Toy Story Lot and security

kyrkea333

Luckiest Mom!
Could anyone tell me what it's like going through security and using the shuttles at the Toy Story lot lately? We often stay in the Convention center area and have always used the shuttles.
Is it still easy to access the buses if we're coming in off of Harbor on foot? And where do you get off now at the park? I'm curious how they keep us 'secure' going into the park from the shuttle.

Could anyone tell me what it's like going through security and using the shuttles at the Toy Story lot lately? We often stay in the Convention center area and have always used the shuttles.
Is it still easy to access the buses if we're coming in off of Harbor on foot? And where do you get off now at the park? I'm curious how they keep us 'secure' going into the park from the shuttle.
Everything is the same as it’s been for years. There’s no security in the lot yet; I believe that’s still years down the line. They did expand and improve the security booths on Harbor, so they don’t back up as much.

Anything new changed? We are planning to go this month and we walk to the Toy Story lot, are we still able to do that?
Thanks!

Anything new changed? We are planning to go this month and we walk to the Toy Story lot, are we still able to do that?
Thanks!

No changes yet though they do seem to be starting some construction for the future security at Toy Story.

But even once it’s done I don’t think it will mean you can’t walk in anymore as I’d think they would still need to leave an option for people to walk to and from the parks instead of taking the bus if they wanted to.

Tents and mags are in place over at Toy Story and construction is still well under way to pre screen guests in that lot before boarding busses...but it its not open yet.

Harbor side security has more lanes now, but there were still recently report of a 45min backup in the AM the get through security recently.

Where exactly passenger will be dropped has yet to be seen, but it will be pretty easy to drop in an area separate from walk up passengers then create at secure path that bypasses current security lines.

Hm, I don't think it's going to be years before security screening is at the Toy Story lot. I was watching a Fresh Baked video the other day and it looks like the Toy Story lot changes for that are going to be done fairly soon.

Hm, I don't think it's going to be years before security screening is at the Toy Story lot. I was watching a Fresh Baked video the other day and it looks like the Toy Story lot changes for that are going to be done fairly soon.
This post is originally from June 8. At that time, they hadn’t started any construction.

Since that time, they’ve done a bunch of work on the Toy Story lot, and last I heard, it’s supposed to open early 2020, although it looks like they’re mostly done, so maybe it will be earlier?

If they screen guests the parking lot won't they have to fence off the bus drop off area next to the main gate?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I called the hotel we are staying at and was told that we could still walk to the Toy Story parking lot so I’m hoping that’s true. We leave in 10 days so I’ll probably call again and make sure.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I called the hotel we are staying at and was told that we could still walk to the Toy Story parking lot so I’m hoping that’s true. We leave in 10 days so I’ll probably call again and make sure.

I really don’t think you need to worry about this. Again, they’ll have to have some kind of pedestrian access for guests parking at Toy Story who choose to walk to and from the parks instead of taking the bus. I don’t think there is a plan to block access for pedestrians to the lot. When it opens (which likely is not in the next 10 days but who knows), I believe the security screening will be to enter the bus boarding area so you’ll just get in those queues with everyone else.

Disney doesn’t want to make it difficult for you to get to the parks.

We're coming in March and staying at the Best Western Raffles and planned on walking to this lot and taking the shuttle...hopefully we'll still be able to do that, with the added bonus (maybe?) of going through security there instead of at the parks...

where is this lot? We are staying at Castle Inn says its 10-15min walk on maps. Maybe the lots closer?

Castle Inn is only a 10 min walk. The Toy Story parking lot is 10 mins in the opposite direction across the road rom the Clarion and Sheraton.
the security area looks close to finished, maybe just a few weeks away in time for Christmas but it’s toward the back of the parking area so a bit of a walk from Harbour. Today’s construction update from fresh baked has a good overhead view so you can judge for yourself.
All the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!