Touring plan for the parks - First timer

Mintycake

DIS Veteran
I'm a WDW vet leaving in 2 weeks for our first ever DL trip! Me, DH and DD age 7. And I'm a bit anxious because I don't really have a touring plan. We're staying on site so we will use EMH every day. We also have 5 day park hoppers. Also are only certain areas open in each park during EMH?

From what I have read, for DL it's best to hit up Fantasyland first as there are no fastpasses and then I guess your choice? For DCA we'll head to Guardians first, and pull FP for RSR and then ride TSMM? Then Anna and Elsa?

The general plan is to rope drop EMH every day and go in the park until about noon. Some days I have late breakfast/early lunch ADR planned and then we are thinking of going back to the hotel for rest/pool time and then heading back into the parks but not sure what time is optimal. Given the early start we probably wont stay up late until the end of the trip (I have WOC pkg and Fantasmic dining booked Thursday and Friday respectively).

We also plan to get Maxpass.

What am I missing?

TIA

Last edited:
I'm a WDW vet leaving in 2 weeks for our first ever DL trip! Me, DH and DD age 7. And I'm a bit anxious because I don't really have a touring plan. We're staying on site so we will use EMH every day. We also have 5 day park hoppers. Also are only certain areas open in each park during EMH?

From what I have read, for DL it's best to hit up Fantasyland first as there are no fastpasses and then I guess your choice? For DCA we'll head to Guardians first, and pull FP for RSR and then ride TSMM? Then Anna and Elsa?

The general plan is to rope drop EMH every day and go in the park until about noon. Some days I have late breakfast/early lunch ADR planned and then we are thinking of going back to the hotel for rest/pool time and then heading back into the parks but not sure what time is optimal. Given the early start we probably wont stay up late until the end of the trip (I have WOC pkg and Fantasmic dining booked Thursday and Friday respectively).

We also plan to get Maxpass.

What am I missing?

TIA
Staying on-site will be a very beneficial perk!

DL's EE will have Fantasyland and Tomorrowland open. The other lands open with the general opening of the day.
While DCA has the majority of the park open for EE. Sometimes a few rides are a little slow to start on EE mornings.

MaxPass will be very nice to help limit your time in lines.

At least one evening, try to be in Carsland at dusk for the lighting of the street and shops. We like to grab an ice cream and sit at the end of the street to see all the lights cycle on.

Enjoy

Geemo

Get there early and have a plan for the first few hours what you want to do. But come afternoon it is so busy you should just go with the flow and just do fast passes. The crowds will ruin most plans later in the day. And if Indiana Jones is open, ride it because it will break down.

The best thing about MaxPass is that while you are relaxing during your hotel break, you can keep your eye on your time to get the next MaxPass, and then line up a few for the evening -- like riding Radiator Springs Racers or Big Thunder Mountain after dark, or having a MaxPass to use after Fantasmic. I booked several each afternoon so we had a much easier time in the evening.

The only other thing to mention is avoiding the area around New Orleans Square in the evening unless you are there for Fantasmic -- it's a nightmarish bottleneck. And most of the outdoor rides around Paradise Pier close well before World of Color, so don't plan on riding too late. That area isn't quite as back around WoC because the pathways are wider, but there's really no reason to be over there if you're not doing WoC that night.

PHXscuba.

My observation about December visits is that it becomes dark early and as a result, folks really slow down and settle into the holiday spirt, so it may actually be fun just to enter the park at dark each day and see the glow of the lights.

Try DL early entry if it’s super early. It’s not like you’ll get a whole lot done. The 2 lands open with numerous others there for their 3 day mm mess it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter