Trader Sams Indoor vs Outdoor

adizzle819

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone, my DH and I are going to Disney World this fall and I want to do a Monorail bar crawl kind of thing. I've drank outside at the Tiki Terrace at the Poly but it's been 5 or 6 years probably. When I was at the Poly earlier this month, there was a line forming outside of Trader Sams at like 1:30pm even though they don't open until 3. Is this normal? Is this only for the inside seating? How in demand is the outside seating now and is that a separate line? I would actually prefer to sit outside and we likely won't be over at the Poly until 3:30 or so and wondered if we would still be able to sit outside and grab a drink. TIA!

There is always a line for indoors and rarely a line for outdoors. I also much prefer the outdoors and the ukulele music to the crowded indoor atmosphere as I find it more relaxing. Music won't be until later in the evening typically. If the weather is not great for outdoors we also really enjoy Tambu lounge on the 2nd floor.

There is always a line for indoors and rarely a line for outdoors. I also much prefer the outdoors and the ukulele music to the crowded indoor atmosphere as I find it more relaxing. Music won't be until later in the evening typically. If the weather is not great for outdoors we also really enjoy Tambu lounge on the 2nd floor.
Thanks, tambu lounge is usually our go to and I love a lapu lapu ❤️🍹 I really enjoyed sitting outside the last time I was there so I was hoping it wasn't as hard to get into as the inside part. That's great news that it's not as crowded, thank you!

Hi Everyone, my DH and I are going to Disney World this fall and I want to do a Monorail bar crawl kind of thing. I've drank outside at the Tiki Terrace at the Poly but it's been 5 or 6 years probably. When I was at the Poly earlier this month, there was a line forming outside of Trader Sams at like 1:30pm even though they don't open until 3. Is this normal? Is this only for the inside seating? How in demand is the outside seating now and is that a separate line? I would actually prefer to sit outside and we likely won't be over at the Poly until 3:30 or so and wondered if we would still be able to sit outside and grab a drink. TIA!

Yes this is normal because indoors is small, HIGHLY THEMED and very popular. We usually put our name in, and go wait at Tambu, getting a Lapu Lapu.

1708625600364.png

Outside is just a normal patio, not themed and I don't think you'll have any trouble getting a spot there.

1708625668920.png

Unless this has changed recently, you can also get some of the themed mugs outside. I've seen people get the one that comes with the Hippopoto Mai Tai outside. You don't get the special effects that come with the drink though - that is exclusive to inside of Trader Sam's.

Unless this has changed recently, you can also get some of the themed mugs outside. I've seen people get the one that comes with the Hippopoto Mai Tai outside. You don't get the special effects that come with the drink though - that is exclusive to inside of Trader Sam's.
ooooh thanks! I love a souvenir mug 😂

I can confirm the mugs are available outside! I went home from my January trip with the Ursula one. Did I need it? Absolutely not. Did I want it when the CM told me it was still available? Very yes - but the drink I had to endure as part of the purchase was really really not good.

We have done both inside and outside many times and yes for inside we got in line at 1:15 pm - they took names at 2:00 pm and we got in right when they opened at 3:00 pm. It's a completely different vibe inside - they have all kinds of fun antics when ppl order certain drinks etc. I really love the outside - so relaxing, and love the ukulele music and chill vibe. It all depends what you are looking for and how much time you have to try to secure that inside ressie.

My husband and I love T.S. however, bamboo is the place to begin after your name is on the list. Or grab a dole whip and sit by the water area while you wait and bask in the beauty of Cinderellas castle

We have done both inside and outside many times and yes for inside we got in line at 1:15 pm - they took names at 2:00 pm and we got in right when they opened at 3:00 pm. It's a completely different vibe inside - they have all kinds of fun antics when ppl order certain drinks etc. I really love the outside - so relaxing, and love the ukulele music and chill vibe. It all depends what you are looking for and how much time you have to try to secure that inside ressie.
Thanks for the info....I think we might wait and see the weather and how much time we have that day to decide

Does the wait accumulate throughout the day or close at some point? Could you potentially put your name on the wait list at 5pm, monorail over to another resort for dinner, then monorail back once your name comes up on the list? I'd imagine the wait would be 2-3 hours or longer if your only getting on the list at 5, do you need to stay at the poly property to remain on the list?

There is always a line for indoors and rarely a line for outdoors. I also much prefer the outdoors and the ukulele music to the crowded indoor atmosphere as I find it more relaxing.
I agree! The outdoor patio has also consistently had better service, in my experience.

Does the wait accumulate throughout the day or close at some point? Could you potentially put your name on the wait list at 5pm, monorail over to another resort for dinner, then monorail back once your name comes up on the list? I'd imagine the wait would be 2-3 hours or longer if your only getting on the list at 5, do you need to stay at the poly property to remain on the list?
We waited only a half hr and checked before aby tex was received. I believe it depends on the size of your party and demand on the day you go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter