Toy Story lot question

OP, if you don’t mind me following up in your thread...can anyone who has used the toy story lot since RotR opened comment on how things are functioning there in the morning?

We’re considering the Homewood Suites, and one of the selling points was being able to quickly hop onto a shuttle at the lot. I know the actual parking is taking people a lot of time, but I haven’t heard much about the impact on shuttles. Also, how early do the shuttles start running?
As mentioned upthread, it’s quite a bit of a walk into the lot to get the shuttle so it’s slower than walking to the park. I don’t want you imagining you can “quickly hop” on a shuttle. We stayed at the HS and only did it once, otherwise walked or Uber.

Ask your question in the Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*. Posters there are reporting daily on conditions parking, at security, at the gates, etc. And there are answers to your questions in the first few posts on page one of that thread, too.

LOL, my original plan had been to ask there but then I thought "I'll search and see if there's a thread just about the parking lot".

I did read the opening posts there but not since they have been updated so thanks for reminding me to re-check them now that we have more data. I think the bottom line is that if we can make the walk wherever we end up, that's going to be our best bet. Especially as just this morning I see they've announced earlier opening on our days after all.

Hi all! We used the TS lot shuttle once when we stayed at the Clarion right across the street. This time we’re staying at the Hyatt Place. Does it still make sense to use the shuttle? Or is Uber/Lyft a better choice? (Leaning toward the latter since we only have two days and prefer convenience over cost lol)

Hi everyone. I'm going tomorrow morning. It's an 8:00 opening. Do they open the lot at 6:30 like the M&F or do they open it earlier? Thank you.

Hi everyone. I'm going tomorrow morning. It's an 8:00 opening. Do they open the lot at 6:30 like the M&F or do they open it earlier? Thank you.
Currently, both the M&F structure and the TS lot open 90 minutes before official park opening. If you arrive earlier, you will wait in the line of cars until the parking booths open.

From the DLR website (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/):
Operating Hours
Parking locations for the theme parks open 90 minutes prior to the earliest Disneyland Resort theme park opening time.

We walked into the lot, from the harbor side and used the shuttles when we were there Feb 4-8th, 2020. It was not crowded in the morning to get on a shuttle. It seems to fill up later in the day.
However, they have moved the loading area to what seems to be a permanent location, much farther back in the parking lot. So it's a longer walk. We found it okay to use in the morning and took a taxi home at night.

We walked into the lot, from the harbor side and used the shuttles when we were there Feb 4-8th, 2020. It was not crowded in the morning to get on a shuttle. It seems to fill up later in the day.
However, they have moved the loading area to what seems to be a permanent location, much farther back in the parking lot. So it's a longer walk. We found it okay to use in the morning and took a taxi home at night.
Is it more in the middle now closer to the bullseye parking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter