Traffic from Universal to Anaheim on a Friday?

Sjwillia

Mouseketeer
We will be spending a day at USH on a Friday in August. How late should we plan on leaving USH to avoid the heaviest week-day commute traffic back to Anaheim? We would like to get back in time for a good night's sleep so we can get to Disneyland at rope drop the next morning but would rather hang around longer in City Walk than be stuck in hours of traffic. TIA

I'd wait until at least 7:00, even 8:00. I think if you leave at 7 it might be 9:00 before you arrive, and if you leave at 8:00 it might put it closer to 9:30. Every half hour you leave later probably shortens your drive by 10-15 minutes. So take your good night's sleep time and work backwards from there.

And check your traffic apps to use alternate routes than the "shortest" -- LA is a maze of intersecting freeways.

We get to drive Valencia to Orange County on a weeknight next week so I feel your pain!

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!