine does not 8( ] you will have to play it on your home computer. I don't think the podcast will fit on an audio CD. I would recommend just buying a cheap (less than $30) mp3 player; it will be a lot less hassle. Look for one that will plug into your computer's USB port and emulates a flash drive. Most of the ones that say they are pc AND mac compatible will work fine. Bonus if it says it is Linux compatible. :thumbsup2

Thanks guys! I can't wait to give it a try. Now I just need to convince my son to let me use the I-Pod to be able to listen to all the podcasts! He's autistic and VERY possesive of "his" I-Pod. It's actually very cute beause the thing holes 10,000 songs and he will only listen to his Disney playlist with Spectro, Eversett ride sounds, etc.
He LOVES everything Disney - lucky for me. For awhile his obsession was vacuums! Not a shared obsession I confess. :)

Just in case, another option at I-Tunes is to burn a CD (assuming your computer has that capability). We do that so we can listen in the car on the way to work. (Burn a CD is in the lower right corner of I-Tunes).

Welcome!

Reid - you're right! I'll wait until the video your sending us arrives and that should keep him occupied for awhile! By the way - is it in English? Wondering if I should be signing him up for French lessons!
I am really looking forward to trying these podcast!
Definitely in English but I'm sure you can change the languages :goodvibes

I think that iTunes is smart enough if you burn a CD to be able to "span" CDs (ie break up the long show into two cds). I just read the iTunes help file and it makes me THINK it will do that... If it doesn't do it by default, I'm almost certain you can check an option in the preferences to allow it. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll look around. I ran into this with Audible one time, and I'm pretty sure there's a solution.

I'm sad to report that we're at the point in this house where we're seriously considering AppleTV... we want to be able to listen to the podcast on our surround sound system. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter