Tote Bags?????

JennyP

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!!
This may seem like a silly question but here it goes...when attending the theme parks I intend on bringing some sort of backpack or tote bag containing my 'squeezebreeze', some snacks, umbrella, water, purse...but If I want to get on a ride (i.e. rollarcoaster) which I intend to...where do I put my bag? Do they have lockers, or do you just leave it with the ride people or take it on the ride with you (which I can't see possible)?

What does everyone else do?

until later...
Jenn

Most people wear a fanny pack or carry a backpack. You really don't want anything heavier (unless maybe you have a stroller to leave it in some of the time). With a backpack, you can just put it in your lap for the slow rides, and for the fast ones, you can either hold on tight or put your foot through the strap.

You can't leave your bag where you get on the ride because on a lot of the rides you get off in a different place than you get on. It makes the loading more efficient.

I usually looped the strap around my ankle and then put the tote bag on the floor of the ride between my legs. If you are planning to ride Splash Mountain I would bring a small plastic bag to put your tote bag (or camcoder) in. The floor of the ride is usually wet and will most likely get splashed.

I second MTN advice. I bought one of those junior girl's backpack/purses (It was just the right size for my digital camera, coin/pass purse, poncho, sunglasses but small enough not to be heavy) and when I went on any of the rollercoasters I would put in down at my feet and put my feet through the backpack straps. No problem and I rode these rides several times. And the idea of getting a storage bag (hefty was the one that I used) for Kali Rapids and Splash Mountain is a good one!!
Have a great trip!!!

That is a really good idea! I'am going to get one of those little purse/back packs and carry a large ziplock freezer bag to put in it on the wet rides!

Thanks
Jenn

My family and I (2 adults, 1 child) purchased a fanny pack from Eddie Bauer that is a bit oversized without being cumbersome. It is actually large enough to carry passes, cash, comb, a few baby wipes, and 3 folded ponchos. Between the heat, the rides, and the chance of leaving your tote somewhere, I highly recommend travelling light and leaving your hands free. Have an amazing trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter