Tour companies in Yellowstone

McKelly

DIS Veteran
We are planning on a trip out West next summer. My plan is to hit Glacier National Park for 2-3 days and then head down to West Yellowstone for three days. I see there are several tour companies leaving from West Yellowstone and I thought taking a tour the first day, hitting the highlights would be a good idea and then the following two days we can travel to the places we wanted to spend more time at or places we missed.

Has anybody used a tour company? Do you make frequent stops to get out and since I have children, are there bathrooms near by :rolleyes1 ? I just sent for some info, but it will take awhile and I would like to book lodging. Thanks for any tips!!

Never taken a tour and I think you probably could do this on your own. Look at www.nps.gov/yell . Plenty of planning ideas etc.

Also information there on tours offered in the park. There are restrooms/outhouses in many places in Yellowstone, just not sure about on tour stops.

Enjoy your trip. You may also want to visit Trip Advisor forums for more ideas....

The tour groups are wonderful if you don't want to deal with driving in the park. During peak seasons the traffic can get really brutal and stressful, it can be difficult to find parking places, most of the roads are 2 lane, some are in very bad repair - more pothole than road. Most major stops will have bathrooms. And 'carpooling' with a group is more environmentally friendly.

But the park has a lot to offer that's 'off the beaten path' and driving yourself will let you take it in and enjoy it at your own pace. Such as swimming at firehole or picnicing near a river. As you'll be there for three days you can always drive one loop one day, take the second loop the other day, then spend the third day going back to things you missed or want to see again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter