Toy Story Land FP question

There's been talk of this in the Toy Story thread

No one knows yet

Talk of no tiers at HS, talk of all 3 Toy Story rides being tier 1 and everything else tier 2, talk of the two rides joining tier 1.

I personally think they should do away with all tiers at HS. I don't think everyone will just do all 3 Toy story fps as their top 3. There will still be plenty going for RnR and ToT. But we'll have to wait and see
I would like to see them do away with tiers also

I would like to see them do away with tiers also
What's the point of tiers in everyone's opinion (or if there is some factual information out there?)

Tiers seemingly are for the parks that don't have a lot of "RIDE" (non-show) attractions where "everyone" will want the few top attractions there, right? So it helps spread fast passes to attractions that people normally wouldn't take. But to what end? So what if Living with the Land doesn't have a fastpass queue? Just to give guests the illusion of skipping a line (that wouldn't exist if people weren't "forced" to take an awful Tier 2 fastpass?)

At Epcot .. there are only two rides really worth getting a FP for .. Soaring and Test Track. Without tiers .. EVERYONE would book those two attractions.
Same with DHS .. they've had only 4-5 "rides" since FP+ came online. Everyone would just book the big three .. TSMM and Rock n Roller Coaster and the Great Movie Ride (before it closed).

But why did AK never have tiering until Pandora? It only had 6 rides (if you can even call the carnival rides in Dinoland that). So wasn't everyone getting FP for Everest, Safari and then something else? (That's what I've done). Besides Dinosaur and River Rapids, the rest of the park is walk through attractions or shows. How did it "survive" without tiering?

So why is their tiering? To help everyone get a shot at a high demand attraction? Even with tiering, the Pandora rides are practically impossible to get at 60 days. Without tiering, at its peak Seven Dwarves Mine Train and the A&E meet and greet (when it was at MK) were also impossible to get at 60 days.
So what if someone at 30 days or less can't get a FP to a brand new attraction? Chances are (even with tiering) they wouldn't anyway.

So, is the point of tiering just to keep you in the park longer (by waiting in longer lines)? (thus spending money on food, snacks, souvenirs and not hopping to another park)? Perhaps because Disney wants you to potentially add another day to your trip so you can do ALL the new attractions during your trip without having to waiting in 2 hour plus lines?

If that is the point of tiering, than yes .. we will see tiering in DHS and Epcot for many years to go as they continue to pump out new attractions there (but hopefully that means that older "Tier 1" attractions will fall to Tier 2).

I believe the tiering was to make sure that those premier attractions didn't have all of their fastpasses taken for a given day months in advance. AS you said without tiering everyone would be wanting to grab FP for Soarin' and Test Track at EPCOT, so likely without tiering they would all be gone as soon as resort guests could start buying them at 90 days out (or whatever the gap is). This helps make sure there is a better spread of FP for top tier attractions to guest, not to spread guests to other attractions.
AK probably did without because many of their rides are E-Ticket level attractions or a show like FotLK and Bug's Life that don't really need one. Plus it is one of the weaker parks for attendance prior to Pandora so there wasn't a big issue of rides running out of FP there.

With Toy Story Land opening in June, does anyone think that Toy Story Mania will be bumped down to a tier 2 ride? Personally I think it would make sense, but I don't run the parks so I don't know how likely that is.

I’m showing my inexpert wdw knowledge here but can you point me in the direction of 101 training on the ride tiers?

I’m showing my inexpert wdw knowledge here but can you point me in the direction of 101 training on the ride tiers?

You've come to the right place!

This thread requires some time and two cups of coffee to digest, but I'd suggest starting with the first few posts here: FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions

Specifically, post #8 gets into tiering details.

Feel free to ask questions, most folks here are happy to help. :-)

Wonder if they will start letting people buy extras fast passes soon

I reckon they could make a log of money if they started that

My best guess....(although I can also see F! staying tier 1..?)

Tier 1 -
Toy Story Midway Mania
Slinky Dog Dash
Aliens SS
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster

Tier 2 -
Fantasmic!
Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
Tower of Terror
Star Tours
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
MuppetVision 3D
Disney Junior – Live on Stage
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!

With Toy Story Land opening in June, does anyone think that Toy Story Mania will be bumped down to a tier 2 ride? Personally I think it would make sense, but I don't run the parks so I don't know how likely that is.
No. And I don't think it would make any sense whatsoever to move it to Tier 2

I think the only change with Toy Story Land would be the addition of the new rides to Tier 1, and possibly bumping Beauty and the Beast show to Tier 2. However, when Star Wars Land and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway open next year, I could see some major overhauls coming to the DHS tiers at that time.

I think they will do just like Pandora and have all of the TSL rides in Tier 1. I wish they would bump RnR down and just do away with that awful single rider line.

My best guess....(although I can also see F! staying tier 1..?)

Tier 1 -
Toy Story Midway Mania
Slinky Dog Dash
Aliens SS
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster

Tier 2 -
Fantasmic!
Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
Tower of Terror
Star Tours
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
MuppetVision 3D
Disney Junior – Live on Stage
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!

I am guessing that ToT will stay Tier 1. Alien SS will be Tier 2.

Just a guess, based on the fact that ToT is still very popular and I doubt that they will make all of the TSL rides Tier 1.

I think Toy Story Mania and Slinky are going to be Tier 1
and Aliens SS to be Tier 2

I bet they are keeping Toy Story Mania on tier 1 to divide the F+ public because the land is going to be pretty crowded for the next 3-5 years
AS2 is a new ride and will have high demand, at least until SW opens. For that reason, I can't see it being Tier 2 because everyone would choose it.

I am guessing that ToT will stay Tier 1. Alien SS will be Tier 2.

Just a guess, based on the fact that ToT is still very popular and I doubt that they will make all of the TSL rides Tier 1.
ToT is already Tier 2, highly doubt it would move up. And I absolutely think all TSL rides will be Tier 1....JMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter