Touring plans reservation finder question

desl10

Mouseketeer
I just got an text saying the touring plan site found a reservation I had set. When I click on the link it takes me right into booking the date/time. I already have a previous reservation scheduled within the hour that I do not want to cancel because my group is doing a split dinner that day. I know normally when you book on the Disney website it ask if you want to cancel the other ADR that is at the same time. However, this doesn't ask me. Will it automatically cancel my other one? Or will it act like the Disney phone service does and allow you to have 2 reservations within the same hour? I do not want to risk canceling my other groups ADR. I can always call Disney and book that way but it may be gone by then!

Book if it let's you then cancel the unwanted one.
I do not want to cancel the second one. We are doing split group dinning. I just wanted to make sure it did not automatically cancel the other one without giving me the option.

Whenever I want to split reservations I use a second MDE account. I'm not 100% sure if it would cancel your first ADR if you go through the TP link, but I personally wouldn't risk it.

Whenever I want to split reservations I use a second MDE account. I'm not 100% sure if it would cancel your first ADR if you go through the TP link, but I personally wouldn't risk it.
Thanks! I am thinking I probably need to do that too. Yes, I did not want to risk it. I was able to call Disney and snag the other one so it did not affect my current ADR but in the future I wish I knew. When you open the touring plan link it pulls it right up and all. It does not say anything about any previous scheduled times like the WDW ADR website normally does so it made me nervous to risk it.

I've usually got a message that I already have another reservation and it asks if I want to cancel it to make a new one. I'm not sure if it would cancel the other one without notifying you, but I wouldn't imagine it would. It's probably best to use another MDE account like another poster suggested.

When folks have been trying for hard to get reservations last minute ish (a month to go) do you find you get notifications or find openings throughout the month, or typically right before? I have been stalking a brunch reservation at California Grill for 9/23 for weeks - I have been checking myself a million times a day and have alerts set on TP and Mouse Dining. I have only seen an opening once last Wed (via TP and it was gone before I could get it, I saw the text 3 min after it came). I am going crazy checking every day and night - do you think my odds are better if I ease up until right before? I don't want to miss out. CG brunch seems like it must be one of the hardest reservations since it is only offered once a week! :( 9/23 falls on our one year anniversary and its the #1 thing I have my heart set on!

When folks have been trying for hard to get reservations last minute ish (a month to go) do you find you get notifications or find openings throughout the month, or typically right before? I have been stalking a brunch reservation at California Grill for 9/23 for weeks - I have been checking myself a million times a day and have alerts set on TP and Mouse Dining. I have only seen an opening once last Wed (via TP and it was gone before I could get it, I saw the text 3 min after it came). I am going crazy checking every day and night - do you think my odds are better if I ease up until right before? I don't want to miss out. CG brunch seems like it must be one of the hardest reservations since it is only offered once a week! :( 9/23 falls on our one year anniversary and its the #1 thing I have my heart set on!
TP worked for us at CG brunch 9/30. I bet a lot of people change plans at last minute. Good luck, I hope you get it, and have a happy anniversary.

You do not have to cancel the other or book with a different MDE account in this case. When you get a text alert and click through to get the reservation, it tricks the system somehow and you can have to reservations for the same time. I'm not sure how or why, but when we have a split party, I use the reservation finder to get the second reservation and it has never cancelled my first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter