• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story back in theaters?

KEMdisney

DIS Veteran
Someone at work told me today that Toy Story was coming back to theaters but in 3D. She was shocked that me, being the Disney fan at work, didn't hear of this? Is this old news that I somehow missed? ANyone know more details?

Toy Story 3 is an upcoming computer-animated 3-D film being produced by Pixar Animation Studios, slated for release on June 18, 2010. It is a sequel to the films Toy Story and Toy Story 2. Lee Unkrich, who edited the previous films, and co-directed the second, takes over as director. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen have been confirmed to return to the cast.

it is old news actually. the new news is that there will be a limited release 'double feature' of both parts 1 & 2. initially toy story 2 was going to be re-released on february 12, 2010.

february 12, 2010 is now the day they're re-releasing beauty & the beast in 3d.

Yes, I have heard this!

Toy Story 1 and 2 will be re-released in 3D before the premiere of Toy Story 3 (3D).

But Beauty and the Beast, really? I'll have to see that! It's my favorite of the Princess movies.

From Wikipedia:

Theatrical release and 3-D re-release
Prior to the film's release, executive producer Steve Jobs stated "If Toy Story is a modest hit—say $75 million at the box office—we'll [Pixar and Disney] both break even. If it gets $100 million, we'll both make money. But if it's a real blockbuster and earns $200 million or so at the box office, we'll make good money, and Disney will make a lot of money."[22] Disney chairman Michael Eisner stated "I don't think either side thought Toy Story would turn out as well as it has. The technology is brilliant, the casting is inspired, and I think the story will touch a nerve. Believe me, when we first agreed to work together, we never thought their first movie would be our 1995 holiday feature, or that they could go public on the strength of it."[22] Marketing for the film includes $20 million spent by Disney for advertising as well as advertisers such as Burger King, Pepsico, Coca-Cola, and Payless ShoeSource paying $125 million in tied promotions for the film.[25] A marketing consultant reflected on the promotion: "This will be a killer deal. How can a kid, sitting through a one-and-a-half-hour movie with an army of recognizable toy characters, not want to own one?"[26]

Toy Story premiered on November 19, 1995 in Hollywood, California. For its theater run, it was released on November 22, 1995 at the beginning of a 5-day Thanksgiving weekend. The film opened in 2,281 theaters (before later expanding to 2,574 theaters). The film remained in theaters for 37 weeks.[27] The film was also shown at the Berlin Film Festival out of competition from February 15 to 26, 1996.[28]

On October 2, 2009 the film will be re-released in Disney Digital 3-D.[29] The film will be released with Toy Story 2 as a double feature for a two-week run.[30] In addition, the film's second sequel, Toy Story 3, will also be released in the 3-D format.[29] Lasseter commented on the new 3-D re-release: "The Toy Story films and characters will always hold a very special place in our hearts and we're so excited to be bringing this landmark film back for audiences to enjoy in a whole new way thanks to the latest in 3-D technology. With Toy Story 3 shaping up to be another great adventure for Buzz, Woody and the gang from Andy's room, we thought it would be great to let audiences experience the first two films all over again and in a brand new way."[31]

it is old news actually. the new news is that there will be a limited release 'double feature' of both parts 1 & 2. initially toy story 2 was going to be re-released on february 12, 2010.

february 12, 2010 is now the day they're re-releasing beauty & the beast in 3d.

Thanks so much for the infor bradk!! I hadn't heard this yet about Beauty and the Beast. It is my favorite Disney princess movie. As soon as I read your post I sent my sister a text that on February 12, 2010 we are going to see it. With in a couple of minutes she sent me one back saying "h-e- double hockey sticks yeah we are!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter