Touring plans reservation finder frustration

Kristi113

Mouseketeer
I am desperately trying to get a reservation for Artist point the first week of December. I signed up for touring plans reservation finder. I have had luck with this site in the past so decided to give it a try. So far, they have found me three reservations. The very frustrating part of it is it’s always in the middle of the night and I miss it. Of course, by the time I wake up and see it it’s gone. Does anybody else using this site run into this problem? If so, what do you do besides staying up all night looking for reservations? Funny that it’s always in the middle of the night that someone let something go.

I’ve had great success with it for a trip we are having in October. I’m in the U.K. thoufh, have had a few reservations found late at night for me but I put touring plans email address as a vip in my phone so I made sure I got the email as soon as it came in.

I see what you’re saying. I have alerts set up through email and text. Unfortunately I’m sleeping usually when they come through at 1 o’clock in the morning or something like that. Just seems very strange that they’re always in the middle of the night.

I have used them quite a bit too and have always been successful. I can't remember if I have ever received one through the night though. I know that I have missed out when some came in at times that I wasn't able to go and grab it but eventually did get what I wanted. Good luck!!

it is not "when" the actual reservation is released, it is when TP reservation finder checks AND gets a hit on what you are looking for. I don't think the search is constant. I think it is random, OFTEN but random. I have had some success, but not alot. I mean i wanted a reservation at Sanaa for dinner weeks out and the search did not find it for me, but i checked Monday and got 6pm. good luck

I often get late night alerts too. Sometimes the text will wake me up and I can snag it, sometimes not. In any case, I've always been able to get the reservation I want eventually. Just keep trying!

I see what you’re saying. I have alerts set up through email and text. Unfortunately I’m sleeping usually when they come through at 1 o’clock in the morning or something like that. Just seems very strange that they’re always in the middle of the night.
It’s not the middle of the night everywhere! On the west coast it’s 10:00 pm or in the UK, it’s the morning.

I’ve got TP’s reservations at all times of the day.

Yes, most of the alerts I get are in the middle of the night. If my text goes off and I hear it and it wakes me, I am usually able to snag it!

I have had always gotten all my ADRs using this tool. I changed the text alert for TP to a song so it's loud , long and distinct to wake me up in the middle of the night. It also helps during the day so I know not to ignore the text message.

My Fitbit vibrates when I get texts so it has woken me up before for that. The good news is you have plenty of time left to find a reservation. When your Fastpasses window opens, you might have better luck than right now because people will shuffle reservations to fit their Fastpasses. I also find a surge in reservations around the 30 days mark when people have to cancel package reservations. This year I went during Spring Break and got Sci-Fi diner and Liberty Tree tavern the week of when my kids decided they were done going to BOG.

I've used them for our last couple of trips and I just used them again, about two months ago, to help me a find an Artist Point reservation for Sept.

It took a couple of tries but I finally received a notification during a time that I could take advantage of.

I get the frustration, but it isn't Touring Plans fault/issue; It's all just a matter of when someone else cancels.

Good luck.

I had much better luck stalking the cancelled ADR thread in these forums. If someone is offering up what you need, you coordinate the time for drop/add and avoid the panic of the TP reservation finder.

I just scored another reservation today using the TP for my trip in Oct

I've gotten alerts at all times of the day and night. My frustration is that even if I'm holding my phone and click the link immediately, I've never actually been able to snag one.

I've managed to get all of my reservations by refreshing except Artist Point anyway though.

It's been pretty brilliant for me. Though it took me 4 tries before I was fast enough to lock in the BoG ADR.

I found a dining reservation I signed up for alerts for by just searching on MDE. I never got the notification that it was available.

It does not search constantly. Every 30 to 40 minutes, I think. So it is not going to find every cancellation. Even if it does find a cancellation, somebody might have seen it and grabbed it before you have a chance.

Strangely enough I only seemed to get alerts for Storybook dining at 1:30 in the am too. I finally put the phone in the bedroom and got one. I also luck out searching for what I want after I miss clicking on the link in time. Usually it starts a cascade of people moving times and dates. I grabbed Bon Voyage Breakfast that way. My absolute favorite!

I've had success with this finder in the past but I put in Storybook dining as well about 4 mos ago and I've not gotten a single hit! We're there next week so I'm losing hope. We've not been since this meal began so I thought it'd be fun to try but thinking it won't happen.

LOVE these guys along with Mouse Dining as I was able to book everything we wanted at the time we wanted you have to be diligent and mostly FAST.....when that text comes in you have to act fast as I too have not looked at my phone and saw I had a text from MD/TP and saw the ressie and clicked the link and "paws" message came up, I was too late.....I dont think it is people removing the their reservations necessarily but Disney IT opening them up as it does seem to happen in the early hours......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter