Towneplace Suites by Marriott Flamingo Crossings Review

pepperandchips

[melinda]
We stayed at the Towneplace Suites by Marriott Flaming Crossings in early October. This was a school holiday for many school systems near us in Atlanta, so I was delighted to find a rate of $66.99 per night, including taxes on lmtclub.com. More on that at the end of the post if you are interested in that site.

Flamingo Crossings is located just outside of the "Purple Signs" at Western Way and toll road Route 429. It's relatively near Coronado Springs Resort. The property and amenities of Towneplace are shared with the adjoining Springhill Suites. We were able to check in with a room ready at 1:30 pm on a Thursday. There are luggage carts available for guest use, and we later discovered an exterior door leading to the parking lot that was closer to our room than was the front door. Our booking was for a "standard suite" which was a king studio. We are a party of two, so while the room comes equipped with a sofa bed, we did not pull it out to test it. This property also has some pet friendly rooms. We did not notice many pets other than some of these rooms were located on our hall and had door hangers indicating a pet was inside. We never heard barking or other animal noises.

Before I get to photos, I will mention that I did not photograph the bathroom (single sink vanity, but with lots of drawers and a shower/tub combo) or the closet. The closet was well designed and could be accessed either from the kitchenette or the bathroom. We loved that feature and had plenty of room to store bags in there, but there was a bit of an unusual hanging rack for clothes. Maybe tripadvisor has better photos if you are curious. We did prepare and eat food in the room and found the kitchenette adequate for that. Housekeeping service was excellent and the room was spotless.

I am posting large thumbnail size images, they should link to a full size image if you click:

Above: Standing in the kitchen at the entry to the "bedroom" (there is no door here, it is a studio)

Above: View from the bed

The bed, bedding, and pillows were very comfortable.

Above: standing between bed and bathroom

Above: Standing next to the desk looking toward the door

Kitchenette, equipped with microwave, dishwasher, hot plate stove top, apartment sized refrigerator, toaster, coffee maker, plates, cups, silverware, wine key, some pots/pans/cooking implements

I always like to bring our own coffee - this coffeemaker takes standard basket style filters. Coffee is also provided in the room but we like our brand.

Above: provided coffee amenities - there was also sweetener but we dislike powdered creamer so I took note of the mini half & halfs

Good journalism for persons with thick/long hair

Above: the pool bar and only on-site restaurant, Flamingo's. There is indoor seating as well. We did not order any food but it looked good.

Flamingo's drink prices were fair, service was excellent. Bartender was overwhelmed when we were ready to settle up but the drinks were great. These are two "Mojito Haven" specials and the "Pink Flamingo Martini" special - each $10. Other more standard mixed drinks were in the $8 range. There is no poolside service, or there was not when we were there.

Large U-shaped pool is shared between the two hotels. There is a sloped zero-entry into the shallow area as well as ADA lifts. There were also what appeared to be hot tubs available, though we did not investigate. I am not sure about children's wading pool.

Late afternoon Thursday, almost no one at the pool but us (5:40 pm) and a lap swimmer. Even when the pool was busier on Saturday there were always chairs available. Pool towels are provided.

Breakfast is included in the nightly rate and was very busy the only day I went. There is a make your own Mickey waffle station, with two full size Mickey waffle irons and one mini Mickey waffle iron that makes four waffles at one time. This did not taste like Disney waffles. Also available were muffins, hot and cold cereal, eggs, another hot dish or two, fruit, coffee, juice etc. We made and ate bagels in our room most mornings.

The footprint of the king studio room is small but every inch of space is well used. The reviews I'd read ahead of time were critical of the tv being mounted on a wall - it was not on a swivel so that was a little awkward but it was not a problem for us. It was a smart tv and we connected our netflix with no problem. No Stacey Disney Resort TV channel.

We were not at all burdened with the drive to the parks but the shuttle service offered was not complimentary and looked very inconvenient so I would not recommend this hotel for anyone without a car.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again. It was clean, convenient, and a tremendous value for the rate.

Some notes on our booking... LMT purports to charge a membership fee. I signed up several years ago using a promo code I'd found somewhere on the web and have never been prompted to pay or asked for a credit card for renewal of the membership. I always check this sites for crazy low deals like this one. When I found this rate it was "unconfirmed" or something similar on LMTClub.com, but let me click through to pay and the site noted I would later receive a confirmation if the hotel was able to accept our booking. About 2-3 days after booking I logged back into my account and the booking had confirmed, though I never received an email update.

A few weeks or a month later, my mother decided to join us, and I went through the same procedure as noted above. Within 2-3 days, her booking was also confirmed. Her rate including tax was $106.33. There are no parking or resort fees at this hotel.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have!

:wave2: Melinda

Last edited:
Thanks Melinda I appreciate your time and wow what great reporting with all the detailed pics. About how long in advance did you make your ressy's?

@thumper* No problem, Glenda, so glad to help!

We booked our room at that cheapo $67 price 28 days prior to check in. Got my mom's rate ($106) less than a week before - I think 6 days. I checked the same sites for a friend going in January and couldn't find anything close to these rates right now. But... so many great WDW area accomodations available you could probably wait and find something awesome!

We needed to add 1 night due to weather, I booked this hotel based on DISBoards. So thankful for boards. Excellent accommodations, very friendly staff, convenient location. Will Definitely stay again if need to add to DVC stay.

Thank you very much for this review and info! Was able to book this for $77/night fully refundable in April thru LMT. Cheapest I had found before this was for $95 doing a HotWire blind deal that is non-refundable. I was able to use a promo code to sign up for LMTClub for free after reading your experience.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you very much for this review and info! Was able to book this for $77/night fully refundable in April thru LMT. Cheapest I had found before this was for $95 doing a HotWire blind deal that is non-refundable. I was able to use a promo code to sign up for LMTClub for free after reading your experience.

Thank you thank you thank you!

So glad it helped!!!

Thanks for the review, gives me even more confidence in my plan to stay here before an upcoming trip!

Ever come across an other free membership for LMT?

Thanks for the review, gives me even more confidence in my plan to stay here before an upcoming trip!

Ever come across an other free membership for LMT?

Great, I hope you enjoy your stay!

They’ve never prompted me to renew my lmt membership (it’s just worked continuously for years) so I haven’t had to look in a while but I just googled “last minute travel club free membership promo code” and got quite a few hits. Try “MONEYSAVER” “TURKEYSENTME” or “4JULYFREE”. I’m sure all of those are referral codes but none of them benefit me so I hope posting them here is allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!