Towel baby Couple and teddy Bear lady

Hey, the Yeti Man bought me a beer once, and when he rides EE single rider, he gives a T-shirt to whomever he rides with. May be a bit eccentric, but he's an all-around good guy in person. Same goes for The Tattoo Guy--I'd get tired answering the same questions 100 times a day (how many you have? did they hurt?), but he seems happy to do it.

I rode with the Yeti Man and got a T-Shirt! :) He was nice and talked a lot about the ride, showed me where the hidden Mickeys were on the ride. He was interesting to talk to.

Just curious - what happens if a CM DOESN'T play along with the towel? Do they get in trouble with their manager? Seriously, can you imagine your boss yelling at you for not treating a towel like a baby?

The TB lady said she does not like her picture taken, so we respected her and did not take any with her. I'm sure you all would like to see her, but it just would not have been right.

The TB lady said she does not like her picture taken, so we respected her and did not take any with her. I'm sure you all would like to see her, but it just would not have been right.

Agreed - I made certain not to include her image here. As for the bears, here they are folks (the best I could manage without being obvious). It was from a distance, just off the GF main lobby, so the image is a little "grainy."

This was taken in a very public place - as such, I don't feel that posting a photo of the bears is in bad form. However, if the Mods disagree, I'll gladly delete the photo. The bears are in some sort of cluster on top of her rolling suitcase.

bears.jpg

Has anyone yet pondered WHY they use a towel? It may very well be the towel the child died in... how sad would that be? Bizarrely I kinda understand it. I have the blanket I brought my cat (who I had had since the age of 6) into the vet with when we had to put her down. And I'll be honest I did clutch it for a few days afterward. Grief really does do some crazy things to people. Maybe she (or they) just can't let go. I mean I try to put yourself in their situation. REALLY think about it. **sniffles** Those poor people... :sad1:

I recently miscarried a very wanted baby, and honestly, I can see how easily it can make a woman snap. My heart breaks for her.

Its really amazing how insensitive some people are...and how quick they are to label people without considering other circumstances.

We were at DHS for Star Wars Weekends two different times in June. I caught a glimpse of Linda Skywalker/Stoppable/Effron the first time from afar. The next weekend, she was everywhere. She was dressed in a white gauzy Leia-ish kind of outfit and had a rolling suitcase with her with a bunch of stickers all over it. She was walking around after the characters and talking to people here and there. While I waited for my family to join me for the parade, I was in the shade of the memorabilia shop that is right near the gate the parade comes out of - there was a large group of over the top star wars fans.....and when Linda came along, they started yelling for her to join them. They were just very excited and very loud fans...booing the bad guys and cheering the good. And loudly yelling the names of the actors that were there. The actors paid alot of attention to them when they drove by, as well. They were pretty harmless from what I saw, but definitely something that would catch your eye and make you wonder. And I can see why Linda may be taken aside...she was dressed in a "costume"...but then, we saw several guests dressed in costumes while we were there. Do they over-look it a little for SWW? :confused3

who is Linda Skywalker/Stoppable/Effron does she talk kinda weird and even seem out of place for sww? i think i may have met her while in line for jedi mickey

I saw the Teddy Bear lady at GF this past week. Took a few pictures from afar. A couple sat down to talk to her. She was there for quiet a while.

Does the towel couple ever leave GF when they come to visit? Has anyone seen them in a park or do they just hang around the hotel?

I agree with other posters, my heart goes out to these people if these eccentricities are coping mechanisms that developed as a result of a traumatic experience. I personally hope they are just a little odd. In which case:thumbsup2 ~!

I met the Yeti man and rode with him on EE several times. My sister and I just thought he had crazy gloves? Who knew he was busy setting records! :confused3

As for the towel baby people, I won't believe it till I see it! Could it be the castmember equivilent of the camp counselor telling the campers ghost stories? :scratchin

Either way interesting thread.

We met Yeti-man at the Dawa bar in AK in 2006. He is a great guy. He brought the bartenders a beautiful wooden sign that said:
"For the safety of the animals, no straws are available at the Animal Kingdom." You can kind of see the sign in the pic to the left behind DH head. Of course, now AK uses paper straws so they had to take the sign down.

Here is a pic of DH and the Yeti-Man. Guess who is who...:lmao:

Agreed - I made certain not to include her image here. As for the bears, here they are folks (the best I could manage without being obvious). It was from a distance, just off the GF main lobby, so the image is a little "grainy."

This was taken in a very public place - as such, I don't feel that posting a photo of the bears is in bad form. However, if the Mods disagree, I'll gladly delete the photo. The bears are in some sort of cluster on top of her rolling suitcase.

bears.jpg

I've never heard of any of these people, but I was just there and saw this woman in the GF lobby. We went to dinner at Narcoossees and I remember seeing her again about 3 hours later and was surprised she was still there. I noticed the bears because I collect bears.

I've never heard of any of these people, but I was just there and saw this woman in the GF lobby. We went to dinner at Narcoossees and I remember seeing her again about 3 hours later and was surprised she was still there. I noticed the bears because I collect bears.

I collect bears as well! I even have a bear tattoo and got married on National American Teddy Bear Day lol

I really really hope I get to see her in April with the hubster and I go for our first trip!!

This gives me seconds thoughts about sitting in the GF looby with DDs American Girl doll while she attends the Wonderland Tea party. (I do not want her to lose her doll.)

The loss of a baby is unimaginable. And until you have experienced this you have no idea how YOU would respond....Grief is a powerful emotion. :hug:
True..and there is nothing much for the CMs to do except treat the couple with kindness and move on. CMs are not mental health professionals.

There was a lady in my city who did something similar..she had MR and she also had a little dog that she doted on. My dad was a fireman and his station was in her neighboorhood. He had told me that she had gone into the store and left the dog outside. Someone killed the dog while she was in there(beat it to death:sad1:). The neighboorhood was not a good one and there were people who used to bother her, tease her etc. The firemen did their best to look out for her but weren't able to save the dog.This was extremely devastating to her, with good reason..last time I saw her, she was carrying a baby doll instead. The cruelty in this world can take your breath away.:sad2:

I say, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else, leave them alone.

True..and there is nothing much for the CMs to do except treat the couple with kindness and move on. CMs are not mental health professionals.

There was a lady in my city who did something similar..she had MR and she also had a little dog that she doted on. My dad was a fireman and his station was in her neighboorhood. He had told me that she had gone into the store and left the dog outside. Someone killed the dog while she was in there(beat it to death:sad1:). The neighboorhood was not a good one and there were people who used to bother her, tease her etc. The firemen did their best to look out for her but weren't able to save the dog.This was extremely devastating to her, with good reason..last time I saw her, she was carrying a baby doll instead. The cruelty in this world can take your breath away.:sad2:

I say, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else, leave them alone.

I hate people. They are the worst.

We kept running into a middle aged couple who were each carrying a dirty, tattered teddy bear. They were interacting with the dressed like babies, teddy bears as if they were real babies. It did not seem to us that they were doing it to be silly, it looked like they really thought these bears were real. Whenever we saw them they would have the teddy bears up over their shoulders, or cradled in their arms.

She legally changed her last name to Skywalker, would come for all of the Star Wars Weekends (and then some) with her own homemade outift, and would constantly visit Luke and Leia. A few years ago she "divorced" Luke and started fixating on Ron Stoppable. I've heard that at that time she liked to be known as Linda Stoppable, but I don't think she legally changed her name again. Right now I've heard her new fixation is High School Musical and she wants her last name to be Effron.

She was at SWW this year when we were there. Dressed in outfit. Carrying a case with all kinds of SW stuff glued to the top and hanging off. As well as carrying around two of the expensive ($120) lightsabers. She was in Luke & Leia's line so she must be in love with Luke again. The CM's at SWW all seemed to know her and she was very chatty with them.

Wow really people how nasty can you get?
I myself had a real nice conversation with the Teddy Bear lady in the GF.
She is not nuts, a lunatic ,strange or frightening.She only comes to listen to the piano for sweet memories as her husband died last year.
She sits quite in a chair and bothers nobody in opposite to the parents that let there children scream, run amok, throw food over the floor or jump up and down the chairs in the lounge of the GF.
Last year her sister came over to this board to tell us about Lynn. She is no freak.
The real sad thing is that she knows she is the laughing stock on this board ,she told us herself, so please mods close this threat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!