Touringplans.com work???

I just subscribed a few months ago for my upcoming trip. I find the room reservation stuff handy and the fax, the rest.... for me I'm not convinced. Maybe I just don't know how to use it properly but it doesn't seem I can add universal days to my Disney trip - I have to start a whole other trip.

I just subscribed a few months ago for my upcoming trip. I find the room reservation stuff handy and the fax, the rest.... for me I'm not convinced. Maybe I just don't know how to use it properly but it doesn't seem I can add universal days to my Disney trip - I have to start a whole other trip.

are you paying for the Universal access as well? I know there is an additional fee if you want to get the Universal data.

To those of you who have used touringplans to fax the room request, did you get the room you wanted?
I was so surprised to see that it enables you to be so specific!

On our last trip in June 2016, we did a split stay, 3 hotels, CBR, POR, and the Contemporary. I used the room request for each hotel. CBR was not even close, a totally different building/area, but really no biggie as we were only there one night. POR was very close to what I requested, the right building, a room just around the corner from what I requested. At the Contemporary, we were in the garden wing, and I think my request was somewhat close, much better than the CBR one, but not quite as close as the POR one was.

All that to stay, I love Touring Plans and have been subscribing for many years (close to 10 I think). The room request feature is just icing on the cake of all their other features.

are you paying for the Universal access as well? I know there is an additional fee if you want to get the Universal data.

Yes, I did both, and I thought that meant it would let me make one trip plan with both in it. So far no luck. :worried:

I have to make a separate universal trip instead of just adding in a few days at universal into my Disney trip. I’m staying on Disney property the whole way through but planned a few days to do the celebration of Harry Potter :wizard:

To those of you who have used touringplans to fax the room request, did you get the room you wanted?
I was so surprised to see that it enables you to be so specific!

We used it for the first time for our trip last November. We didn't get even close to the room we wanted. LOL. Oh, well, we kept the room they gave us and it was fine.

We have subscribed to TP for each trip (3 so far) and I find it very easy to get my money's worth out of it. It is a really reasonable cost, especially considering the cost of the trip itself.

Sorry it did not work out for you. Some of the meet and greets can be added, but not all of them. You can also tell it to minimize walking and it will cut down on the criss crossing around the park.

Overall I have been happy with it. I typically put in what I want, optimize, then shuffle some things around to my liking.

I also like the wait times while in the park.

Maybe. I picked minimize walking, and it still had me going from Journey to Imagination to The Seas with Nemo to Frozen Ever After to Pixar Short Films to O Canada to exploring the rest of the Seas to the Anna and Elsa Meet.

I moved things so that those in the same pavilion were together and just hit evaluate. I fail to see how crisscrossing the park and backtracking saves time over doing things in the same pavilion. The leaving the Seas was especially head scratching.

I always use TP. I really love the ability to customize your own plans and have them check it and give you precise times, etc. But, I have a hard time finding things on the website. I usually have to google what I'm looking for! Planning to try the room request fax, though I wish I could figure out how to make a more general request, not for a specific view.

You can go more general in the "customize fax" option in the larger box. (It's best to leave the wording in the "subject" as-is since that is in "Room Assigner Speak". But in the larger box you can put your requests in priority order.

There's no way I could plan a Disney vacation without TP, even with knowing the parks as well as I do. I love that visual of planning everything out.

I’m a new subscriber. I mainly subscribed bc of the craziness of HS, Pandora, and the fact that we are going in a different time of year.

I feel stupid though-I can’t figure out where it says-go to this park on this day. I find the crowd levels, etc, but not the “go here on day x” kind of thing.

LOVE touring plans. The first thing I did when planning our trip this year was renew my subscription!

However the room request did not work for us last time. We were given a handicap accessible room on the first floor, which was definitely not what we requested. We asked to change and the CM said they were sold out, but did end up moving us because we had checked in before someone else. It may depend on how full the resort is...

I’m a new subscriber. I mainly subscribed bc of the craziness of HS, Pandora, and the fact that we are going in a different time of year.

I feel stupid though-I can’t figure out where it says-go to this park on this day. I find the crowd levels, etc, but not the “go here on day x” kind of thing.

I don’t think it does tell you what day to do what. You’re supposed to use the crowd calendars and decide from those what park what day.

However the room request did not work for us last time. We were given a handicap accessible room on the first floor, which was definitely not what we requested. We asked to change and the CM said they were sold out, but did end up moving us because we had checked in before someone else. It may depend on how full the resort is...

The fax'd room request thing is interesting... I've always just called Disney and made my request directly. They note it on my reservation. In fact, this time I actually made my room request back when I booked months ago. Then forgot, and called again a couple weeks ago and they told me it was already in there.

Of course, they'll do their best, but there's no guarantees. There was one time we didn't get the room we wanted, but we've gotten it every other time, so I've got no complaints!

I'd feel bad, though, about occupying a handicapped accessible room. What if someone else needs it?

What I've heard about the room requests isn't that TP's works any better than calling yourself, just that it's easier to push a button than pick up the phone. If I don't have to call, fantastic! You are still just putting in a request that may or may not be granted.

The fax'd room request thing is interesting... I've always just called Disney and made my request directly. They note it on my reservation. In fact, this time I actually made my room request back when I booked months ago. Then forgot, and called again a couple weeks ago and they told me it was already in there.

Of course, they'll do their best, but there's no guarantees. There was one time we didn't get the room we wanted, but we've gotten it every other time, so I've got no complaints!

I'd feel bad, though, about occupying a handicapped accessible room. What if someone else needs it?
No one needed that room, I'm sure. They would do the handicapped accessible requests first, I would think.

No one needed that room, I'm sure. They would do the handicapped accessible requests first, I would think.

I'm sure you're right! It's just I'd be constantly imagining someone rolling up to the resort in a wheelchair the day after I check in. Because their flight was cancelled, their car broke down, they're stranded, I don't know! :laughing:

I'm as speedy as possible whenever I'm stuck using the handicapped stall in the washroom, too.

What I've heard about the room requests isn't that TP's works any better than calling yourself, just that it's easier to push a button than pick up the phone. If I don't have to call, fantastic! You are still just putting in a request that may or may not be granted.

Aw, I kind of like talking to the CMs. :laughing:

Do you get any kind of confirmation your request was received?

Aw, I kind of like talking to the CMs. :laughing:

Do you get any kind of confirmation your request was received?
I am very phone averse LOL. Nothing against them. I never call anyone unless I'm forced to. And frequently, if it requires a phone call, I make my husband do it (he prefers to call).

I don't know if you get a confirmation - I'm using it for the first time on this trip. It should be sent in 4 or 5 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter