TOTW closed July 4th for paid event

Now hearing that the event was limited to what the lounge itself holds - like 75 ppl or so? Really DVC? I find that to actually be insulting to members. That's a little over $10k in Revenue. Being very generous on their margins lets say that netted them a whole $7k although since it included wine and beer less net is much more likely. $5k might not be too crazy of a possibility.

This wasn't about any $$$'s that are even a tiny bit meaningful to DVC or Disney. ****ty and insulting. Then offering to let people up for $49 bucks who up until 3 weeks were allowed? Wow.

For the record not one person I’ve spoken to has been offered a thing by Disney as compensation. I know a few are very upset as one woman owns at 4 properties and could have used less points to stay elsewhere. And again, the 3rd was at capacity so their “see it on the 3rd” is garbage IMO. 75 ppl on the 4th, what a joke.56E36192-EA93-4FC5-8BB5-1F025BB57AFE.jpeg

Now hearing that the event was limited to what the lounge itself holds - like 75 ppl or so? Really DVC? I find that to actually be insulting to members. That's a little over $10k in Revenue. Being very generous on their margins lets say that netted them a whole $7k although since it included wine and beer less net is much more likely. $5k might not be too crazy of a possibility.

This wasn't about any $$$'s that are even a tiny bit meaningful to DVC or Disney. ****ty and insulting. Then offering to let people up for $49 bucks who up until 3 weeks were allowed? Wow.
This was certainly not about revenue. Darlene Cipriano and Diane Petit were not there to provide white glove service to 75 guests. This was obviously a test event and they were there to gather Intel.

I feel much better about the $600 + Canadian I spent on the dessert party for 6 people on Dec 30 :rotfl:
We did the same thing for 7 people for 12/30. I’m thinking with crowds it will be money well spent....well I am hoping at least 🤣😂🤣

$550 a person? Unbelievable. I'm not sure it's Disney that's on another planet, or the people prepared to pay it.
Re the manager being there, I think that given the late notice, they couldn't get the extra staff on a holiday, so they had to muck in, including doing the valet after.

We did the same thing for 7 people for 12/30. I’m thinking with crowds it will be money well spent....well I am hoping at least 🤣😂🤣
We had done a dessert party with our extended family at MK on July 3rd one year and it was definitely worth it to be out of the crowd!! We all enjoyed the treats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter