Touring Plans has MK a 10 on Oct. 15, Oct 17, Oct 20:Update post 48

I went on a wednesday between MVMCPs in 2016. The crowds were insane. The peter pan fastpass line was 45 minutes long and we could barely get through fantasyland without being stepped on and getting screamed at by people on scooters for being shoved in front of them. It was WALL TO WALL people, I have never seen anything like it. We just bailed on that night and our last two fastpasses (my son is on the spectrum and the 45 minute wait on peter pan even WITH fastpass nearly set off a meltdown) and went back to the hotel, I ordered a grownup drink from room service and watched the fireworks from our balcony. Turned into a great night. Never again on a non-party night even with fastpasses. The fastpass lines were insanely long even if shorter than standby.

My parents are going with my sister and her kids that week and I recommended they make their MK day a party day so they are going on Thursday. The kids don't like fireworks anyway.

Last edited:
Please don't let this thread take the excitement out of visiting Disney World. We are talking about MK. Visit on party days. Oct 14 is a 5, Oct 16 a 4.Watch MK fireworks from Poly resort where you can get a Dole Whip!
Rest of the parks are showing 5,6,7.These may change. Other suggestion is not going to Epcot on Friday night nor Saturday.
Seriously, don't go into it wondering how bad it's going to be. We had some crowds while we were there but it was still such an amazing first time that we've already scheduled two more trips to WDW and one to Disneyland. There's so much information on this board about how to navigate the crowds and still have an amazing time. You got this!

Thank you all so very much for the advice and words of encouragement, I needed that pep talk! I do have this under control!! I love Disney so I know we will have fun no matter what. I was just disheartened knowing that we won’t be able to spend nearly as much time at MK as usual, not only due to the parties, but also Bc MK closes much earlier in the fall than summer. We always do park hoppers, and every night we go back to MK to just take in the magic...BUT we will make it work and definitely avoid non party nights! This trip gives us the opportunity to explore other parks at night, we already love Epcot evenings..soo we will do that and totally try AK and HS...then maybe hop on over to Disney Springs, Boardwalk, ohh and it leaves time to definitely squeeze in the night vision safari at AK Lodge. A dole whip, and fireworks at Poly sounds amazing too! Ok guys, I’m excited again! Sending all of you hugs!

It's going to be as crowded as summer, if not more. It seems as if the last couple of years crowds have shifted and fall is the new busy time. But having said that, if you go into it with realistic expectations and a plan, you should be golden.That's much better than expecting low crowds, which October used to have, and being blindsided!

Thank so very much for the advice and words of encouragement, I needed that pep talk! I do have this under control!! I love Disney so I know we will have fun no matter what. I was just disheartened knowing that we won’t be able to spend nearly as much time at MK as usual, not only due to the parties, but also Bc MK closes much earlier in the fall than summer. We always do park hoppers, and every night we go back to MK to just take in the magic...BUT we will make it work and definitely avoid non party nights! This trip gives us the opportunity to explore other parks at night, we already love Epcot evenings..soo we will do that and totally try AK and HS...then maybe hop on over to Disney Springs, Boardwalk, ohh and it leaves time to definitely squeeze in the night vision safari at AK Lodge. A dole whip, and fireworks at Poly sounds amazing too! Ok guys, I’m excited again! Sending all of you hugs!

i did christmas day at disneyland once. the park tickets were sold out by 1pm. never again - im not even a big attraction person, i was just frustrated not being able to get anywhere.

i did new year's day at disneyland. it was....not a pretty sight. we queued 4 hours for Space Mountain and then went home. this was before fastpass though. I'm sure nowadays with smart FP+ choices, you can have a good day even if it's crowd level 10.

Got a email from Touring Plans that MK crowd levels went down for Oct. 13, 10 to 6. Oct 15, 10 to 7. Oct 17,10 to 7. Oct. 20, 10 to 8.

Revised MK crowd Oct. 13, 6-5. Oct 15, 7-6. Oct 17,7-5. Oct 20 8-7. I'll won't know the difference.

What makes m

What makes you think you will be able to "see" what the crowd is like? The only thing you will be able to see is the backpack being squished against your face when the person behind you moves forward pushing you into the person in front of you to form a human sandwich ;)

This made me LOL!

Revised MK crowd Oct. 13, 6-5. Oct 15, 7-6. Oct 17,7-5. Oct 20 8-7. I'll won't know the difference.

I'll be there this week too and I'm very pleased to see the estimates coming down. I'm surprised though and hope this isn't an error on TP's part. Seems odd to go from nearly all 10's to decent numbers.

Oh my gosh. How do the rest of the parks look on the 15th?! Are they all 8's-10's too??

We were in MK last year on Veterans Day before the fireworks and it was a 10. It was UGLY. Uglyyyyy.
So much screaming and cursing and pushing and ADULTS behaving badly. The bridge to Tomorrowland was shoulder to shoulder, shuffling along inches at a time. I saw a dad holding up a toddler in full flailing meltdown, begging people to let him through so he could LEAVE. And people were like “No. I’m waiting for the fireworks.” It was honestly scary. Once we got in to Tomorrowland it was fine. But it put a damper on the night to see the happy facade pulled back and the ugly crazy come out.

We will be there that week and i hope that the decreased number is correct. Right now it doesn't look too bad on Touring plans and Kenny the Pirate (depending on what days you are at what park).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!