Toy story open at park opening?

starshine514

DIS Veteran
Has anyone that has been to the parks recently observed whether TSMM is open at park opening (non-EMH day)? Our last trip was in October, but then and for several prior trips, we would trek across the park only to find that TSMM wasn't open for rope drop. I'm thinking it was just repeated bad luck, but figured you guys would know if it was the new standard.

Thanks!

We did not encounter it closed during park opening the few early mornings we were there last week - it has fast pass availability at park opening.

We had two mornings where it didn't open until later and one where it was open. It's bad luck when it is closed as its far away from other stuff.

Bad luck! That stinks too, because I can usually get in at least two rides before it gets crazy.

We had two mornings where it didn't open until later and one where it was open. It's bad luck when it is closed as its far away from other stuff.
That's not fun! You would think/hope if they CM's were aware the ride would be down at opening, they would stand at the rope and let guests know so you don't rush over for nothing. They've done that in the past with RSR when it's down at opening.

Early Feb. We had one day it was open and one it was not open at opening. We did grab a fast pass. It was for an hour later and it was opened then

Our usual CA EMH routine is to go straight to Paradise Pier upon opening. Most times TSMM has been open, and we were able to ride it several times over. One time that strategy backfired, because TSMM and (at that time) CS both had technical issues and were closed throughout the early morning. That was before TSMM had FP, and one of the cast members was kind enough to pixie-dust us and scan our tickets for an anytime FP after she saw my girls and me sit and wait for an hour. That was unusual, though. Usually they’re open right away, I found.

It was ready to go at park openings the last few days when we were there.

check the app right at rope drop and it sometimes says it is down, so you don't trek all the way over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter