Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

RickFreeze

Mouseketeer
I know it is a little early but I am trying to plan for ToT 10 Miler for 2014. We are wanting to book a cruise for immediately before or after the ToT 2014. Does anyone have a guess as to when the race will be in 2014.
The wife and I have list 135 lbs and 160 lbs respectively since December 2011 and want to run a race in WDW. A 5k on Castaway Cay in 3 weeks will be my first 5k and the wife's 3rd. We have 2 more races scheduled for this summer and will be training for the ToT over the next year. The wife wants to do a 1/2 next year, but I think my limit will be the ToT... Any news or educated quess would be appreciated.

Rick:yay:

Last year it was at the end of September,this year it's at the beginning of October so you would assume somewhere in that range.Last year everyone said it was very hot so apparently they pushed it back a week hoping some crazy cool front comes by in early October or at least it's not 88 at the race starting time.I wouldn't think they would push it back any more as it would get too close to the Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon.If Disney got smart and pushed the Food and Wine festival until right before Thanksgiving then maybe they could have the Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon around Nov.20th and they could push back the ToT 10 miler to mid October,that's all me wishing for a longer F&W festival.

I agree with DOOM101. If all goes well for 2013, I would expect them to keep it the first weekend in October in 2014 because of the Wine and Dine half dates.

Congrats on the weight loss!

I have no connection with runDisney but would bet a part of my mortgage on the first weekend of October in the foreseeable future. It's so much cooler in October that September.

cewait said:
I have no connection with runDisney but would bet a part of my mortgage on the first weekend of October in the foreseeable future. It's so much cooler in October that September.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say it is significantly cooler in October but it has more potential to be cooler in October. This past year the first weekend in October it was in the 90's and very high humidity. The year before it was beautiful weather, mid-60's if I remember correctly and even low humidity. Some years we have hurricanes coming through (it is right smack in the middle if hurricane season). You never know what you will get in October in Florida!
Now, September you are almost guaranteed one thing- very hot!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My :rotfl2: icon did not take when I posted. A week does little to change the temps.

How was your Castaway 5K???

Congrats on the weight loss for you and your wife, by the way! DH and I know how hard that is!

How was your Castaway 5K???

Congrats on the weight loss for you and your wife, by the way! DH and I know how hard that is!

CC5k was ok. Being from Iowa and not being able to run outside to train, it was a little rough running in the heat (even the heat of March at CC). Yesterday I finished my 5th 5k race this year. Planning on doing a 10k by the end of the year. Need to ramp up my distance if I plan on finishing the ToT next year. Will do a couple 10k races next year and train for the ToT next summer. Will be putting lots of miles in between now and next October.

So did you book your trip already? We are trying to determine as well when to book for ToT 10 M for 2014.

Does anyone know when dates are released for races after the Princess in 2014?

I know it is a little early but I am trying to plan for ToT 10 Miler for 2014. We are wanting to book a cruise for immediately before or after the ToT 2014. Does anyone have a guess as to when the race will be in 2014.
The wife and I have list 135 lbs and 160 lbs respectively since December 2011 and want to run a race in WDW. A 5k on Castaway Cay in 3 weeks will be my first 5k and the wife's 3rd. We have 2 more races scheduled for this summer and will be training for the ToT over the next year. The wife wants to do a 1/2 next year, but I think my limit will be the ToT... Any news or educated quess would be appreciated.

Having done last years TOT it was very hot. Being a floridian I managed ok but alot of participants were dropping like flies with the heat at 88* at 10pm.
I agree with Coach one or two weeks change may not make much difference in temps. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. :)

Well the above information is not accurate any more. This summer, since my 5k at Castaway Cay, I have ran 9-5k races. The wife is running a 1/2 in 2 weeks, the Des Moines Marathon 1/2. We have lost a total of 310 lbs between the two of us. She runs 9 miles every week for her long run, I think she is nuts... I'm sticking to 3-5 miles per run.
If the guesses of Oct 4-5 turn out to be correct, then our cruise and trip to WDW will go off iwthout a hitch. Counting down the days till I get to run at Disney.

Active link is showing Thursday, October 2, 2014 - Sunday, October 5, 2014. It is still early and the dates can always change.

Active link is showing Thursday, October 2, 2014 - Sunday, October 5, 2014. It is still early and the dates can always change.

Well if this is correct Oct 2-4 for the Expo and Oct 4 10PM till Oct 5 4AM for race and after party, my master plan will work out great.
I really didn't want to change cruises and miss out on the Castaway Cay :beach: Double Dip. Sound marvelous for late September.
see you all on the road next year. :cool1:

so happy to have found this, and congrats on the weight loss, OP! We too are planning our sept/oct trip and this will push the scales to an october date. Hope they don't change the dates!

Gotta do a lot of summer heat work to get ready :beach:

At this point in time, plan on the first weekend of October. I would expect a few conversations are occurring at upper levels along the lines of pushing one more week off from summer. The likelihood of a date change is rather remote at this time.

The problem with pushing it is bumping into Columbus Day, which is busy enough without the need for a race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter