Touring Plans room request

The one time I tried the room request we got basically the opposite of what we asked for. I had asked for close to the lobby and the elevators, as my mom was having knee issues at the time. The room we were initially assigned to was about as far from the lobby as you could get (this was at the Yacht Club). It worked out though - I simply went back to the front desk and requested a closer room due to my mom's knees, and they accomodated us.

Yes, you can always go and ask if another room is available. I've done it myself when I got "upgraded" to a Pirate Room when it was Marathon Weekend and I didn't want to risk that frame. I politely asked if I could be downgraded. She had to call an assigner but was able to do it.

Just as a note, the above advice for priority order for requests applies to those you call in on your own as well. Keep it simple, but help them understand why you are making the request you are.
Do you just call the main reservation number?

Do you just call the main reservation number?

I use Touring Plans. But yes, you would call the main number. In that case I'd DEFINITELY keep it simple - like "1st priority - X; 2nd priority - Y; 3rd priority - Z" and not keep the person on the phone with a long explanation. (exception being if it is "1st floor or near an elevator due to mobility" but keep it THAT simple. Anything more and the agent is likely to zone out and miss the most important stuff.

Also when you do online check-in, DO NOT check anything that would contradict what you have requested by phone. And DEFINITELY DO NOT check the box about room ready early is more important. I usually skip the requests section on online check-in completely if I am using TP's requests or having my TA make them.

There is no way to "guarantee" a request because they are always only requests, no matter how they are made. That is why it is best to make it as general as posible (see my previous example of my request at Sports - I started with the section, then narrowed to the floor, and then to a corner room) and if there is something like a mobility concern so they are aware that it is not simply a preference (also a pet peeve of those of us with legit food allergies who have to deal with people who call it an allergy but really it's a preference but "a little bit is ok") as it gives them more options. If you're saying "I would like THIS EXACT room" it's much more difficult because their goal is not to have "orphan rooms" sitting unused for a night just because someone coming in 2 nights later wants it.

I use TP's service because it comes with the membership, but I certainly think I would have just as much success or not if I did the requests on my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter