Toy Story land updates?

Our trip is planned to kickoff June 2oth and I'm really hoping that it's open by then. Hollywood Studios has always been my favorite park, but all of the construction sounds like a downer, I'm hoping the cure for that is about 20 rides on Star Tours (which I literally can ride repeatedly and never tire of it). The payoff of all this construction is going to be great, but until then...

It always comes back to Rivers of Light lol.

We have always called Memorial Day the unofficial start of summer. I don't think this one article is necessarily the end of any hope for the land to be open on Memorial Day.

Actually I'm not interpreting it that way at all.

I think that it is an honest (aka no made up dates like others put out there) sharing of information.

I wouldn't try to read any more into it than it says.

If you read the article there are two dates ........... May 25th which kicks off Incredible Summer with no commitment to anything in particular ........... and June 15, the opening of Incredibles 2 at theater. NOTHING else is committed here, so I certainly wouldn't say it is trying to put out there TSL is in trouble ... I mean really, what's so hard about it at this point.

Perhaps sources at Disney are just using an abundance of caution.

Under promise/over deliver.

Disney has dropped the ball a few times, so the best option really is to not commit on anything that takes greater effort than characters showing up for a dance party.

Maybe it’s because I live in the Midwest, but I always thought of summer starting Memorial Day weekend. :confused3

That is true for many areas and given that Disney is starting their "Incredible SUMMER" Memorial Day weekend, I'm guessing that is the start of summer for them too.

I think after the whole Rivers of Light debacle until they have everything fully tested an 100% ready to go they are going to be vague with the opening of anything significant

The straw that broke the camel's back in lessons learned or the gift that keeps on giving ...... or both.

What you don’t want to start with the original test track getting delayed for almost two years? :p
Well, yeah, there is that. Test Track was a major technological challenge, and when they finally opened it, they pretty well delivered on the promise of what it was going to be. Rivers of Light is a show, was delayed a year, and when it finally opened, sadly it falls well short of what it was promised to be :(

Well, yeah, there is that. Test Track was a major technological challenge, and when they finally opened it, they pretty well delivered on the promise of what it was going to be. Rivers of Light is a show, was delayed a year, and when it finally opened, sadly it falls well short of what it was promised to be :(

I thought test track was based off the "hot rods" version of people mover at DL ... how could that be a major technological challenge ?

I thought test track was based off the "hot rods" version of people mover at DL ... how could that be a major technological challenge ?
Test Track was a new ride system. It’s not what was used in the people mover. It was delayed several times.

Each of the test track vehicles has computer processing capabilities similar to the Space Shuttles. You don't think that a technological challenge?

Pretty sure I'll be okay in October but I do know a lot of people who will be going around the Memorial Day time frame.

Each of the test track vehicles has computer processing capabilities similar to the Space Shuttles. You don't think that a technological challenge?

Well... the Space Shuttles were designed in the 70s, Test Track 20 years later. It sounds impressive... but it's a little different. That being said, Test Track was a completely new ride system and they did and still do struggle with it. The tire issue alone is a massive expense and labor problem for that ride.

Well... the Space Shuttles were designed in the 70s, Test Track 20 years later. It sounds impressive... but it's a little different. That being said, Test Track was a completely new ride system and they did and still do struggle with it. The tire issue alone is a massive expense and labor problem for that ride.
There was a significant budget, and size difference between the shuttle, and the test track vehicles. Putting that kind of processing power into a ride vehicle was something that had not been done before.

My sister said a June opening was announced at D23 Japan but I’ve yet to see it here on the DIS so grain of salt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter