Toy Story Land soft opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know where the meet and greet location is yet? I understand for the CM previews they were just walking around but I assume that won't continue once it is fully open
No, I’d assume they’ll be against a wall or near some props or something. There isn’t a specific meet location.

No, I’d assume they’ll be against a wall or near some props or something. There isn’t a specific meet location.

well, for the sake of the Friends of those Characters, I hope they find a spot with more shade than most of the land seems to have

The worst spot is for the Star Wars' Stage Show - just out in the direct sunlight, it's pretty terrible (though if you eat at the Brown Derby Lounge you can be under umbrellas with a cold drink while watching)

I would also add that sitting/standing there for the nighttime show(s), is challenging too; that concrete just seems to radiate heat even after the sun goes down.

Realistically, I think Disney is no longer doing soft openings in favor of the pricey special events (think Pixar Pier's event at DCA), they are lucky they got CM previews on this one.

Looks like today may be a media day? I say this because Lou Mongello of WDWradio is currently live-streaming his walkthrough at TSL. It looks great! I can't wait to visit there myself and, most importantly, see it at night.

Looks like today may be a media day? I say this because Lou Mongello of WDWradio is currently live-streaming his walkthrough at TSL. It looks great! I can't wait to visit there myself and, most importantly, see it at night.
Today and tomorrow are Media Days. 6/30 is opening day.

Today and tomorrow are Media Days. 6/30 is opening day.

I figured. As I watched more of his stream I saw other members of media there, too.

I look forward to seeing coverage by other Disney vloggers as well.

Realistically, I think Disney is no longer doing soft openings in favor of the pricey special events (think Pixar Pier's event at DCA), they are lucky they got CM previews on this one.
Does anyone know how well (or not) this was attended? The price seemed ridiculous.

Does anyone know how well (or not) this was attended? The price seemed ridiculous.
I read a story that quoted an 18 year old girl about how it was completely worth the money. I'm guessing they couldn't find any adults that had the same opinion.

Slinky looks a nice length, minutes wise. Does it seem slow to launch? Yes but as I’ve read with launched coasters, they all do unless you’re on it. I didn’t even read hat in defense for slinky, I read that in defense for mack’s other 2018 double launch coaster, icon in blackpool pleasure beach. I like it but I need to do it in person. Met my extremely high expectations!!! (I was super excited because of how unique it is in regards to galaxys edge when they announced it)

Well realistically wdw has not had a pricey special event opening so we do not know what the plan is. We do know that TSL was behind schedule didn’t have time for a soft opening or preview event.

Slinky looks a nice length, minutes wise. Does it seem slow to launch? Yes but as I’ve read with launched coasters, they all do unless you’re on it. I didn’t even read hat in defense for slinky, I read that in defense for mack’s other 2018 double launch coaster, icon in blackpool pleasure beach. I like it but I need to do it in person. Met my extremely high expectations!!! (I was super excited because of how unique it is in regards to galaxys edge when they announced it)

It's about 2 mins long. I did just read the DIS review of it from Steve and he was skeptical of it going in but was pleasantly surprised and really liked it and it was more thrilling than he expected (not crazy thrilling but said it banks more than expected, things like that).

Now, is it worth the 3 hour waits it will get? Probably not, and I am sure that will lead to a ton of people saying it is overrated - but it seems like it is a good version of what it was meant to be - which is a fun family coaster

It's about 2 mins long. I did just read the DIS review of it from Steve and he was skeptical of it going in but was pleasantly surprised and really liked it and it was more thrilling than he expected (not crazy thrilling but said it banks more than expected, things like that).

Now, is it worth the 3 hour waits it will get? Probably not, and I am sure that will lead to a ton of people saying it is overrated - but it seems like it is a good version of what it was meant to be - which is a fun family coaster

What I have seen in the videos is the incredible theming in the SDD queue. That, in my opinion, buys at least 30 minutes of enjoyment before the ride itself.

What I have seen in the videos is the incredible theming in the SDD queue. That, in my opinion, buys at least 30 minutes of enjoyment before the ride itself.

Agree - though wish it was inside or more fully covered/more fans ... but at least parts of it look like they have a lot to look at

Not as much for AS2 - though they have the giant Astro Blaster which is pretty cool

I do also want to throw this out: when I was little I did what Disney is implying: Andy put a smorgasbord of toys around and called it a park. I did it all the time on a tucked away corner that you couldn’t walk in on in my bedroom. I had the die casts of vehicles as rides for an example. Wasn’t happy coming home from school to see my mom cleaned it up. Just thought I’d share

Reading some of the reviews of Toy Story land -- I guess I didn't realize that NO indoor locations meant NO "as you exit the ride" gift shops? Wow. Still scratching my head. As popular as Toy Story merchandise has been for decades -- just odd that they wouldn't have an actual A/Ced store location as you exit Slinky Dog Dash -

Isn't that a staple of the bigger theme park rides? You go on the ride and then get funneled out the gift shop - ala Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Test Track, etc.

Did they really need to cut costs that much that they couldn't afford an indoor gift shop in a BRAND new land that is about TOYS?

Or is this just a general change in philosophy? Get guests to go to the giant stores that have everything, but allows them to have flexibility to just have sections devoted to new rides that they can change out over time as popularity waxes and wanes.

New Fantasyland didn't have any new gift shops attached to rides now that I think about it. There is the small gift shop next to the tavern, and the giant gift shop in Storybook Circus is standalone and not attached to a ride. I don't recall Little Mermaid or Seven Dwarves Mine Train or Enchanted Tales having their own shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts