Toy Story Land FP question

I hope I'm not coming across a TSL hater, because I'm not. I just don't think its appeal will be wide or as intense as Pandora. The IP (TS vs. Pandora) is irrelevant, I think. It just comes down to the attractions...and TSL doesn't have anything that compares to FoP.

I agree. I'm a solo traveler and while TSL may make me actual want to visit HS and I will visit it, it isn't a huge draw. i still expect I'll go to HS, check our TSL and maybe ride slinky dog once, hit up ToT, RnR, and ST and leave to another park. It won't be a draw to keep me there like Pandora was/is.

I agree. I'm a solo traveler and while TSL may make me actual want to visit HS and I will visit it, it isn't a huge draw. i still expect I'll go to HS, check our TSL and maybe ride slinky dog once, hit up ToT, RnR, and ST and leave to another park. It won't be a draw to keep me there like Pandora was/is.

True, it won't be a draw to adults, but for families with young kids, DHS will be less of a "skip" where before all it had was TSMM and a bunch of shows (Disney Junior, Muppets, Frozen, etc.). Just how FEA (and eventually Ratatouille ) gives families with preschoolers rides to pull them to Epcot, Toy Story Land will draw them back to DHS as well.

I am going in November and despite DHS still not having much for little kids, we are going for that. Since we hit DHS last trip for the Star Wars stuff for my son, we would probably skip it if it wasn't for Toy Story Land. My 2yo daughter (who probably won't be big enough for both new rides) will probably just enjoy the theming of the area and TSMM . .between that .. Disney Junior, Little Mermaid show and the Disney Junior Meet and Greets .. there is easily a full day full of stuff for preschoolers without even thinking about RnRC and ToT.

Unlike Pandora, which only has 2 rides, TSL will have 3 (2 new and 1 existing). Making them all Tier 1 would be more problematic than for Pandora where you could just RD the one you didn't get a FP for. I'm doing 2 MGM days in August and I am not doing RD. So, if TSMM is not made Tier 2, it will become a decision between AS and TSMM.

Although, can you not book a Tier 1 and just book 3 tier 2s?

I'm almost certain you can make 3 Tier 2 FPs.

We've never done it but I'm pretty sure you can.

I'm not sure if I have ever done it or not. Most likely is AK when there were no Pandora FPs to be had.

I could see that, though the counter to that is there are people that don't really care about Toy Story Land but do want to ride RnRC or ToT or something (so the more older/thrill seekers) vs Pandora which had rides for both types of riders

Although, can you not book a Tier 1 and just book 3 tier 2s?

Yes, I've been able to get multiple TSMM fastpasses while most of the park is under construction. I've also been able to get a test track and soarin on the same day.

Edit - read it as multiple Tier 1s. Yes, you can book just all tier 2 fastpasses now. You couldn't back when you had to book all three.

You've come to the right place!

This thread requires some time and two cups of coffee to digest, but I'd suggest starting with the first few posts here: FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions

Specifically, post #8 gets into tiering details.

Feel free to ask questions, most folks here are happy to help. :-)
Is it fair to assume that this link will be updated once the TSL FP+ are known? Planning a trip for September and although I now have plenty of time I want to make sure that if fP+ are available for TSL I gake advantage of them.

Is it fair to assume that this link will be updated once the TSL FP+ are known? Planning a trip for September and although I now have plenty of time I want to make sure that if fP+ are available for TSL I gake advantage of them.
Yes once things are known many threads/pages will be updated.

I think the only change with Toy Story Land would be the addition of the new rides to Tier 1, and possibly bumping Beauty and the Beast show to Tier 2. However, when Star Wars Land and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway open next year, I could see some major overhauls coming to the DHS tiers at that time.
I could frankly see the only rides being tiered is the Star Wars offerings at that time. You’d have a decent chunk of diverse offerings to not overwhelm a few popular rides (see animal kingdom as an example with pandora)

I don’t know about Alien Saucers. At DCA, everyone runs for Radiator Springs, Maters doesn’t have long lines.

Opinions:

1. HS will make all 3 toy story rides tier 1?

2. HS will make the 2 new rides tier 1, TSMM will then be tier 2?

3. HS will do away with the tier system.

I HOPE they do away with the tier system or at least put 1 Toy Story ride in tier 2.

I would guess TSMM and Slinky will be Tier 1 and RNR stays 1 as well. The park's top thrill should remain tier 1 IMO but would rather no tier. Be interesting to see if they go away once Star Wars and Micky are online.
So since I guessed that, this is what i expect.
All Toy Story tier 1, and RNR stays 1.
When Star Wars opens all tier 1, then either slinky or TSMM stay tier 1, others bumped down. Then after a year tiers are removed.

I keep hoping that they might announce the tiers before the 90-day mark of opening day so that the Club Level guests can schedule their TSL FP+s at 90-days. But the chances of that are looking quite slim at this point!

I would guess TSMM and Slinky will be Tier 1 and RNR stays 1 as well. The park's top thrill should remain tier 1 IMO but would rather no tier. Be interesting to see if they go away once Star Wars and Micky are online.
So since I guessed that, this is what i expect.
All Toy Story tier 1, and RNR stays 1.
When Star Wars opens all tier 1, then either slinky or TSMM stay tier 1, others bumped down. Then after a year tiers are removed.

The problem with this is you now have 4 tier 1 rides and really nothing ride wise at tier 2. That could make tot and st harder to get then tsl fast passes. If you only get fast pass for rides like me you would have zero choices at tier 2.

The problem with this is you now have 4 tier 1 rides and really nothing ride wise at tier 2. That could make tot and st harder to get then tsl fast passes. If you only get fast pass for rides like me you would have zero choices at tier 2.
No different than today. You currently have TOT and Star Tours as the only Tier 2 rides, and neither of them are hard to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter