Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

I have no issue with them requiring all attendees be AP holders. Its an AP only event. Just like Pandora was.

I agree. My opinion is that if the invited AP holders could bring guests that don't have AP's then other AP holders would be excluded. Only my daughter and I have AP's so my husband & son will not be going if we get the invite. I'm ok with that. Isn't this supposed to be an AP perk?

I'd like to attend this - I bought my first AP this year in February by upgrading my 3 day park hopper pass at MK guest services. Its just me and hubby and we plan to buy a 3 day park hopper for him for our next trip and then upgrade it onsite - same deal. Now we need to rethink that plan since we'll both want to be able to do the TSL event.

I agree. My opinion is that if the invited AP holders could bring guests that don't have AP's then other AP holders would be excluded. Only my daughter and I have AP's so my husband & son will not be going if we get the invite. I'm ok with that. Isn't this supposed to be an AP perk?
Yep. Sometimes that's just the way it goes. Not everything is for everyone. I think that's why I'm ok with it too. AP holders don't get many AP only perks that are really worthwhile. Sure magnets here, AP only lines there but neither of those are truly significant benefits. An AP only park event is quite nice really. I hope we can swing the trip, sure hope the announce the details sooner rather than later.

It is not easy if everyone in the family isn't a passholder, that's for sure. This is a time that it does come back to bite those that opt to buy just 1 pass so the whole family gains the benefits of being a passholder.

Honestly, it doesnt seem fair to me that I can't bring another guest who isnt an AP. I get that they would have to have a valid ticket but another AP? Im the only one in my family with an AP so that will count me out from going in September now when I fully would have gone down just for the preview to bring my Mom

I can understand why it would be annoying if you're on the only AP. But for an AP event it only makes sense.

Emh wouldn't make sense if they allowed every on site guest to bring an off site guest

Oh I know. Seems like they would have reason to bring it back with the new land opening.

May not give them very good data, though. Just my own speculation, but I don't think TSL would be a major EMM draw after the first couple months of it being open (and they'll have EMH every single day through August already). Galaxy's Edge, on the other hand, will be a huge EMM draw especially among people who would otherwise skip TSL or even DHS altogether.

I have an AP and reservation for the last week of September but didn’t get an email (I don’t get many emails from Disney though.)

Wondering if the date of the reservation matters- it may be a clue to the actual date possibly?

I have an AP and reservation for the last week of September but didn’t get an email. Wondering if the date of the reservation matters- it may be a clue to the actual date possibly?
I don’t think so, as our friends who are going at the same time as us got the email, but I didn’t...

I have an AP and reservation for the last week of September but didn’t get an email (I don’t get many emails from Disney though.)

Wondering if the date of the reservation matters- it may be a clue to the actual date possibly?
Nope. We have no reservation at all and got the email

Folks, there is no conspiracy or mystery clue here
They simply have a piss poor database system and they don't adequately capture the email addresses of all AP holders. It really is nothing more complicated than that

Do you all get Mickey Monitors in the mail? Renewal notices? Magnets? We don't. Even the 3 different AP holders that live here. This is no different

Folks, there is no conspiracy or mystery clue here
They simply have a piss poor database system and they don't adequately capture the email addresses of all AP holders. It really is nothing more complicated than that

Do you all get Mickey Monitors in the mail? Renewal notices? Magnets? We don't. Even the 3 different AP holders that live here. This is no different
I receive mailed Mickey Monitors (only after a number of requests to get them actually sent), as well as renewal reminders. However, I've never received any emails about special events and offers for Passholders. Several attempts by CMs to rectify the problem have been fruitless.

I receive mailed Mickey Monitors (only after a number of requests to get them actually sent), as well as renewal reminders. However, I've never received any emails about special events and offers for Passholders. Several attempts by CMs to rectify the problem have been fruitless.
Yeah, it's a mixture of results here too. DH and DGD get Monitors, I don't. DGD got a renewal notice, no one else did. DH was the first to get the emails and suddenly I started getting them too.

I think people are overthinking the email. It was simply a summer passholder email w several announcements - not unlike any of the other ones we get. ONE of the announcements was about the special toy story event. They also mentioned the magnets change of location, silver/weekday blackout change, and bring a friend promo. It was not an invitation nor was it directed at certain passholders. I get those announcement emails periodically and it was the same format/title as previous ones.

I didn't realize so many never receive these basic announcement emails. What a bummer! It's frustrating their email system has issues :/

That makes sense. I just read upthread that people could have a guest but they must have an AP. So that's not a guest, just another eligible attendee. It will probably be the same this time, but maybe since it will have been open for several months they will allow a guest.

Went back and no mention of guests in the email:

Passholder Play Time*
Get ready to play big! Select Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders, experience exclusive access to Toy Story Landat Disney's Hollywood Studios® on select dates and times this September.
*This event will have limited capacity and registration will be required. Invitations will be sent to select Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders via email this summer for Passholder Play Time. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.

Actually the email made no mention of guests at all. I have the email. Where it mentions a guest is through the WDW web site.
And not sure if anyone else experienced this, But as soon as I got the email I clicked on it and went right to the site. and I did not see the section regarding the guest needing an AP too. It simply stated “and guest”! Then shortly after, when I went back to it, I got the infamous Stitch. Closed the page and reloaded it. Then it had the section about the guest needing an AP too. I think it was added shortly after they sent the email. But I have no proof, so call me crazy! Haha!

The email gives virtually no information, but provides a link to click through where it does say it.

So it won’t let me copy the text from the passholder website but it clearly says if you want to register a guest to attend with you they must also have an eligible AP to attend. I assume the reason for allowing you to register them too is just so you can make sure you have a friend/family member to join you since these things fill up quickly and presumably people would prefer to go with someone.

If you are a family of 4 with APs for all, both parents can sign up and each sign up a child to go with. Maybe that is their reasoning? What happens if they have more kids? Will they allow AP kids to sign up as themselves?

We have 6 in our family though so it's odd that it says guest. Does that mean that only 2 of us will be able to go?

Also, I finally got the email.... on Saturday. I will be watching here and Facebook for the registration since I'm sure I would get the email after it was sold out.

We did the Pandora preview. DS2 email came first so he jumped in and booked himself, DS2 and I. So he was able to get his plus 2. I honestly don't think they would split up a family of all AP holders. I'm hoping it's the same way this time.

Honestly, it doesnt seem fair to me that I can't bring another guest who isnt an AP. I get that they would have to have a valid ticket but another AP? Im the only one in my family with an AP so that will count me out from going in September now when I fully would have gone down just for the preview to bring my Mom

It would be totally UNFAIR if a non-AP holder was able to take up a space in an AP event. It's an AP perk. When we went to the event we had a friend with us without an AP, and she sat on the deck at Nomad Lounge, relaxed with a drink & appetizer, waiting for us to finish.

Last edited:
I agree that the whole guest issue is because of how quickly these events tend to book up. At least with being able to reserve two spots at the same time (as opposed to each AP booking separately) you are guaranteed that if you get in you will have someone to go to the event with. Otherwise, I could see a lot of people getting one person booked, and then the event being sold out when they go to book the next person. I can also understand why they are limiting it to a plus one, as opposed to allowing you to book as many AP's as you have in your MDE account, although I will feel bad for the family of, say, six who manages to book four out of the six before it's sold out.

As far as the email thing goes, I get about 50% of the emails they send out, which is more than puzzling. It makes more sense to get all, or get none, than it does to get some of them. But Disney's IT is not known for consistency or reliability.

I think people are overthinking the email. It was simply a summer passholder email w several announcements - not unlike any of the other ones we get. :/

Not overthinking it at all. I am just taking this as a sign of things to come. If I didn't get this email (or any others - ever) than what is my chance of getting the invite email. It is very frustrating.

Sincere questions here.

Would you (general) feel less neglected by Disney if every Gold and above annual passholder had received the email? I understand the frustration and hard feelings of not getting notified of upcoming events, especially when you are part of the group who should be included.

If yes to the above question, would you (general) have an issue with the follow up invitation going to a select number of those who got the original email? If this is what Disney decides to do (even after this no mass email situation) based on their own wording of "select", it would remind me of what Tickemaster is doing with verified sales—not everyone gets the code, and even if you do, it does not guarantee a ticket based on volume. I’m not saying either way is right or wrong.

I hope everyone who has a qualifying AP gets the opportunity to participate in trying to reserve a spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter