Towel rentals at water parks - details?

Jcmh

Mouseketeer
I've seen several references to towel rentals at TL and BB. How does this work? Once you "rent" a towel, can you exchange it for a dry one? Or is that then a new rental charge?

We are staying at the Dolphin, and I suppose we could bring towels from there to use. I'm just trying to figure out if we can avoid having to carry heavy, wet towels back with us on the bus.

TIA!

The towels from the Dolphin are all the way back by the pool and you have to show a room key. However, there is a path that runs from the bus stop to the pool area past the restrooms. I haven't done it in awhile but I'm not sure they will give you more than two at a time but that could have been a one off thing.

I am pretty sure you can not exchange a wet one for a dry one but they tend to dry quickly so that hasn't been an issue.

I strongly recommend taking an Uber back and forth to TL or BB. The buses are not direct and from the Dolphin it is less than 10 minutes and around $10 for an Uber. Well worth the money.

I used to bring towels from my hotel. But with the bus transfer in Disney Springs from Typhoon Lagoon, there's an excuse to have a bite to eat there and stroll around. Definitely not a great time to drag around damp towels. So the $2 TL towel rentals have been totally worth it for me. Maybe harder to swallow for a big family.

WDW Resort guests have been getting complimentary towels lately; but not sure if that applies to Dolphin/Swan in this case, since it's not a published on-site benefit. I've also randomly been given towels "on the mouse" without having to show a MagicBand or room key... it seems rather inconsistent... but I'm not complaining! I would not expect to be able to exchange towels (otherwise, I could see people abusing the system by trading in dirty towels they pull out of bins. Gross.), but they've also done this for me as a courtesy when mine was too wet or sand-filled for the shower.

I was at Blizzard Beach today. The woman at the towel rental counter asked if we were staying at a Disney resort and which one, and then just asked me how many towels I needed after I told her which resort. No charge, and I didn’t have to scan my magicband or anything. There weren’t any signs though, so I wasn’t sure what to expect and the free towels were a nice surprise.

I thought I had recently read somewhere that they had stopped charging because too many people were bringing resort towels and leaving them behind. I took this as fact, but now I'm wondering.

I thought I had recently read somewhere that they had stopped charging because too many people were bringing resort towels and leaving them behind. I took this as fact, but now I'm wondering.

You are correct that Disney resort guests are no longer charged for towel rental at BB/TL. This was implemented a year or two ago (can't recall exactly when), so it's pretty recent.

You are correct that Disney resort guests are no longer charged for towel rental at BB/TL. This was implemented a year or two ago (can't recall exactly when), so it's pretty recent.

Thank you. I'm not a water park person, so I didn't notice. But this trip since we have AP with the waterparks (DVC deal), my DS and family wants to go. I'd go along to be a grandma, (meaning holding stuff and watch sleeping toddler). LOL

Thank you. I'm not a water park person, so I didn't notice. But this trip since we have AP with the waterparks (DVC deal), my DS and family wants to go. I'd go along to be a grandma, (meaning holding stuff and watch sleeping toddler). LOL

We were told by front desk at BLT, that yes, you do have to pay. So we brought towels. We asked at BB and was told no you don't have to pay. When we got back to BLT, I asked again. Yes, you do have to pay. I wrote to DVC, they called, yes you do have to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter