TOWL how many people can we bring?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We have 2 poly studios booked in July for travel with 7 people - my family of 5 and my in laws. We'd love to be able to take them up to TOWL but was wondering because they technically have their own separate reservation with my points - could we take them up to the lounge? Do you think we would run into any problems of them not allowing them in?

You should be able to bring them. It is all your points. That would even qualify for MM.

Highlights

It’s an ideal place to savor light bites and refreshing cocktails—and unforgettable views.
Access to this lounge—one of the vacation kingdom’s most unique spaces—is reserved for Members and their guests who are staying on that Member's reservation.

Accessing the Lounge

This special access to Top of the World Lounge is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity.
As the lounge is most popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will offer Members the best chance of gaining admission to this exclusive experience.
Available to Eligible Members
Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to this exclusive space just outside Magic Kingdom park.
Check in
Upon arrival, Members must check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the ground floor lobby.
At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current MagicBand or card in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership.

Important Details

View details about parking, blockout dates, operating hours and more.
Parking
Parking is only available to those staying at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort or Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation.
Parking will also be available for Guests renting the Top of the World Lounge for the duration of the event.
Hours
Current operating hours are 6:00 PM to midnight. Hours are subject to change.
Blockout dates
This benefit is offered into 2019, but these blockout dates apply:
  • July 3: Available only to Members staying at Bay Lake Tower
  • July 4: Closed for Private Member Event
  • December 30: Available only to Members staying at Bay Lake Tower
  • December 31: Closed for Private Member Event
Blockout dates are subject to change.

If your inlaws are not staying on YOUR reservation, they might not be permitted up to the lounge. You probably have two reservations, one for one studio and another for the second studio.

If your inlaws are not staying on YOUR reservation, they might not be permitted up to the lounge. You probably have two reservations, one for one studio and another for the second studio.

See, when I read that, I interpret that to mean a reservation booked by the member, not necessarily the same room. We had three rooms at BLT a few years back, and it was no issue, even when my KTTW Cards were checked.

I guess if i were to change the lead name on their reservation to my husband (also a member) then that would cover us in that case.

See, when I read that, I interpret that to mean a reservation booked by the member, not necessarily the same room. We had three rooms at BLT a few years back, and it was no issue, even when my KTTW Cards were checked.
It says reservation, not reservations. But most of the time it doesn't matter.

I asked this very question as we're travelling with friends in August and have 2 x 1 bedroom booked, I couldn't get a definitive answer from them, they just kept quoting the official line.

As far as I'm concerned we're travelling together as one party, so I'll be attempting to take them up there and arguing the point if denied, the only reason we've not gone for a GV is because of the sleeping arrangements and giving teenagers their own private space.

KTTW cards!!?! That WAS a "few years back". haha

We took extended family up there with us in December. They were staying in a separate unit reserved on our points. No one ever questioned us about any of the room arrangements. DH just showed his blue card and we all entered together. Unless you are trying to bring a herd of people in it shouldn’t be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts