Toy Story Land FP question

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by erikawolf2004, Dec 31, 2017.

1. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I definitely think they will adjust the tiers when SWGE opens to be like AK and the Star Wars attractions will be Tier 1 and the rest Tier 2 ... so the question is do they adjust things for the next year or so for Toy Story so that just those are Tier 1 and then adjust again or just slot in the Slinky Dog as Tier 1 and Saucer Ride as Tier 2 and largely leave the rest as is

2. nkosiek

nkosiek DIS Veteran

Be careful taking teh 2.5 year old on the Barnstormer. Mine was big enough and all jazzed up to do so, but it goes quick out of the station for little people and he refused to ride it again and didn't care for it at all.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. marcar12

marcar12 Mouseketeer

We took our then-2.5-year-old on it 6 years ago and she loved it. It was her favorite ride and we rode it 3 times in one day :) I am hoping that our littlest one (who will be 2.5 on our next trip) will be just as into it. She is a daredevil... but we will see!

5. nkosiek

nkosiek DIS Veteran

Mine got shaken a lot on the ride. He's tall enough but tiny. That said, he's a jumper, diver, runner, climber, give dad grey-hair most days kid, so I was really hopeful.

6. marcar12

marcar12 Mouseketeer

It's true... I definitely can't be sure how she will react until we are there. Fingers crossed!

7. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

yeah, my son was all excited for it and all smiles on the lift his and then as soon as we crested the hill through the end of the ride is was just pure terror on his face

i actually think Mine Train is a better "first" coaster as it is smoother

8. Princess_Lisa

Princess_Lisa DIS Veteran

This is why I'm thinking for my birthday trip in August:

Day 1 -- Magic Kingdom (Frontier, Adventure, Liberty)
    Day 2 -- Epcot
    Day 3 -- Magic Kingdom (Fantasy, Tomorrow, Main Street)
    Day 4 -- Animal Kingdom
    Day 5 -- MGM Studios

Fingers crossed, I will be able to get Slinky Dog Dash at 60+4 and Avatar at 60+3.

9. Upatnoon

Upatnoon DIS Veteran

I wonder if it is possible to make entering SW land the fast pass instead of the individual rides. Because of the immense popularity of just entering that park, it would help control the crowds.

10. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

If it is like the opening for Pandora they will hold people when the land gets full but if you have a FP for one of the rides you can skip the line to get it when it gets close to your FP window

11. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Depends on how fast it is. That hill on the left is fairly high and the curve is steep. I can’t wait to see it run on the track. I can’t resist that face!

rteetz likes this.
  12. Princess_Lisa

Princess_Lisa DIS Veteran

So, maybe March sometime for notification of Passholder Preview???

13. Aron1012

Aron1012 Mouseketeer

Pure speculation here too: I think they will likely leave Fantasmic as a tier 1 to help promote the dining packages as an alternative to wasting Tier 1 FP on guaranteed seat. And even though Alien Saucer (going with AS for the PG abbrev) isn't the greatest ride similar to NRJ I don't see them inserting it at Tier 2. I think they are very likely to drop BBL down to Tier 2. Then I think they will consider dropping either TSMM or RnR down to Tier 2.

So my guess is SDD, AS, TSMM, and F! as Tier 1. Will be very interesting to see what it turns out to be!

14. jknezek

jknezek DIS Veteran

I think the 3 TSL rides will be Tier 1. That will give them the most control over the number of people in the land until the herd starts to thin a bit. If you make one Tier 2, then you are looking at a lot more people that "have to be" in the land all the time. It just makes more sense to have it as Tier 1 until the shiny starts to wear off.

15. MamaBelle4

MamaBelle4 DIS Veteran

Ah pickles. We will be there 5/5.

16. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I can see them having this be the case for the first year or so until Star Wars:GE opens - and then I figure they will do like what they did in AK where those two rides will be Tier 1 and the rest of the park is Tier 2

17. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Soft openings are possible though.

Yassdvclb and MamaBelle4 like this.
  18. MamaBelle4

MamaBelle4 DIS Veteran

I'll have to keep my fingers and toes crossed!

19. bcinohio

bcinohio DIS Veteran

Just wondering if anyone heard if the Slinky Dog ride in DHS will have a FP and if it will be a tier 1 ride? If it is I wonder if one of the other tier 1 rides will drop to a tier 2 like maybe RNRC. I don't thin Toy Story Mania will drop down. We are not going until Oct but was just wondering.

20. CAS239

CAS239 Disney Vet Squad ∞

There's been talk of this in the Toy Story thread

No one knows yet

Talk of no tiers at HS, talk of all 3 Toy Story rides being tier 1 and everything else tier 2, talk of the two rides joining tier 1.

I personally think they should do away with all tiers at HS. I don't think everyone will just do all 3 Toy story fps as their top 3. There will still be plenty going for RnR and ToT. But we'll have to wait and see

Booker110, Cait, DizDaD7 and 6 others like this.
  21. Krandor

Krandor Mouseketeer

Honestly there are. It enough rides at hs to justify tiers. If you put all ts as tier 1 everybody would be fighting over the same 2nd abd 3rd passes