Toy Story Land soft opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there will be. But with the opening not happening until June, I wouldn't expect soft openings until sometime in May. Someone will come in with the exact details for Pandora, but I remember them starting maybe the middle or last week of April? So that would equate to beginning of May to the middle.

Hmmm I'm taking my Grandson for a long weekend in early June. I know the odds are against but I'm hoping it will happen to be that same weekend

I'm sure there will be. But with the opening not happening until June, I wouldn't expect soft openings until sometime in May. Someone will come in with the exact details for Pandora, but I remember them starting maybe the middle or last week of April? So that would equate to beginning of May to the middle.

Well, the official opening date is June 30th, right - so I would think the soft openings would be most of June - maybe the end of May. Looking back at Pandora, the official open was May 27th and previews started May 2nd

There is a Star Wars Galactic Night scheduled for May 27th, so could be media in covering that and then perhaps they do some sort of media event for Toy Story Land that weekend and then start the regular soft openings/previews after that for much of June

Hmmm I'm taking my Grandson for a long weekend in early June. I know the odds are against but I'm hoping it will happen to be that same weekend
Should be the correct timeframe. It will just be luck of the draw. If I remember right though, a lot of the "soft openings" or previews were for designated groups with Pandora. AP holders, DVC, media, etc... Not sure how much random "come on in" park goers got a peak.

We have AP and DVC so I'm hoping
If I remember right though, a lot of the "soft openings" or previews were for designated groups with Pandora. AP holders, DVC, media, etc... Not sure how much random "come on in" park goers got a peak

We have DVC and AP so I'm hoping

We have AP and DVC so I'm hoping

We have DVC and AP so I'm hoping

at least for Pandora you had to sign up for slots - so definitely be on the lookout for if they do something and if you can get in for one of the slots if they have one for when you are there

Obviously who knows what they will do this time but Pandora was different in that it wasn't just those random soft openings that people lucked into by being at the right place at the right time

at least for Pandora you had to sign up for slots - so definitely be on the lookout for if they do something and if you can get in for one of the slots if they have one for when you are there

Obviously who knows what they will do this time but Pandora was different in that it wasn't just those random soft openings that people lucked into by being at the right place at the right time
To be honest I don’t think the demand is necessary for sign ups for Toy Story Land. Pandora was a lottery for even the cast members, my one friend couldn’t get in until it opened! Especially with Midway Mania in the mix I think we should expect a normal soft opening

To be honest I don’t think the demand is necessary for sign ups for Toy Story Land. Pandora was a lottery for even the cast members, my one friend couldn’t get in until it opened! Especially with Midway Mania in the mix I think we should expect a normal soft opening

So how will a normal soft opening work?

I think you’d be surprised. Demand is there and most are expecting a sign up soft opening.

I guess we shall wait and see - I thought the response and results from the Pandora method were pretty positive so I thought they might continue it - but agree this isn't as "big of a deal" as Pandora, so might not be needed

A normal soft opening is right place right time. It’s not advertised or anything.
Well it is advertised out front of the attraction but it’s more so a warning that it can shut down at anytime and all effects may or may not be working. That could be just universal though it’s been a while since a normal Disney soft opening

Well it is advertised out front of the attraction but it’s more so a warning that it can shut down at anytime and all effects may or may not be working. That could be just universal though it’s been a while since a normal Disney soft opening
We know that it is open with only one track operating through the end of May. We don't know if it will close at all in June yet.

We don't know this for sure yet.
Sorry for double posting but this popped up as soon as I hit post reply: I thought it was just no fastpass for the month, that was the last I heard
Edit: same thing happened, just assume I wanted to reply to both your comments since I would’ve only responded the same thing

Sorry for double posting but this popped up as soon as I hit post reply: I thought it was just no fastpass for the month, that was the last I heard
Edit: same thing happened, just assume I wanted to reply to both your comments since I would’ve only responded the same thing
Right now from April 9th through the end of May, Toy Story Mania will be operating with only one track and will be standby only. We do not have that confirmed for the month of June yet before opening day of the land.

So is this the watch thread for Passholders who hope to get in on a preview?

Living in north Georgia, I can’t exactly plan a trip around a passholder preview, but I will be there end of May/first of June and I’d like to know as soon as possible if there were a passholder preview during my dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter