Touringplans.com work???

I consider myself a worldphile ( Its what CM at DRC called WDW veterans) and I just subscribed and find it very interesting and helpful and I'm excited to try the free ADR helper and Room Request...

Ill be on the page all tomorrow exploring lol

Love It!!! The results will make you a fan! When you see how many rides you can in a short amount of time, you will be hooked!

I consider myself a worldphile ( Its what CM at DRC called WDW veterans) and I just subscribed and find it very interesting and helpful and I'm excited to try the free ADR helper and Room Request...

Ill be on the page all tomorrow exploring lol
I didn't realize until today that they do the faxing for you! Crazy... and the reservation request is remarkable.

I've had it for years. Love the crowd indications and wait times. I used the fax service for the first time last month, I requested 4029 at BWV, got 3029.

I do think that Crowd Calendars are difficult because a '4' day can feel crowded in the modern disney era.

I'm really enjoying Touring Plans because of how I can organize my trip. My Disney Experience is getting to that point with the itinerary section, but touring plans dashboard is great at thinking through your days.

The very first day I used it I snagged a CRT reservation for 2. Since then (that was about maybe a month ago?) I haven't been able to get any other ones (either they get booked SO fast before I have a chance or they just aren't coming in very much right now). So is it worth it? I think so! Even if you are only using their ADR finder and don't subscribe it's a free service.. why wouldn't you take advantage of it? It's so much better than checking MDE obsessively, lol. There is another one you can subscribe to, it's called "mouse dining". With this one you can actually get 6 alerts for ADR's for free whereas touring plans you only get 2. I've never used any of the other features of touring plans but I'm happy just with the ADR finder, I think it's great.
Can you give more specifics on how to use the ADR finder for free without paying for a subscription? I didn't realize you could do that. Exactly where do you go on the site to do that? Do I have to have some kind of account for this? I only saw a place to login...help!

Can you give more specifics on how to use the ADR finder for free without paying for a subscription? I didn't realize you could do that. Exactly where do you go on the site to do that? Do I have to have some kind of account for this? I only saw a place to login...help!

I hear you, I find their website so "messy" and hard to navigate as well.

Here is the link you need: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder
It explains what to do :) Hope that helps!

I think the plans themselves are only helpful if you are only doing rides. You can't enter character meets in unless you already know the best time to go and how long it will take and can schedule it as a break. I also found it completely unhelpful for Epcot World Showcase. First it told me to go to the Japan Pavilion at 9:30 AM and wait for it to open at 11. o_O Then it had me going back and forth across WS and to Future World and back and was very illogical. Between those issues and it not supporting Maxpass at Disneyland, I decided to ask for a refund, which was given quickly.

I think the plans themselves are only helpful if you are only doing rides. You can't enter character meets in unless you already know the best time to go and how long it will take and can schedule it as a break. I also found it completely unhelpful for Epcot World Showcase. First it told me to go to the Japan Pavilion at 9:30 AM and wait for it to open at 11. o_O Then it had me going back and forth across WS and to Future World and back and was very illogical. Between those issues and it not supporting Maxpass at Disneyland, I decided to ask for a refund, which was given quickly.
My plan has a meet and greet listed as an "attraction" that I can add.

Sorry it did not work out for you. Some of the meet and greets can be added, but not all of them. You can also tell it to minimize walking and it will cut down on the criss crossing around the park.

Overall I have been happy with it. I typically put in what I want, optimize, then shuffle some things around to my liking.

I also like the wait times while in the park.

My plan has a meet and greet listed as an "attraction" that I can add.

Only the ones with FPs that Disney posts wait times for which are the minority. My plans are riddled with breaks that have to be hard coded to a certain time for M&Gs. For me it’s not that big of a problem because I Optimize once and then never again but Optimize and multiple M&Gs don’t play well together. I wish TP would include them but I think I get why they don’t. The set times change all the time, there’s no official wait time data, and I’m sure it’s harder to predict the waits. I still wish they would treat them like Launch Bay though where you can put it in and just edit how long you think it would take. Then it could still calculate walking times and maybe at least show the start and stop times for characters that aren’t divided up into sets.

Only the ones with FPs that Disney posts wait times for which are the minority. My plans are riddled with breaks that have to be hard coded to a certain time for M&Gs. For me it’s not that big of a problem because I Optimize once and then never again but Optimize and multiple M&Gs don’t play well together. I wish TP would include them but I think I get why they don’t. The set times change all the time, there’s no official wait time data, and I’m sure it’s harder to predict the waits. I still wish they would treat them like Launch Bay though where you can put it in and just edit how long you think it would take. Then it could still calculate walking times and maybe at least show the start and stop times for characters that aren’t divided up into sets.
Thanks for the explanation! We only do meet n greets when we stumble upon them with no lines lol. We will do a couple of character meals and that’s about it.

Thanks for the explanation! We only do meet n greets when we stumble upon them with no lines lol. We will do a couple of character meals and that’s about it.

DD9 has gotten more and more into M&Gs each year. I think because she’s not a fan of more intense rides. I kind of wish it weren’t so because those meets are often 30 mins and unforgiving on arrival time. And no FP. But she likes them so we include a few each day.

To those of you who have used touringplans to fax the room request, did you get the room you wanted?
I was so surprised to see that it enables you to be so specific!

I had been using TP for a year or so to look at Hotel Room Views and other info. Decided in Dec to buy a 2 year subscription. It's not expensive. In about a week I'm going to use them to fax a room request. We'll see what happens....

I always use TP. I really love the ability to customize your own plans and have them check it and give you precise times, etc. But, I have a hard time finding things on the website. I usually have to google what I'm looking for! Planning to try the room request fax, though I wish I could figure out how to make a more general request, not for a specific view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!