Touring Plans has MK a 10 on Oct. 15, Oct 17, Oct 20:Update post 48

KittyKitty

DIS Veteran
They are days with no MNSSP in the evening.

Part of me wants to go just to see what a 10 crowd is like.

It may change.
EDIT: Please read post 48. Update as of 8/5.

Last edited:
We will be in MK on Oct 20 :crowded:
I am guessing it will be quite the experience! Our goal for that day is to not go into the park until 4pm, do the 3 FP rides we have scheduled plus maybe the People Mover, and then go to our dinner reservation. We're not going to try to be there all day or do fireworks. I am still scared though! We are not crowd people!

Thats why we are going over New Years this year... logically I know I will hate not getting a lot done but... once? Sure why not. :rotfl2:

We've done 4th of July in both Disneyland and WDW and did NYE in Disneyland a couple years ago. Its a different kind of fun but so far hasn't been as bad as I was expecting.

I may get the chance as we will be there that week. Hoping they are wrong.
Thinking FPs and an early afternoon resort break.

What makes m

It may change.

What makes you think you will be able to "see" what the crowd is like? The only thing you will be able to see is the backpack being squished against your face when the person behind you moves forward pushing you into the person in front of you to form a human sandwich ;)

It may change.

Keep in mind TP crowd levels are based on wait times at key attractions not an estimate of how many people will be in the park. Though in general, the two do correlate, once you're over a certain amount, you're over.
But as far as crowds, there are tens and there are TENS!!!
The tens that occur in October won't be as crowded as the Ten that occurs December 25.

The key is to get there bright and early before the park opens and have yourself a good plan. If you can do that, no matter how crowded it is you'll get through it and have a good time. Would I rather it not be crowded. Of course. But it is what it is and you adapt.

Last edited:
"The key is to get there bright and early before the park opens and have yourself a good plan."

My plan is to be at other parks those days. But my curiosity may bring me there!

We'll be there on the 13th at MK which is also rated a 10. It is our first trip down there so I'm going to do my best to plan and then take breaks back at the hotel. Maybe the rest of the parks will seem empty after this chaos.. Lol

If you can handle crowds, then don't let people scare you. We have been at MK on 12/30, Epcot on NYE, and all of the parks during Spring Break, which has some 9 or 10 days. There were people and lines, but rarely was it wall-to-wall people everywhere all day. I would have noticed, because I'm short. The hub does get to be wall-to-wall for the fireworks, but generally there is some room to breathe. I actually enjoy the crowds some times. It forces you to stop and smell the roses. You do attractions you never would do, and you look at things that you never noticed before. On 12/30 at MK, we discovered that there is the most beautiful view of Tomorrowland from the Swiss Family Treehouse at night. Things like that are sort of priceless.

We apparently had several 10s on our trip in November. It really wasn't a problem. I didn't actually realize they were 10s until we got back. When I told my husband his reaction was: "wait a sec, so you mean it doesn't get busier than that?!"

I figure crowds or not, we always have fun at WDW. A lot of it is attitude. With the right attitude, nothing can spoil the fun.
Having survived WDW over Christmas several years, I don't think that week can really compare. I hope I'm not proven wrong.

It may change.

It's not going to be the same as a 10 holiday date. I think touring plans bases it on length of ride wait times but there's more that goes into some of the holiday busy dates. And really those would be higher than 10's if the scale went higher than 10.

If it’s not going to be as bad as the holidays, perhaps TP should recalibrate its scale.

I will continue to avoid party season...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!