Toy Story Land FP question

ToT is already Tier 2, highly doubt it would move up. And I absolutely think all TSL rides will be Tier 1....JMO

Hmmm....interesting. I didn't realize ToT was Tier 2 now.

And I think you guys have convinced me that AS2 will also be T1 and that all TSL rides will end up being T1. That's the sad reality...anytime there is a new ride at WDW, they get swarmed.

AS2 is a new ride and will have high demand, at least until SW opens. For that reason, I can't see it being Tier 2 because everyone would choose it.

Agreed - Na'vi is a good analogy for that. Based on the ride itself - it doesn't belong in Tier 1 (it's basically It's a Small World in Pandora). But the newness and location in Pandora is in my mind making the wait artifically high. I think sometime next year we'll see a decent drop off in the average wait times for that.

I would put the guarantees on the 2 new TSL rides as Tier 1. My next guess is RNR is 3rd on list. I doubt Fantasmic goes down. I could see TSMM going down to Tier 2 once all tracks are open and construction complete, however Beauty and the Beast is a good theory for a tier drop as well. I would bet at least one drops, but which one and if more then one drops is a good question.

I can't see why they don't duplicate what they have at AK, which is everything in Pandora as the Tier 1 ride and then all the others Tier 2.
Though at HS there is a some logic to leaving RnR in Tier 1 but not much to anything else.
I mean, if RoL is Tier 2, why wouldn't F! be? I'm not sure why they'd need it as a Tier 1 but I may well be missing something

AS2 is a new ride and will have high demand, at least until SW opens. For that reason, I can't see it being Tier 2 because everyone would choose it.

plus not everyone will be able to get a FP for Slinky Dog - so this way people could at least get a FP for one of the 2 new rides and only have to do standby for one of them (that is, Alien Saucer Spin : Slinky Dog Dash :: Nav'i River Journey : Flight of Passage)

I can't see why they don't duplicate what they have at AK, which is everything in Pandora as the Tier 1 ride and then all the others Tier 2.
Though at HS there is a some logic to leaving RnR in Tier 1 but not much to anything else.
I mean, if RoL is Tier 2, why wouldn't F! be? I'm not sure why they'd need it as a Tier 1 but I may well be missing something

I could see that, though the counter to that is there are people that don't really care about Toy Story Land but do want to ride RnRC or ToT or something (so the more older/thrill seekers) vs Pandora which had rides for both types of riders

Although, can you not book a Tier 1 and just book 3 tier 2s?

I could see that, though the counter to that is there are people that don't really care about Toy Story Land but do want to ride RnRC or ToT or something (so the more older/thrill seekers) vs Pandora which had rides for both types of riders

Although, can you not book a Tier 1 and just book 3 tier 2s?
We've never done it but I'm pretty sure you can.
Plus, there are probably as many people who don't care about Pandora that won't care about Toy Story Land. And they'll want to ride EE but not ride FoP, so still pretty similar.
The more I think on it the more it seems logical to lay the FP out at HS like they have at AK, seeing how you have a very similar mixture of shows and rides.
Which is probably exactly why they won't do it, it's logical.

Yeah, that is probably true on F! Gone are the days of that being a mandatory twice a night performance. I would think that F! would be next up to be re-done after Illuminations and a new nighttime MK parade... I hope. RoL really is an odd ball situation and not necessarily one they want to ever duplicate. If they had not botched the opening, I could see them putting ROL back in the hopper for another revision, but at this point they are probably just happy it is working. I would guess when RoL was conceptualized, it was envisioned as a Tier 1 monster nightly draw.

People will be coming to DHS FOR JUST Toy Story Land, so they will limit those FPs as much as possible. It will stink if they make every Toy Story Land Tier 1, but I can see them doing that for the same reason the Pandora rides are Tier 1 and Test Track, Soarin and Frozen are Tier 1 at Epcot.

In parks with limited rides, they need to "force" guests to use Fast Passes for things they normally wouldn't to spread out FP use.

So you'll see families get a FP for Slinky Dog Dash, Star Tours and maybe some show (that is just a waste of a FP) like Disney Junior or Muppets.

Disney doesn't want someone getting a FP for each Toy Story Land and then going home early or going over to another park. They want to spread crowds out and keep guests in the park (and in lines .. and in restaurants and gift shops) all day long.

I could see them dropping RnR to Tier 2 over TSMM.

I would love it if they could eventually get rid of the tiers altogether. Feels like there may be a need for way too many Tier 1 rides after SWGE and Runaway Railway opens. You'd think they can't be ALL the new rides as Tier1, right?

I see them dropping RnR down to tier 2 once TSL opens. If not then, then when SGE opens it'll happen for sure. No one would ever pick RnR as tier 1 with all those new attractions as options.

However - It almost seems like it might make sense to have all new SW rides in one tier, TSL rides in another tier, then the remainder of the park's rides in a third tier.... just to force people to spread out around the park? Maybe? :O

I see them dropping RnR down to tier 2 once TSL opens. If not then, then when SGE opens it'll happen for sure. No one would ever pick RnR as tier 1 with all those new attractions as options.

However - It almost seems like it might make sense to have all new SW rides in one tier, TSL rides in another tier, then the remainder of the park's rides in a third tier.... just to force people to spread out around the park? Maybe? :O

Or TSL in one Tier, the remaining non- SWGE rides in another tier - and then a new platinum tier for SWGE that you have to pay extra to get FP for

Y'know, that actually makes sense. One FP for SWGE, one for TSL, and one for everything else.

With the exception of single rider line, I would bet that RnR coaster was getting longer waits than TSMM was when they had 3 tracks running. I think the recent horror stories on TSMM are related to construction, and there is also some lingering memories of the huge waits TSMM used to have before the track was added. I also don't see TSL really pulling people away from RnR coaster as the demographics are slightly different. I would guess that those who are looking at the new TSL lands are the same group that would have chosen TSMM Tier 1 fast pass. What will counterbalance the drop in demand for Tier 1 TSMM FP is there will be a lot more people with younger children going to DHS who would have interest in TSMM than previously went to the park. The uptick in attendance will likely fill some of the hole that will be made of people now choosing Slinky Coaster or Aliens Saucers as their Tier 1 over TSMM. The question is will the uptick in attendance be enough to offset the people who will now choose the new rides over the older TSMM. My gut reaction is it probably will be around a draw and TSMM wait times will return to the very reasonable 3 track wait times of a year ago. Since these are lower than RnR coaster, TSMM is more likely to drop a tier than RnR coaster. Just my gut guess.

If anything moves down to tier 2, I don’t think it would be TSMM. Maybe the lines with 3 tracks open weren’t bad, but when Pandora opened, the main part of the park that people went to was Pandora. (Correct me if I’m wrong- that’s just what I’ve heard.) I think it will be similar with TSL, and with everybody over there, TSMM will get longer lines than it did during the time that all 3 tracks were running. So if any ride moves down to tier 2, I think it would definitely be RnR. But my guess is that no rides will move down to tier 2, just shows- TSMM and RnR both will stay in tier 1, Slinky and SS will also be tier 1, and the shows that are currently in tier 1 will move to tier 2.

I think it will be similar with TSL, and with everybody over there,

I'm not sure that TSL will be as popular as Pandora was, out of the gate. TSL is aimed more at kids, which limits its appeal, and should also lessen the crowds, to an extent.

I'm not sure that TSL will be as popular as Pandora was, out of the gate. TSL is aimed more at kids, which limits its appeal, and should also lessen the crowds, to an extent.

I have to disagree. The Toy Story franchise is MUCH more popular and carries a much wider fan base than the Avatar series. Further, WDW is comprised primarily of families with kids.....so not sure how being aimed at kids would in any way limit the appeal of TSL.

I have to disagree. The Toy Story franchise is MUCH more popular and carries a much wider fan base than the Avatar series.

I agree with you there. However, Flight of Passage is a remarkable ride, unlike anything at WDW, and that alone attracts far more visitors than the Slinky Dog coaster (for example) will.

Further, WDW is comprised primarily of families with kids.....so not sure how being aimed at kids would in any way limit the appeal of TSL.

It limits the appeal because it mostly appeals to families with young children, whereas Pandora, as a land, has something for everyone.

I hope I'm not coming across a TSL hater, because I'm not. I just don't think its appeal will be wide or as intense as Pandora. The IP (TS vs. Pandora) is irrelevant, I think. It just comes down to the attractions...and TSL doesn't have anything that compares to FoP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter