Tours in LA/Hollywood

JenLoy

Mouseketeer
We're planning on heading out west for our first-ever Disneyland Vacation. While we're there, we were thinking of doing a couple of tours (star's homes, studios, landmarks, etc.) in and around LA/Hollywood.

Is there any company in particular you would recommend? I found Starline Tours and Hollywood Tours on the web and was wondering if anyone had any experience with either of these companies? Is one better than the other? Or if there is another company that you could recommend. I appreciate any insight you might have to offer

I've done a Starline tour, but that was about 14 years ago. I'm headed out west in May, and am curious about this too.

We used Starline in 2004 to Universal and they were really good, picked us up at our Hotel (hyatt regency) and dropped us off at Universal. We were the only ones to get off as the rest of the people on the bus were going on a tour of LA. When he returned at 6pm, we had the bus to ourselves.
We have also used Coach USA, they pick you up from your hotel in a feeder bus then you board your bus at the terminal. On the way home, they drop you at your hotel.
IMO, the tour of the stars homes is a waste of time and money. We were on a little bus for 2 hours and the driver would say "on your left is the home of....." and you see a big high fence or a wall or big trees, we didn't really see many "homes", but saw lots of walls and hedges.That was in 2002 though, not sure how it is now.
Love Ella

Did a Starline two years ago. First off, the tour guide is hiiiilarious and very informational. No problems there. We went to the Hollywood area by that theater, stopped there for about half an hour (wish we had more time.) Then took a tour of the homes and stopped at the Farmer's Market for lunch. Finally stopped down in Venice Beach. Next time we will take one of their tours that drop you off in an area for like, five hours, but this was good to do once. HTH :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!