Toy Story Land soft opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this the watch thread for Passholders who hope to get in on a preview?

Living in north Georgia, I can’t exactly plan a trip around a passholder preview, but I will be there end of May/first of June and I’d like to know as soon as possible if there were a passholder preview during my dates.
Official Toy Story Land Info thread

This would be the best place for it.

Right now from April 9th through the end of May, Toy Story Mania will be operating with only one track and will be standby only. We do not have that confirmed for the month of June yet before opening day of the land.
I did not hear about the one track. I assume that’s the third track since it’ll be finished?
This sucks, I arrive the 10th

I did not hear about the one track. I assume that’s the third track since it’ll be finished?
This sucks, I arrive the 10th
Nope. Third track is in Sound Stage One and has been finished for over a year now. It's not specified which track it will be but they have been running an outdoor queue and entrance through the exit since January. The entire original queue is behind walls.

Nope. Third track is in Sound Stage One and has been finished for over a year now. It's not specified which track it will be but they have been running an outdoor queue and entrance through the exit since January. The entire original queue is behind walls.
I knew that I actually rode on the third track I was saying that as in that one will open up because it has been closed during the queue rerouting, and if they’re only going to have one track open that one seems to make the most sense

And also coincides with my luck of just missing things because I arrive the 10th. Already planned on skipping mgm that day once I heard the fastpass rumor

I knew that I actually rode on the third track I was saying that as in that one will open up because it has been closed during the queue rerouting, and if they’re only going to have one track open that one seems to make the most sense

And also coincides with my luck of just missing things because I arrive the 10th. Already planned on skipping mgm that day once I heard the fastpass rumor
I am unsure if it will be the third track because of the way they are routing the attraction currently. Certainly it could but the third track is currently closed with what they are doing.

I am unsure if it will be the third track because of the way they are routing the attraction currently. Certainly it could but the third track is currently closed with what they are doing.
I know, figured close those two and have the one open since it might be ready. We’ll see come April

I'm a pass holder and last year I never got the email invite to get a spot for pandora, I wonder if it is because I'm out of state? Anywho, I'll be at Disney in early June and I'm really hoping to get a pass holder preview spot if they do it again. Did anyone go to the Pandora one last year? How were you notified to sign up?

I'm a pass holder and last year I never got the email invite to get a spot for pandora, I wonder if it is because I'm out of state? Anywho, I'll be at Disney in early June and I'm really hoping to get a pass holder preview spot if they do it again. Did anyone go to the Pandora one last year? How were you notified to sign up?
It was through email and unfortunately not everyone received them.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up for an AP preview in early June at this point either. Construction progress is lagging a bit.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up for an AP preview in early June at this point either. Construction progress is lagging a bit.
Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up like frozen and opens the day of. It looks behind but not enough for me to be concerned

Yeah I didn't get one last year. Bummer, well I guess we'll see.

I found out about the AP Pandora preview on these boards with a link to sign up several hours before the e-mail from Disney about the AP preview hit my inbox. At that point, almost all days were booked since my friends received it at the same time and didn’t have a lot of options. My wife never got the email even though we’re both AP holders and live in California. It was really odd.

Impatiently waiting for news of the pass holder preview myself. Pandora and Fantasyland previews were great!

Impatiently waiting for news of the pass holder preview myself. Pandora and Fantasyland previews were great!
How long before the official opening were previews for those?

Reason I ask is I’m there from the 12-17 of June and hoping to get a peek. Thanks!

How long before the official opening were previews for those?

Reason I ask is I’m there from the 12-17 of June and hoping to get a peek. Thanks!

Like me you just have to keep checking... Based on past experience timing seems likely for mid June but you never know...

The Fantasyland Preview sign up was supposed to be on 10/12 there were technical difficulties no one was able to book until 10/15... Preview days were 11/3, 11/10, 11/11 in 3.5 hour slots with 2 itineraries. With the official opening date of 12/6

The Pandora Preview sign up was announced on 3/24 less than 24 hours and it was sold out... There were 10 preview dates from 5/13-5/22 in 2 hour slots. With the official opening date of 5/27...

As an AP, how many people could you get a spot for? Did everyone in the party have to show APs when they got there?

As an AP, how many people could you get a spot for? Did everyone in the party have to show APs when they got there?

Everyone has to be APs.

On the Pandora Preview you reserved your slot (yes AP holders only, no guests) online. Then a couple days before your actual preview window a FastPass was assigned to your MM+ profile for access. That FP had a window that matched the 2 hour block of time and date you chose when you signed up. When we got in line they scanned our MB or Passholder ticket media just like a normal FastPass to enable access through the construction wall for the preview.

There is no way to know if they'll use the same method (or even have a PassHolder preview this time) but that's how it worked last year for Pandora.

My daughter and I have AP vouchers for a trip starting June 24. If any of this comes to pass can I reserve two slots for us since we both have passes? I don’t want it to be a situation where we would both have to get the emails and each reserve our own slot. Mainly because she is a teen and on my MDE and doesn’t have her own so she wouldn’t get the email anyway.

We've been APs since September and have YET to receive any email communications! I've called several times and they always "put in a ticket" or whatever with the disclaimer that it could be up to 3 weeks before we see anything in our Inbox. It's been a month since I called and still no emails. I've seen where others get AP emails regularly from Disney. I have a feeling that even if one is announced, we'll not know anything about it til it shows up here or on Facebook. We live in North GA, too, so it's a 7-8 hour trip; not exactly a spur of the moment thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter