Trading pins and lanyards

Ana Klein

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,
About the trading pins set (pins + lanyard)-
I've seen some on E-bay and Amazon, but not as a kit, and I'm not sure if it's real or fake...
Maybe someone can help me with some links to sellers that sells real kits?
Thanks in advance and good day :-)

It is tough...you can get some sets on ebay that are real. I would imagine that if they are in the original packaging, they are most likely real. Obviously you always have to worry about fakes but maybe you can find a seller that offers returns.

Look for ones that are discounted sets on backing cards, they'll often be real. I recently got a nice Coco set for 14$ that way. Beware of any sold as 'grab bag' or random lots, and filter out all search results from China.

There are good sellers on Facebook and other forms of social media that sell random traders at $2-3 each plus shipping...all authentic

If they are lots and each pin is in a little ziplock bag then almost certainly fakes. If still on card backs, more likely to be real.

That said, I didn't know this originally and did buy my kid a random lot on ebay when he first started trading, and no one ever mentioned anything to me when he traded. I know some of the ones he's gotten in trades are fake. He doesn't care though. He's not collecting as an investment or anything. He just wants to put them all on his display board.

Now I am careful not to buy him fakes as I don't want to support that kind of business, and I don't want him adding to the already overwhelming number of fakes that are already at the WDW trading spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter