Tours of LA

disneybeachbum

Mouseketeer
Has anyone taken a good tour of LA? We took one in August that was okay but the tour driver was very unprofessional and annoying. We would like to do the basics, Hollywood, Beverly Hills etc but we would like to see the tar pits. Any information is appreciated. Also we need to be picked up in Anaheim.

Which company did you use in August? I'm thinking of taking an LA tour in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if there is one I should avoid.

The name of the tour was "Legendary Tour of LA" and the website is allanaheimtours.com. I think this is the name of the tour company but they go by different names, this tour company also uses alllatours. And when I actually paid that was to yet another name. This company claims to be the #1 tour company in LA. I cannot fault the tour itself and would have enjoyed it more with a better driver, of course that's somewhat luck of the draw. One thing I did not know till I was on the tour is that busses are not allowed in the residential section of Beverly Hills. All vehicles over 3 tons are prohibited from entering the residentail section. The busses can only travel on the main drag where all the shopping is. If you want to see movie star homes you have to take a mini-bus tour. If you have anyone questions I will be glad to help.

Is renting a car and driving around with a map out of the question? I did that with a friend a few years ago and we had a great time. Somehow we ended up right in front of the Playboy Mansion. They were having a party and had security stationed at the end of the driveway. We sweet talked the security guy into telling us what was going on and where we were. (I had two sleeping kids in the back so we didn't look too much of a threat ;) ) We also drove by a celebrity wedding at the church in Beverly Hills.

Hey, maybe I should start my own tour company.

I'm bumping up this post in hopes that someone can give some feedback on the actual Tour Company you've used in LA.

My family really wants to ride around and see LA and a tour company seems the way to go. We, too, would like to be picked up from Anaheim.

Has anyone got an opinion on this? We are total newbies... THANKS

We used Coach USA last year and it was very nice and we had a fantstic driver who knew a lot about the area and which films were filmed in different areas. He showed us around Downtown LA and then took us to Olvera Street where LA first started and we got off the coach and looked at the little stalls there which sell a lot of Mexican things. He then toured around Beverly Hills and drove us down Rodeo Drive and then stopped at the Bevery Centre before going on to Santa Monica where we had a couple of hours to look around and when he picked us up again he drove around Venice beach and showed us the gym where Arnold Swarzenegger started off.
This man was very knowledgable about the area and the commentary was continual, not just now and again. I would like to do this tour again next year if we have the time. It was called Downtown LA tour I think.
Love Ella

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter