TR: My Birthday Trip 12-17 Oct 16 or, How I Learned to Like My Own Company Again - Finished

Canadian Harmony

DIS Veteran
I have been planning this trip since last October when my kids, hubby and I took the kids to DLR for their birthdays! Seeing as how this year is my 50th, I decided to go to my happy place, adults only! If you're interested in the Pre Trip Report, please go HERE to check it out.

So, ONE friend did come, but she came up from San Diego and was only able to stay for Thursday, and had to leave earlier than she had wanted to on Friday. BUT, I had someone with me to celebrate and it was great! I'm a very social person, so at first I was a little sad about being alone, but by Friday afternoon I had found my groove and loved being by myself.

To start... my flight left at 8:30 to Vancouver, but hubby had to get the kids up at 5:45... and we live an hour away from the airport. So, we left the house just before 4am, he dropped me at the aiport just before 5, and was home in time to get the kids up and ready for school! I ended up hanging out at the airport for 3 hours until boarding commenced. But it sure was a pretty start to the day.

There was to be a series of three storms at home over the weekend. I picked a perfect weekend to go to SoCal!

The flight boarded on time (YAY WestJet!) and I got the FRONT seat on the way over to Vancouver (never has happened ever!).

It's a 30 minute flight over to the big city. I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth and from the sky, the islands look like emeralds on a sapphire string. I looked carefully for whales in the ocean, but didn't see any.

We landed in Vancouver and I had a couple hours before getting my flight to Santa Ana. YVR is the most beautiful airport with amazing native carvings all over the place, and each terminal has stunning works of art all over. I did a cash exchange - it wasn't quick though because the lady behind the counter wanted to talk. And she did. For a good 10 minutes. Anyway, with a bit of USD in my pocket, I headed off to the gate and waited to board. It's the US terminal for sure because there were displays of Mickey, Pluto, Donald, Goofy, Minnie and more - toys from throughout the ages. I took a few photos because how awesome was that?!

Soon the flight landed, 20 minutes behind schedule, and after bags were picked up, I called Karmel. I waited about 10-15 minutes and hopped in. The other couple with me were also headed to Disney. They stayed here. I did not.

I was at the Del Sol Inn. A serviceable place, small and friendly. I was in room 204. It's an adjoining room at the end of the first hall upstairs above the breakfast room. The adjoining room meant I could hear the neighbours. It was very annoying and I had to tell them to shaddup a couple times (at 12:45 am?! Cracking a beer and watching TV. REALLY?!). The place is doing renos, so I had the temporary bar at the bottom until they put the lock hole in (they left their tools there in case I wanted to do it?) but that only took them an extra day. The room was clean, beds comfy, and the 4 pillows were welcome at the end of a long day in the parks!

I unpacked (checked for critters - all clear!) and got changed into my "Merida" outfit - kid's wig and tiara, adult dress. Made sure I had my MHP ticket with me, camera, phone, autograph book and pen, and off I went!

It was about 4:30 by the time I made it to the corner light, across the street, down the walk, through security and the metal detector. I didn't mind though - better to be safe. And then... there it was... the sight that made my heart sing....

A 5 minute walk to the gate (vice the 20 from Paradise Pier last year!) and a 20-minute wait outside. I was finally at the turnstiles, got my ticket, and a pretty gold wristband, my little bag, and off I went!

I headed to Kodak and got my PP+ card and then hoofed it to ToonTown. I was in line... and beside a popcorn cart... and there was the Zero bucket I didn't get last year, so I splurged on 'dinner' and grabbed one. It was A LOT more than I had thought it'd be, but whatever. The kids'll get a kick out it.

At 5pm, ToonTown opened up and I avoided the ToTTrail and headed to the plaza. I got in line for the photo op...

Then had to make a choice - Mickey & Minnie (switched with Chip and Dale), Pluto switched with Goofy, or Daisy switched with Donald... I didn't want to spend my whole M&G time there, so I chose the Ducks. Their line was moving much more quickly. It seems I have stupidly deleted my photos from Facebook while trying to clean up the album. Here is the only photo I have of us together. I'm rather choked about this).

While I was standing around, the tall scarecrows came by. As I left I tried to get their attention, but I wasn't a hot 20-something and I didn't have a kid, so they ignored me. They looked awesome though.

Then I left TT and headed to Fantasy Faire to see about Princesses via NOS. I waited at least an hour for Jack and Sally, but met some great people in line and then I met them! They were awesome!! Sally was the sweetest and Jack was so dashing. They were kind enough to talk about my drawing and we took some photos (again, I have deleted the photos of them actually signing and I'm really upset about Facebook doing this to me) before I headed out.

Before I made it to FF, I saw Jessie by the Petrified Tree (another set that went missing), and so I joined the small line there. The fog on the water was awesome, and the ducks were completely disinterested in it - they just wanted food thankyouverymuch!

But then I was right by the Mark Twain, and Captain Jack was there! I hopped in line... and missed him! I ended up hanging with Peter, Wendy and Hook! Peter is a scamp!

On the way out of FrontierLand, there was a photographer by the Halloween Tree so I had to stop for that!

I had to take photos of the beautiful Zocalo stained glass over the door.

THEN I headed over to the Princesses.... continued in the next post...

So princesses.... there were two sets of two who rotated out with two other sets of two. I arrived JUST at the end of the first round, so was near the front for the start after the Fireworks. It was a great place to see them because there was the castle and the trees didn't hamper any view of Jack or the fireworks themselves. And I wasn't crushed in with tons of other people. I ran into Vala here and we chatted a bit. She was lucky enough to get a ticket to this party and it was really neat to meet someone off the DisBoard.

My first princesses were Belle and Rapunzel. I went outside and rejoined the line.

Then Mulan and Ariel. "You need this photo for your great hall," said Mulan.

Then I waited until the next group arrived. First up...

Squeeeee!!

Then Tiana and Cinderella!!

They were all awesome - all liked their pages with their drawings, and I talked about bow & arrows with Mulan, the trials of red hair with Ariel, being a warrior with Pocahontas (who complimented me on the tiara I was wearing), and baked goods with Tiana. Amazing interactions!

Next was Critter Country. I was hoping for the penguins and the bears, but I'd take who I could get. I began my treat trails around this time, taking the waterfront line on the way through to CC. HM line up was ridiculous, and I decided to not to any rides til the next day. The Cadaver Dans were out for another set as I walked by. So good.

In CC, I especially wanted Rabbit, but got in some Eeyore and Pooh, action first, then Rabbit and Tigger & Pooh together.

On the way out, I wandered through Adventureland and got some poorly lit photos of the green elephant (that suffered the fate of deletion it seems), and got to hang with Al.

I saw the parade a bit. The photos are blurry and no good, but I made a note to see it better on Friday.

I headed into TomorrowLand and hit the Launch Bay - another ToTTrail. I was geeking RIGHT out the whole way there. Chewie's line was a little long, so I hit Kylo Ren's first.

By the time I went to see Chewbacca, the line was closed. I would see him Friday.

It was late - 11pm and I had been up since 3am, so I decided to leave (especially since the party was over!) and start up tomorrow. My daughters will be happy with the haul though (what I leave them after I eat my treats).

Next post... Happy Birthday to MEEEEEEE!!!

My birthday was also Magic Morning!! I had planned on hitting park right at 7am and heading for Peter Pan! Seems that 200 others planned the same thing! I was in the line up at 6:45 and waited halfway across the promenade. My friend was making her way up from San Diego and would be at the park by 8am as she needed to activate her SoCal pass.

Once in the park I did make my way over to Peter, and of course, it was a 40 minute wait IMMEDIATELY. That was okay with me though as this meant I could get it done and I had 5 more days for other rides. What a great ride it was too! So much fun!

By the time the ride was done, my friend T had arrived and I met her at City Hall for our buttons. Then we had photos taken at the pumpkin (winking side) before heading up to Jolly Holiday for a bite. I am a horse person, so I love all the horses in DLR.

Then I had the best hot chocolate in the world - Abuelita. It's like angels dancing on your tongue, seriously. And a lovely breakfast croissant with fruit - all for under $10. Pretty affordable for DLR!

Our first ride was Star Tours. I was pretty excited!

We ended up with Finn and on Coruscant I think. Lots of fun and great theming!

We headed over to FL and after a funny photobomb by T, I got my photo in front of the castle.

We did the walk-through as I hadn't done that before and Sleeping Beauty was my favourite story as a young girl.

I just love all the little details the park puts into each and every space.

Then onto another new ride for me - Mr Toad's Wild Ride! Very interesting.

Off we went to Alice (all these rides were pretty quick lines which was nice). Another ride I didn't do last year and T likes all these rides, so that's helpful.

Then we saw Bert & Mary!! The line wasn't long at all, and soon I was chatting with the beautiful people.

T never passes a bathroom, so we popped into the Wonderland bathroom and I was blown away by the theming! Definitely top notch.

Off to wait in line to meet Tinkerbell.

Turns out, we waited a bit longer because she needed her muffin break. Anyway, the Fairy Friends are no longer in the park as of the 2nd of October. I was a sad panda. But Tink was awesome and we had a great meeting.

We headed over to Adventureland and I had a skewer then went up the Tarzan Treehouse while T grabbed herself a bite to eat in NOS. I loved it!

This was the standard lineup for Pirates (on the side of the bridge).

continued next post...

Caught the end of the set and then sat at French Market while T had her beef dip (I ate her Cajun chips... yummmm!)

We hit Marie Antoinette's on our way through NOS.

Then we took a Jungle Cruise!! Short lineup was a bonus. T feels too claustrophobic in Indy, so waited on that til the next day.

The dreaded Mother In Law!

And long-necked cheetahs (very rare)

We grabbed a FP for BTMRR, had a Dole Whip, and hit the Mark Twain for a rest. Got to see the Doctor....Smooth as silk he is...

And saw a cool Dixieland Quintet for their set.

We had our ride (LOVE this ride), and then went to see a real steam engine and chat up the engineers.

Grabbed a FP for HM for later

Cut through the hub on the way to Snow White's ride.

Had a bit of a wait for Casey, but it was a nice ride nonetheless.

Then wandering through FF, turns out there was a line up... for MERIDA!! Naturally it had closed, but the CM took pity on my and my button and said, "Wait over there til her set is over and you can chat with her." ZOMG!

After about 20 minutes, she came over and saw her page, we chatted and she signed and we hugged and it was magical *sigh*

We decided to do some window shopping as T was looking for stuff for their Disney Cruise. Naturally, I had to get this photo. I posted it on Facebook that I got a call-back (I'm an actress) and half my friends believed me! Silly friends....

We headed out for dinner. I used my Catal coupon for Uva and had the best burger I'd had in ages and a small Caesar salad, and T bought me a drink. I really enjoyed the meal and it took only 10 minutes to be seated.

Upon our return, we caught the tail end of Tangled. Turns out Flynn and Rapunzel, Jones and Smythe usually come out after the FIRST two shows, not the third. PLUS, you had to be inside during the show in order to stay after to meet them. I missed it every time. This is on my MUST do for next year. Very funny and theatrical show.

Our FPs were ready for HM. T hadn't seen the over lay yet, so she was pleasantly surprised. I was excited to see it again.

The gingerbread house was pretty cool. My photo didn't turn out so well though.

Hatbox ghost is still there though!!

continued next post....

Last edited:

And then we pulled FPs for nighttime BTMRR!

And then we decided to leave because we were SUPER tired!!

Next post... Friday the 14th (hee hee hee).

Friday dawned overcast but warm. Soon the clouds would burn off and the SoCal sun would come back.

We received news on Thursday that T would have to leave no later than 11 on Friday morning instead of the 6pm she had been aiming for as her green card appointment had been moved up by two weeks!! That meant we had a maximum of 3 hours in the park, but her mind was totally on other stuff.

We started with our abuelita and croissant for breakfast, then headed down Main Street as she was looking for something cute for her daughter, as well as candy for the Girl Scout troupe they are active in.

I got a chuckle out of the candy bar wrappers.

Had to get my fortune told by Esmeralda!

Then we headed into DCA. There was a line up all along the street to the left of the hub... T said she was going to head into Downtown Disney to get the last thing she wanted and so we hugged and parted ways. I joined the line... it was for Frozen FP!

I got a seat in the Orchestra for the 1:35 show. Then I saw the Doctor Strange preview sign and hopped on in!

WOW! It was amazing and I'd love to see it in 3D when it comes out. Just amazing effects and the acting was top notch too of course.

Then who showed up? Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps!

This was when I asked her if she'd like me to give her "Bunny Ears" for the photo.

I decided to learn to draw at the Academy. It was Eeyore!

I think I did okay.

Then downstairs as we hadn't been there last year.

Cool stuff to investigate before the library.

Turns out I'm like Belle!

Then I got to meet Olaf!

And took a ride with the Monsters

Into a Bug's Land to get to see the Moana preview.

REALLY good! I think I'm going to like going to this movie with the kids.

By this time, it was time for me to line up for Frozen.

continued in the next post.

Last edited:
I didn't want to take a bunch of photos throughout the whole thing, but I did catch a few. I liked how it got really cold in the theatre for the ice castle scenes. The staging was great, costumes, set design... the use of the stage was all awesome. The acting and singing and dancing was outstanding! It's not Aladdin, but I know the kids will enjoy it and it's not horrible for adults. It was an HOUR though!!

Then I got in the line to meet Captain America and Spiderman. I don't think I left HollywoodLand (except for the Moana preview!) the whole morning!

By this time it was going on 3. I headed back to the hotel and just put the tiara on and grabbed my MHP ticket. Once in the park I headed to the Launch Bay immediately and got my Geek on.

As I was going through the cantina and PP+ photographer took my photo at the bar (SO COOL!) and then I found out Darth Vader was in da house!! So I went there IMMEDIATELY!

He wanted me to join the dark side. "Are there cookies?" Dead silence. "Cuz if there isn't cookies, I don't think I can join. I really can't join any organization that doesn't have cookies."

The launch bay was closing for the party, so I would have to return for Chewbacca.

I wandered over to FrontierLand to see what was shakin'. The guys were bringing out the props for later.

I had a FP for BTMRR and while waiting, was a little hungry so I grabbed a chili lime corn cob (all the enchiladas were sold out by this time). OMG! SOOOOOO GOOOOODDDD!!

I wandered through the Dia de la Muertos area. Just beautiful.

And then it was time for my FP!! YAY! I love this ride (I guess so - I rode it like a bagillion times!)

BTMRR at night is outrageous. I know in my head we're doing the same speed as daytime, but it seems faster at night.

I wandered over to Adventure Land and got my fortune told by the lamp (so funny).

And I had to have my diagnosis given by the doctor!

I remembered there was some Wookie nookie at the launch bay, so I headed over that way before meeting Jasmine and the Genie.

I told him how old I was (it was on my button I was still wearing) and he essentially told me I was a youngster as he is 290 years old. That made me feel better. He gives amazing hugs!!

I went through the hub and photo'd the pumpkins all lit up. So pretty.

Then I met Jasmine. She told me Aladdin loves maple syrup and often has it shipped to Agrabah. I told her to get some snow sent in, heat up the syrup a little and pour it into the snow to make candy. She said she'd think about it. And then said, "If you see any of my friends in Fantasy Faire, please tell them I said hello!" So lovely.

Indy was a walk-on so I did just that while waiting for the genie to come out for a visit.

The big guy was awesome, as usual.

continued in the next post.

I noticed that Pirates was 10 minutes. Wanna know what the front seat looks like when you're riding alone? It's like this:

So fun!!

On my way from Pirates to catch Woody, I must have dropped my phone, as I had it when I left Pirates. I was FREAKING OUT!! I had my photo taken with my other camera with Woody and then searched all around the Petrified Tree and the street back and forth... no phone. I was going nuts. The CM at the hub said to try City Hall, but I didn't think it'd be there 15 minutes after I lost it...

So I went to City Hall nearly in tears asking if my phone had somehow appeared. They asked me to describe it, and I did - I have an Apple Sticker on the back cover and an Air Canada sticker over that, so it's pretty distinctive.

AND IT WAS THERE!! ZOMG! I nearly burst into tears I was so relieved! They wanted photo ID. I said, my photo was on the phone's wall paper... and it is. So they knew it was me. Whoever handed my phone in should get a HUGE dose of good karma their way because it was the scariest 15-20 minutes (not involving my kids getting into something), and they handed it in and it was found and... oh I was so relieved and happy.

While I was down that area, I realized I might be able to catch a villain or two... and there was Maleficent!! I waited about 10 minutes in line and then saw her. So awesome.

I asked if she wanted to be the only one in horns. She said it was up to me. Oh yea... horns on!

There was room on a bench across the way, so I sat down and next thing I knew... the parade was starting!

Many of my photos were blurry because they're from my phone, but I loved the parade! It wasn't too long and there was lots to see. On the last float alone were Cinderella's stepmother and stepsisters, Hades, Frolo, Jafar, the Evil Queen, Mal's dragon, and Cruella. It was so good - the gravediggers were amazing.

continued next post.

Last edited:
One more ride on BTMRR and then some of the fireworks and projections on the castle.

Then Star Tours again (walk on!).

Astro Blasters walk on (where I still have not improved my shooting skillz). My blaster gave out half way through so I got a really lousy score.

Then, just before midnight, I saw Mickey and Minnie in their outfits by the pumpkin! I decided to wait in line. I missed CdV for this, but it was worth the hour I waited. And the people I was talking to in line were awesome, and from Seattle, so we had lots to chat about.

The girl before us had the EXACT same outfit as Minnie "That awkward moment at the party when you realize you're wearing the same dress as the hostess...." Hahaha

Next post - Saturday!!

So by Saturday morning I was feeling much better about being by myself. At first, especially on Wednesday, I was a little lonely and hadn't quite gotten the 'how to talk to people in line' thing down yet.

By the time T left on Friday, I was feeling much more comfortable with talking to people if I wanted and checking Facebook if I didn't. I started to appreciate doing things on my schedule: seeing characters, riding rides, grabbing a bite... all to my whims. I hadn't had that kind of freedom for 14 years. It was relaxing and gave me time for introspection. I really began to enjoy my own company again. I have a great sense of humour and tell great jokes :laughing:

Saturday I decided to hang at DCA for the day and finish the park off.

Oswald was coming out so I hung out to get him. Side note here... the DisneyApp was a real handy thing to have. It told me when the characters where coming, where and who. Told me what rides had what wait times or were down. Told me where the nearest bathroom was, what food I could afford, where the beer truck was, made for a handier map than the paper one, had everything at my fingertips. I really liked it and you can tell park-goers helped design it.

Ok, so I had Oswald sign my book. He was wonderful.

I wandered up BVS and there was Mickey!

And sure enough, Donald arrived soon thereafter!

Another thing I appreciated about being by myself, it gave me time to appreciate the lovely architecture and details throughout the park.

I wanted to head over to get a RSR FP, so headed through Grizzly Peak.

I love puns and play on words.

I haven't been on Soarin' so I checked out the line... waaaay too long. I pulled a FP.

I wandered over towards PP to grab that RSR FP, but who did I see? The two pranksters, Chip & Dale! I hopped into line and had probably the best interaction of the whole time (each interaction was special in its own way, no question. But these two are hysterical!).

I gave one of them my book with a hug. Dale, I think.

Chip then grabbed it from him.

Then back and forth.

Dale was sad, so I told him we'd get cuddles first.

Then it was his turn to sign and I got Chip cuddles. When Dale was done, he tucked my book into my hood with my pen while Chip tried to distract me.

They were so funny and their handler was kind enough to get my book and pen out of my hood for me.

Over to Cars Land and I realized I couldn't pull the RSR FP til after my Soarin' was due, so I decided to see what I could before hand.

First I met Mater!

Then Lightnin'! Last year's photo didn't appear on my PP+, and it was the ONLY one I didn't get on my phone, so this was very special to me.

Well.... wouldja look at that... the Single Rider Line for RSR was just THERE... and so was I.... so...

Wheeee! I got the paint job and our car won!

By this time I was a little peckish, so I stopped at the Cozy Cone for a drink and a twist.

This gave me time to wander over for my FP and get a photo while I was at it.

Got my RSR FP! A night ride!! YAY!

Soarin' was great! I really liked it and will definitely suggest it to DH and the kids next year. Fast Pass is a must for it though because the line was always 40 minutes minimum.

Next up, back to Cars Land to ride Mater and Luigi! But first... a visit with Daisy!

The theming all through Cars Land is just so awesome.

I'm not a spinny ride person, but this was so fun! My sister would love this ride!

continued next post!

And then the new ride. It was like a car ballet! With jokes.

Nice rims!

I finally found the 'back route' behind Flo's toward Pacific Pier. I took the photos of the signs and the area.

I needed another ride on RSR. The single rider line is a great option! It was always at least 1/4 of the length of the standby line and I was usually on within 10 minutes or less.

After another winning ride (with new tires this time), I headed over to the Midway. First though, a quick bite to eat at Cochina and then I stood in the longest ride line - Midway Mania. It moved but it was slow and it snaked around... the couple in front of me were nice and chatty so that helped pass the time. I loved the posters they have in the line up and so within 40 minutes or so, I was finally on the ride for my first time ever!

continued in the next post...

Last edited:

I got a pretty good score for my first go!

The room at the end of the ride was a lovely surprise!

I wandered down the boardwalk towards the Fun Wheel (of Doom) and loved the posters. I have a friend who is a magician so I knew he'd get a kick out of this one.

Yes, I'm a chicken.

Awesome view!

The WOC stuff looked like pennies in a fountain.

More laughs down the boardwalk.

I decided to take a trip under the sea!

The ride got stuck. This was my view for 10 minutes.

I caught a bit of the Green Men show. Very funny.

Then I was hot. What to do, what to do...

continued next post...

I came off absolutely DRENCHED!!

I squelched over to the Beer Cart, grabbed an ale, and decided to sit in the sun behind RSR and dry out. That took a LONG time and I wasn't completely successful at doing this. I did have a bit of fun with photos though.

And the tail end of the dance party came through!

I love the soundtrack for this Land. I wish it was on a CD so I could just have it. It has a great mix of pop and country, stuff from the 50's and original stuff... I just love it. I sat there for at least two hours trying to dry out. Now I was hungry, so I got the yummy chicken dinner at Flo's and then headed out to the hotel for a quick change into something dry before coming back for my night ride.

I remember sitting in diners when I was a kid that had booths with this type of jukebox in them. I loved them and would always beg my parents for change for the songs.

Back with dry pants and no backpack, I was a little sad to have missed the light-up but a dry girl is a warm and happy girl, so it'll just be something we catch next year with the kids.

Photo op with Red? Don't mind if I do!

The ride is so gorgeous at night!

Dancing in the Street

Everything was so pretty all lit up. Carthay looked amazing at night.

No! Thank YOU for having me....

Next post.... Sunday Sunday Sunday!

Sunday was my last full day in the park, so I wanted to make it a good one. I had joined a Facebook group of Disney lovers who met on Sundays for lunch and chatting, and would be at the hub to meet up at noon. Until then though....

It was weird - last year we came through the left side 90% of the time, this year I came through the right side and excited the left... just something I observed.

So on the way in, I took photos of the posters on the tunnel wall:

And who should I see first, but Donald in one of his costumes!

BTW, you've probably noticed in 90% of my photos I either put my hands on my hips (to make my upper arm look like an arm, not like a leg), or straight with a 'princess' hand. It's hard for me to decide what to do with it so it doesn't look weird, so those two were what I settled on.

I really wanted a magic shot of the poison apple, so I got in line for the winking side of the pumpkin. While there I took a few photos of my surroundings.

The PP+ photographers were great taking photos with your phone (or camera) as well as with their camera. Very helpful!

I also had my photo taken on the opposite side. That line was longer because people would come out of meeting Skeleton Goofy and get right in line for this side.

I didn't get pictures of the magic windows last year, so I made time to take a few snaps on my way up to Jolly Holiday.

Cinderella

Aladdin

Peter Pan

Frozen

I love JH's theming

And the food (and abuelita!!)

I decided to wander through Adventure Land. I got a FP for Indy and then took a Jungle Cruise.

I forgot to mention, we had a female skipper on Thursday night and when the hippos came out, she fired off the caps. "Wait, that didn't work. I know what will... "HEY!"" she yelled at the hippo, "I love you and want to move in with you!" As the hippo sank she said to us, "See, it works every time!" Soooo funny!

I had time to walk onto Pirates with only a 15 minute wait, so I did! Got the back row of the boat all to myself!

Then it was time to ride Indy again - one of my favourite rides!

I pulled the rope this time. Twice.

Then I wandered along the waterfront and pulled a FP for HM.

I messaged the group and said I would be at the hub as close to noon as I could based on my FP return time. I was assured it wasn't a problem - one person was running late, so we'd move around 12:30.

I headed into CC as it was open for the MAoWtP and finally rode that ride! Short line - 10 minutes give or take.

The CM told me to look up after the Heffalump scene and I'd see the Splash Mountain bears in the ceiling. I did but it was so dark, the photo wouldn't turn out.

It was time for my HM FP, so I returned to Jack.

I took tons of photos of the graveyard and decorations. They'll be great for the scrapbook I'll do about the trip... after I'm done the current one I'm working on (my trip to Australia in August).

next post... a VERY special surprise!

I made it to the partner's hub and took photos of the small brass figures, and then hung out with Dumbo until the person who arranges the meetings arrived.

Upon arrival, I was introduced to another person who was there with her daughter and grandchildren. When the host discovered I was from Canada, he said, "Well, it's just the three of us... why don't we go to the Club and have a drink?"

I started stammering and he said, "Shhhh, just don't tell anyone right away. We don't usually do this," and off we went. He offered FPs to the daughter and grandkids, so they thought about what rides they wanted on the way. Turns out this person works for non-profits and is heavily involved in Disney things. I said, "Thank you so much! This is amazing!" and he was all cool about it. I was trying SOOO hard to be cool on the outside, but on the inside I was all :earseek::dancer::woohoo::thanks::crazy2: :jumping1: :scared1: :tink::worship:o_O :-)

We came up to the door and were buzzed in. He got two Any Ride FPs for the daughter and kids and then we were in! This is me trying to look all cool... and failing miserably.

Then we were in the courtyard. The other lady tidied me up and our host took my photo on the stairs.

"Elevator or stairs?" ELEVATOR!

We get off and who's there?

YES!! Photos all around! We each took photos for the other while our host checked us in (I guess?). He then told Mickey about the house he was drawn in and how he didn't know where Minnie was drawn... so funny and so amazing!

The vulture was there, "Anyone know what time it is?"

Then we went down the 'wine cellar' aisle, with the sweet booths on either side leading to the bar area.

We found a table and were given the menu. Water in crystal glasses (always tastes better that way I think).

The drink menu was hidden within what looked like a hardcover book. There were alcoholic and 'temperance'. I ordered a Mint Julep. Our host ordered an Old Fashioned with the cherries crushed (apparently makes it taste even better) and the other lady ordered a Hurricane. I should have ordered something different, as I heard Tigger in my mind, "Mint Juleps are what Mary's like best!" Take a sip. "Mary's don't like bourbon..." But I drank it and didn't complain and now I know... next time order something sweet like a Belini or Mai Tai or Sling or something...

The waitress had returned with our drinks and said, "Anything from the menu?" The other two said no, and I said, "Well I didn't get a dessert for my birthday the other day... but that's okay, I'll stick with the nuts. Thanks though!" She said, "Oh, well what caught your eye?" I mentioned the apple galette looked yummy, but then, so did everything on the menu!

We chatted about her birthday on New Year's Eve and she disappeared. The three of us chatted about how comfortable the bar area was, and I found out it had been a warehouse only two years ago. Our host mentioned the soundtrack we were listening to was a recording of the original four jazz musicians in NOS and their portrait was over in the corner by the old elevator (now a table for 1). Whenever one of the musicians had a 'solo' he would leave the portrait and play his specific instrument behind the bar. Wha?! Yes, just watch for it. Even the ceiling was gorgeous!

The pictures were cool - very Princess and the Frog themed. We were beside the baby grand played by Robert Sherman, Elton John... and then the waitress appeared, placed a leather place mat in front of me, and the apple galette on it, "Happy birthday!" And a wee Club 33 bag....! :love:

And in the bag... a card and macarons!

Oh look - the ghost is playing his trumpet!

We ended up moving to the sofas behind our table as we were expecting two more to join us. They were a young couple, both involved in Disney (she used to work in the Parks and he is a webs designer), so I just basically sat there and listened to the cool things discussed. I joined in when I thought I could (and where I thought I wouldn't embarrass myself too badly), and tried to be cool.

I took a few photos of the piano because it's the piano

And the view from the windows.

Elegant pumpkins on the bar.

Even the pulls were amazing!

The portrait.

It was time for me to leave - I'd been there for 2 hours already and our host was bringing up some others. I paid my bill, said my effusive thank you', and headed to the bathroom. No photos as we were told, but WOW!! Just amazing!! The details were stunning and so very elegant!

I checked out the gift cabinets and decided on a small Club 33 pin. The CM who was helping me went off to get me one. I fell in love with the chandelier.

I mentioned to the CM that I had dreamed about coming in, but didn't think it would happen, chatted about celebrating my birthday... and then she came back with a pen for me!!

It sounds like I was hinting for stuff, but I honestly wasn't. I was making conversation with no expectations of anything and the Universe or God or whoever/whatever decided to grace me that day I guess. I felt so grateful and lucky (still do!) to have had the opportunity I did have and to meet some amazing people along the way.

I went back downstairs... slowly... and took a few photos of the Court of Angels.

After standing in the entry for a couple minutes, I opened the door and re-entered reality.

What an amazing experience! One I never expected, but one I'll never forget!

Next up... the rest of my day!

Back in the real world... I walked through to BTMRR for a fast pass for later.

Saw the Tree and a band.

Got my FP.

And had time for a Monorail ride. NEVER been on it!!

The line moved pretty quickly and I only waited for one train before I got the nose cone (with another couple).

How awesome!! I loved the whole thing. I think my favourite part was going through the GCH though!

TWICE!

On my way to ride BTMRR, I could pull another FP, so I pulled for Star Tours.

And then I was on the Wildest Ride in the West!!

I took the back way out to Fantasy Land to see if I could get a seat for Tangled.

Nope, too late. BUT Gaston was out, trying to convince Belle to marry him.

She wasn't having any of it and when he got distracted, she ran back to the Meet & Greet line.

He quickly found a replacement.

Hopefully I'll get a REAL photo with him next year. I decided to meet some princesses seeing as how the lineup wasn't long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!