Toy Story 3

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
Appearing on jam today:

Tom Hanks told Jam! that voicing Woody the cowboy doll is one of his favorite assignments. "Though I haven't heard of any yet, if there are plans for a Toy Story 3, I'd be more than willing to talk to the folks at Pixar and Disney about being part of it." This comment comes only weeks after Tim Allen expressed his hopes to see a second sequel get made.

Toy Story 2 was a great movie, and if they did a Toy Story 3, it would be so great!

Sequals are such a tricky thing. In order for them to work, they either have to rekindle the same magic as the first with an equally powerful story. Or, have such strong and interesting characters that they can become "the many adventures of" causing viewers to want to see more and more of what these characters are doing.

Toy Story II succeeded on both of these measures. MIB II did neither, what a waste of film.

The strength of the first two stories (Buzz finding himself followed by Woody finding himself) was bolstered by the zany antics of all of the other well-written characters. It worked, and it worked well.

If we are to venture into a third chapter, I would hope that the central story would be just as strong. The two primary characters have had movies made about them. Is Jessie a stong enough focus to be the next? One thing is for sure, a well written "many adventures of" could still work, but I'd hate to lose a great story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter