Touring plans for offsite stays

mom4fun

DIS Veteran
Can someone direct me to where I can get information on touring plans with an offsite stay? I obviously won’t be able to get decent fast pass because we will be going mid June. We only plan to spend half days touring but go to each park twice.

I don't use any kind of touring plan, as that's not our style, but we do stay offsite and we go in June very often. You will be able to get plenty of good FP+, even at 30 days out. FoP may be hard, but pretty much every other ride will be available at 30 days out....especially in summer. You can also get 4th, 5th, 6th or more FP+ pretty easily. Honestly, on a June day, we'll get 8-10 FP+ within a 5 or 6 hour day.

I think most anyplace that advises/creates touring plans would work fine for you. There are lots of resources out there that offer suggested plans--they may suggest a few FPs you can't get (likely just the ones mentioned above), but most of it would apply--and many will suggest alternatives for if you don't have those FPs. For example, if you're using the touringplans website it will make you plans from whatever you tell it. Sure, it will suggest that you get a FP for FoP, but if you can't, it will customize your plan accordingly.

I just looked at FPs for our week now that the 60 day window has been open a week and all FPs are available except FOP. FEA is only available mid-afternoon on and 7DMT is only available early evening and on. Na’vi, RNC and others are available in the morning. I assume most people with a 60 day window have made their FPs so I assume most of those times will be available at 30.

Last edited:
I use "Unofficial Guide to WDW" (book) it lays out a plan for each park (all 4 WDW, and each water park, and Universal parks) with a few optional plans for your type of group (i.e. young kids, adults only, etc.). After reading much of the book to become familiar with the plans, I make copies of the 1-page plans I want to use from the back of the book, I write on the back of those pages any notes for our day at that park I don't want to forget (like entertainment times) and I fold them up in my pocket. If going mid-day, just pick up later in the suggested plan, such step #10.

But, the book gets released to book shelves about August for the next year, so it's a little behind in some information that will have already changed by the time you arrive in June. They do offer website updates to the book so you can peruse new info.

We used these guides regularly for a few different trips, now we have more of a handle on how the plans work and don't have to follow them to a "T." When you get to a step they suggest and don't want to do that, just skip it. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS TO HAVE A PLAN AND STICK WITH IT (at least for awhile). The difference will be the "plan" and not "where you stay." It was difficult when my kids were young to walk past something, they see it, ask to ride, we have to say "we'll ride that later" (cause it's not in the plan for this moment, but later it will be). But everyone in the family understands there is a payoff to sticking with the "plan." We waited maybe 1/2 hour for rope drop at EP one morning, as we moved in the large herd, I mean mass of people. We get to the point where you turn left for TT or turn right for Soarin'. The family in front of us stops cold on the sidewalk, one teen saying "I want TT" the other teen saying "I want Soarin'." I wondered what exactly had they been talking about for the last half hour waiting for the gates to open? See ya', we'll be on our first ride while you figure that out.

For us, we have found that if we arrive at RD, follow a plan for at least 4-5 rides, we can pretty much do what we want after that. We leave mid-day for a nap (even when we're offsite) and return in the evening and jump in our last line just before the park closing time. We save the long line, hard to get FP, for RD or at-closing strategy. If we are staying offsite, we still study EMH times so we can plan opposite them and avoid them. Let's say MK has an AM EMH on a Tuesday, to me it is less likely that an onsite guest would plan to go to the same parks 2 mornings in a row. So, I will plan our MK morning either Mon or Wed. Similarly, if MK is having a PM EMH (say midnight on a Wed), it is probably less likely the onsite guest will stay to midnight and then be at rope drop the next morning, so I'll plan to be at RD on Thur. DO NOT GO TO AN EMH PARK YOU IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO USE EMH privileges. Because we leave anyway to nap and eat offsite, we will hop to a different park for the evening.

Touringplans.com, the website for the Unofficial Guide. What Shocker said.

We are staying offsite in June for the first time after 10 onsite stays. I am planning to do pretty much the same as we always do: RD, avoid EMH parks, make the best use of FP that we can and be flexible. I know we probably won't get FP for FoP or 7DMT, but we'll keep watching for FP and see what happens.

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS TO HAVE A PLAN AND STICK WITH IT (at least for awhile). The difference will be the "plan" and not "where you stay."

DO NOT GO TO AN EMH PARK YOU IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO USE EMH privileges.

This really depends on your style, because I very much disagree with these two points above. Not saying they're "wrong", simply that people may not want to tour that way.

I'd agree that if you're a complete newbie, having at least a general rough plan is a good thing, but even then you don't need to completely stick with it. We make plans, but honestly we change them quite often. Sometimes we completely and totally scrap them, as in not even go to the park we had originally planned. Other times we'll go to that park, but change FP+ plans...then we wing it from there.

I see zero reason not to go to an EMH park if you're offsite. We don't even pay any attention at all to what parks have it on what day, it doesn't matter to us at all. We usually arrive at the parks between 9:30am and 10:00am and I couldn't tell if there was EMH or not. IMO, if you want to go to the park, go.

We are going the week of June 9 and staying offsite. Now that there are more hotels/resorts that can book FP+ at 60 days out, has availability changed for us 30 day out folks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter