Trading Spaces

I was just talking about that show the other day with my friend. It's fun to watch because they have some really outrageous designs on that show - nothing anyone would want in real life (things like a wall with fake flowers hot glued all over it - what a nightmare!)

I was just talking about that show the other day with my friend. It's fun to watch because they have some really outrageous designs on that show - nothing anyone would want in real life (things like a wall with fake flowers hot glued all over it - what a nightmare!)

Hahahaha I remember that episode, I would have hurt that lady.......:rotfl2:

The OG of remodeling shows is coming back to TLC in April. Anyone else interested? I'm strangely looking forward to it, especially when I saw Doug was coming back.
I briefly saw a commercial that kind of registered. But Doug is coming back? I’m in!

They did do some outrageous stuff back then but they also had a lot of cost saving ideas too. I used several when we redid our first house. Things like spray painting door hinges, switch plates and light covers vs. replacing them. I had DH make a shelf box to go over the curtain rod in our hall bath. Everyone always wanted to know where to get one.

Can’t find it in my guide. When is it supposed to start?

Edit: Oh Duh, you said April.

Man, I am strangely excited about this too! There were so many crazy designs, one of my favorites I think had sand floors and circus tent like walls!

ETA: wasn't there also a room with straw walls or something similar?

I briefly saw a commercial that kind of registered. But Doug is coming back? I’m in!

They did do some outrageous stuff back then but they also had a lot of cost saving ideas too. I used several when we redid our first house. Things like spray painting door hinges, switch plates and light covers vs. replacing them. I had DH make a shelf box to go over the curtain rod in our hall bath. Everyone always wanted to know where to get one.

Doug. Le sigh. He's like the design world's Anthony Bourdain, who is also #dreamy.

Man, I am strangely excited about this too! There were so many crazy designs, one of my favorites I think had sand floors and circus tent like walls!

ETA: wasn't there also a room with straw walls or something similar?

Was Hildi the one who made all the crazy designs? I always felt bad for whoever got her. I remember she put something crazy on the walls - it may have been straw - lol

Was Hildi the one who made all the crazy designs? I always felt bad for whoever got her. I remember she put something crazy on the walls - it may have been straw - lol

For the most part yes! Those were my favorite episodes, because they were super entertaining, to me, but I felt so bad for those poor homeowners, she just did not care at all about other people's likes/dislikes, if she wanted to do something she just did it.

I loved Hildi's flip ya'll attitude and the nutty stuff she would come up with - it definitely made the show fun to watch. The older guy who always made the spaces fussy made me want to throw up though. Knickknacks make me anxious and his chicken fetish? Nah. I thought the flowers were weird, and kinda awesome. The straw, not so much.

Ugh! Hildi. The one that put sand all over the floor. The one that hot glued flowers on the wall. The one that glued wine labels all over the kitchen of a teetotaler. Fun times.

I loved that wine kitchen personally, but not so much for that couple.

I loved Hildi's flip ya'll attitude and the nutty stuff she would come up with - it definitely made the show fun to watch. The older guy who always made the spaces fussy made me want to throw up though. Knickknacks make me anxious and his chicken fetish? Nah. I thought the flowers were weird, and kinda awesome. The straw, not so much.

That guy was horrible!!!! I am pretty sure I hated all of his rooms, I also hate stuff and knickknacks and his rooms were just busting with that kind of nonsense.

That guy was horrible!!!! I am pretty sure I hated all of his rooms, I also hate stuff and knickknacks and his rooms were just busting with that kind of nonsense.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I have very mild anxiety and it goes to almost nothing in really minimal/purposeful spaces. Living in his rooms would have been awful. Some people (my mom and one of my best friends) love to fill up spaces while I'm considering the "perfect" lamp for a space for 6 months that they'd have a lamp and a zillion little things in that collect dust. Nope, not for me.

Hildi, despite all her garbage, did my very favorite room on that show. She did an aqua colored totally retro kitchen, I just loved it. I believe it was Doug who actually had probably the worse reveal ever, when the woman had to leave to go cry. Dark brown walls, and they re-did the fireplace, that put her over the edge.

Hildi, despite all her garbage, did my very favorite room on that show. She did an aqua colored totally retro kitchen, I just loved it. I believe it was Doug who actually had probably the worse reveal ever, when the woman had to leave to go cry. Dark brown walls, and they re-did the fireplace, that put her over the edge.

It was Doug who had the worst reaction, but the room was truly lovely. That woman had terrible taste.

DW loved the show in it's original form, and I got into watching it with her. Frankly, I thought it got pretty dumb towards the end of its' run, almost like they were running out of ideas, but I'll give it another shot.

That was Frank. I HATED all of his designs. Vern's designs were my favorite, and I always wanted to work with Genevieve.

I can't believe this show is coming back. I was OBSESSED in my teen years. Completely obsessed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter