Toy Story Land FP question

There's been talk of this in the Toy Story thread

No one knows yet

Talk of no tiers at HS, talk of all 3 Toy Story rides being tier 1 and everything else tier 2, talk of the two rides joining tier 1.

I personally think they should do away with all tiers at HS. I don't think everyone will just do all 3 Toy story fps as their top 3. There will still be plenty going for RnR and ToT. But we'll have to wait and see

RnR and ToT are experiences. Slinky dog looks like a normal coaster. Mine train is an experience also

I think slinky dog should be tier 2 if anything

RnR and ToT are experiences. Slinky dog looks like a normal coaster. Mine train is an experience also

I think slinky dog should be tier 2 if anything
I know I’m the only one who has this view but slinky dog is my most anticipated anticipation of everything to the park. Galaxy’s Edge isn’t only because land is getting a copy and kind of takes away the uniqueness of it, and runaway railway uses the awful redesigns, but slinky looks really unique and a fun little coaster. I like that it’s a coaster unlike the flat rides at other Toy Story lands.

I only elaborated because I knew I had to defend my statement since it is pretty loaded after all...

Yea I think even just the fact that it is a roller coaster is enough to put it, at least initially, into a tier 1 FP level. I see the Alien Swirling Saucers being a Tier 2 though. Main reason I coudl see them doing away with tiers though is the fact that even with TSL opening there is still not that many rides at the park. Really jstu have the 3 TSL rides, ToT, RnRC, and ST. Fantasmic is probably the main other fast pass. These are all pretty major rides as well so I could see FP still being fairly well spread out.

They'd be smart to make all the new TS rides in a tier of their own - pick one FP from those rides. Then offer the heavy hitters, like RnR and ToT in tier 2 and the rest in tier 3.

I think they will make all of the TS rides tier 1, at least until the Star Wars area opens.

I think they will make all of the TS rides tier 1, at least until the Star Wars area opens.

The problem with that if you just look at rides is it becomes pick one of these three tier 1 rides then pick two of these three rides as your tier 2.

I think tier 1 initially whilst hype is at its peak and then drop to tier 2 when Star Wars is ready.

The problem with that if you just look at rides is it becomes pick one of these three tier 1 rides then pick two of these three rides as your tier 2.

That's the big problem for me with tiers at HS right now is there is just not that many rides as a whole and most of the rides that have are major E/D ticket attractions. Ridewise this summer you have TSL rides, RnRC, ToT, Star Tours, and Muppetvision. Outside of those it's pretty much just shows which people don't usually rush to get a Fastpass for.

That's the big problem for me with tiers at HS right now is there is just not that many rides as a whole and most of the rides that have are major E/D ticket attractions. Ridewise this summer you have TSL rides, RnRC, ToT, Star Tours, and Muppetvision. Outside of those it's pretty much just shows which people don't usually rush to get a Fastpass for.
The problem DHS has had since FP+ is most people (like myself) only consider "rides" worth a FP for (since you don't really skip a "line" for a show. You still have to wait for the show to start whether you have FP or not). , So, it has always been awful there (with only 5 (now 4) "rides" in operation for the last 4 years).

There will be high demand for those two new rides, until SWL comes out because there is SO little else to do at DHS and families with young children will probably come to DHS (where they may have avoided it in the past). My guess (and hope) for TSL would be make TSL land Tier 1 like Pandora, and everything else is Tier 2. This means that families (who don't plan on going on RnRC or ToT) will get one of the Toy Story Rides (probably one of the new ones depending on the height of their children), Star Tours and one of the shows.

The question is .. how many "good attractions" does a park need to NOT have Tiering?
Epcot has tiering because there is so few attractions and a majority of them are "underwhelming". AK didn't have tiering (before Pandora) because it simply didn't have many "queue" attractions anyway.

Hopefully DHS (after SWGE and Mickey's railway) will have enough in-demand attractions to ditch the Tier system. I think once everything is up and running there, all the "ride" attractions will be in demand in one way or another. Probably Star Tours (due to its age) and the Alien Saucer ride will be the least popular attractions.
I think there will be enough there to spread out the demand to avoid tiering (I hope).

I'm hoping they at least make TSMM Tier 2 so you can do all 3 in 2 days without having to Rope Drop or wait in long standby lines.

I'm hoping they at least make TSMM Tier 2 so you can do all 3 in 2 days without having to Rope Drop or wait in long standby lines.

Though adding the third track helped a lot with wait times for TSMM (and we have gotten it as a bonus 4th FP in the past) and with it not being the *new* kiddie/family ride the demand for it might be lower too. Though, the additional people coming for Toy Story Land might counter that a bit

Though adding the third track helped a lot with wait times for TSMM (and we have gotten it as a bonus 4th FP in the past) and with it not being the *new* kiddie/family ride the demand for it might be lower too. Though, the additional people coming for Toy Story Land might counter that a bit

TSMM is a fun attraction for sure, but I always attributed the HUGE wait times of TSMM at DHS to being the only "family with young kids" ride in a park that only ever had 4-5 rides. Throw that ride in the Magic Kingdom and it would probably have less wait times.

I had to wait 25+ minutes for it DURING EMH last year.. why? because there were only 3 other rides open (all of which have height requirements and are "thrill" rides that not everyone likes.

Even with the two new attractions, and the removal of GMR, it is still the only ride in the entire park that the whole family (including infants and toddlers) can go on. We are going in November and I think TSMM will be the only ride my 2-year old daughter will be able to go on. (She may be 32" by then to go on the saucers ride, but I have my doubts). So TSMM will be a high priority for the family (that and we all like the arcade action) still.

It will be interesting to see the tiering, but if TSMM was a Tier 2 .. that would be nice!

My 2 cents...

They have tiers now and they are certainly going to want them when Star Wars arrives therefore there is no sense to eliminate them now.
Adding 2 more Tier 1s while moving nothing to Tier 2 does not make a lot of sense. If attendance rises to visit the new land, ToT could end up being one of the hardest FP to secure.
The Navii river seems to set a precedent that it is the demand vs capacity that drives the tier (not quality of attraction)

Therefore my prediction is both new Toy Story rides go to Tier 1. TSMM goes to Tier 2. I am guessing that when they have all tracks running and the entrance moved, TSMM has such a higher capacity, it can absorb moving to Tier 2 better than RNRC. Not to mention it will let thrill seekers get RNRC and TOT on one day, while non thrill seekers will get TSMM and one of the other new Toy Story rides in the same day.

Has anyone heard anything about what Hollywood Studios will do for Toy Story Land fastpasses? It would be great if they do what they did for Pandora and create a separate tier for the new rides but I have a feeling they will just lump in Slinky Dog with tier one.

Still not really sure what they will do with Alien Swirling Saucers, would be surprising if they made that a tier one as well. But maybe they would?!

What do you think?

I’m glad I’m not the only one who was able to get a bonus fastpass for it as well! Last May it surprised me that the wait never went over an hour on the day I was there. Didn’t even want to look with it running just two tracks in January

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts