Tower or Terror or Rock n' Roller Coaster Marathon 2020

meye1099

Earning My Ears
Hey, everyone! Running my first Disney race ever at the 2020 full marathon and I am psyched! I'm especially excited about the idea of riding rides during a marathon.

I'm finding a lot of information about riding Expedition Everest during the race, and I'm wondering about people's experiences riding the Tower of Terror or the Rock n' Roller Coaster or any other rides during the full marathon.

In addition, how long were the wait times for you in Hollywood Studios and/or Epcot, where the park likely had been open for a bit when runners start arriving? Are you able to use the Fast Pass line on Tower of Terror, or does that only work for runners on rides with single rider lines?

It’s doable and many have done it.

Single rider is an option but not always available. It also depends on the CM on whether or not they will allow you to use the FP line. Also make sure you have enough time built in to do these attractions.

It’s doable and many have done it.

Single rider is an option but not always available. It also depends on the CM on whether or not they will allow you to use the FP line. Also make sure you have enough time built in to do these attractions.

Thanks for your response. I know that it is doable and that I should allot myself enough time. That is why I am curious about people's experiences with wait times.

Thanks for your response. I know that it is doable and that I should allot myself enough time. That is why I am curious about people's experiences with wait times.
It varies and depends on when you get to DHS. Some get there at 9-10AM and some get there at 11-12. The later you get there the higher the waits most likely.

@DopeyBadger put together a fantastic spreadsheet that gives approximate times someone will arrive at certain spots on the course (like entering HS) based upon their starting coral and their anticipated pace. He re-posted it a month or two ago during a discussion of riding EE. For example, if I start in coral E and run a 14:00 minute/mile pace, then I will arrive at EE at xx:xx O'clock. Once the marathon course is officially posted I'm sure he will make any necessary updates and repost.

There has also been some contradictory experiences from dis runners regarding using fast passes during the race. Because you will not be "checked-in" into the park the FP may either not work, or you may have an issue entering the park later in the day. And that assumes you either have an AP, or a ticket / hopper, to get you in later in the day. Others have reported no problems at all.

@DopeyBadger put together a fantastic spreadsheet that gives approximate times someone will arrive at certain spots on the course (like entering HS) based upon their starting coral and their anticipated pace. He re-posted it a month or two ago during a discussion of riding EE. For example, if I start in coral E and run a 14:00 minute/mile pace, then I will arrive at EE at xx:xx O'clock. Once the marathon course is officially posted I'm sure he will make any necessary updates and repost.

There has also been some contradictory experiences from dis runners regarding using fast passes during the race. Because you will not be "checked-in" into the park the FP may either not work, or you may have an issue entering the park later in the day. And that assumes you either have an AP, or a ticket / hopper, to get you in later in the day. Others have reported no problems at all.

I believe at least in 2018 that DHS at Extra Magic Morning hours starting at 8am. Which means even starting in Corral A you'd need to be on sub-2:50 pace to hit DHS before it opened. So nearly everyone is going to hit DHS when TOT and RnR is up and running.

Hey, everyone! Running my first Disney race ever at the 2020 full marathon and I am psyched! I'm especially excited about the idea of riding rides during a marathon.

I'm finding a lot of information about riding Expedition Everest during the race, and I'm wondering about people's experiences riding the Tower of Terror or the Rock n' Roller Coaster or any other rides during the full marathon.

In addition, how long were the wait times for you in Hollywood Studios and/or Epcot, where the park likely had been open for a bit when runners start arriving? Are you able to use the Fast Pass line on Tower of Terror, or does that only work for runners on rides with single rider lines?

I ride both every time I run the full, and it takes about 30-45 minutes to get both of them in. You can't use a FastPass for either ride. If you want to get to the front of the line quickly, you need to ask the people already in line very politely if they mind if you cut in front of them, and be prepared to stop where you are if someone says yes, they do mind.

As a back of the pack runner, I need to improve my speed substantially to ever go on a ride during the marathon. And that may never happen. But I still had a great time during the marathon without going on a ride. I'm sure I would love it if I could, but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.

I'm looking forward to riding ride(s) during the Marathon in January, however, I'm a little self-conscious about sweating all over the ride seat and sides that it's going to totally ruin the experience for the unfortunate soul that follows me. To those of you who have done this before, do you bring mounds of paper towels with you on the ride?

Wasn't necessary when I have done it because the cold kept me from being sweaty.

I did Tower of Terror one year! I was running with someone who had to drop out at mile 20, and cutting it a bit close. The fastpass CM waived me through, and I also asked some people in line if I could scoot up since I was running the marathon. I swear they looked at me like they had no idea what I was talking about. Seriously. They seem to have reached that ride without comprehending the mass of people running down the street. Pretty funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter