Trailer storage between visits

I am also interested in storing. Has anyone found a place yet?? Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

1) Try "TORCHLITE" trailer camp. (http://torchlitervpark.com) *
2) The daily rates are good, as well as their long-term storage.
3) As an nice extra, the long term storage can include electricity to keep your unit from "going stale".
4) If you arrive a day or two early, you can always stay on-the-lake until your Fort campsite is ready.

* NOTE:
This is about 40-minutes from WDW on Highway-27 in Clermont, FL.
It is about 10-minutes North of Lake Louisa State Park (which also has excellent campsites).
Check with bama_ed, who (I believe) has stayed at both of these.

Rusty, I have not stayed at Torchlite. Looks like a nice place but I try to stay in State Parks first (and Lake Louisa is nice one as most Florida parks are).

I think the issue in this thread is, as Disney Wish pointed out in a prior post, that it's not the storage that's the issue but the ability to take the camper to the Fort (and I assume return it to storage if needed).

Lots of places store campers. I used to drive past several on my former daily commute and those trailers looked all sad and lonely - they probably wanted to be on the road or providing shelter for their families. BOOMER1, you are not accepting Private Messages so the OP can't message you regarding who you use to pull your trailer to the Fort and set it up. The storage facility or some other contractor must have the proper authority and insurance to transport trailers that aren't theirs so there is a business angle to this (I might want to do this when I retire).

If anyone knows someone in the local Central Florida area who is qualified to transport trailers, it sounds like several people could use that information (don't wait for me to retire, ya'll, I got at least 10 more years of the corporate grind to try to eek out...).

Bama Ed

If anyone knows someone in the local Central Florida area who is qualified to transport trailers, it sounds like several people could use that information (don't wait for me to retire, ya'll, I got at least 10 more years of the corporate grind to try to eek out...).

It just dawned on me that yes this requires a 2 company solution. One to store the RV, pretty easy to find, and one to transport it, little harder to find, that also sets it up, probably very hard to find.

Issues I see is that this moving company has to be given rights to access your RV at the storage yard and transport it on the road. It also then has to have the rights to get into FW and at least park your RV in a site.

Yes we store our 5th wheel in Clermont and have a gentleman tow it to our site for us. My parents also do the same. Feel free to PM me and I will give you the info.
Happy summer to everyone else. I haven't been on the Disboards much as summer is very busy for us.
What is the name of the facility that does this for you?

I looked into something similar a few months back. I have the name and email of someone in the are who does it. They charge $125/m for open storage and $250 for transport to and from the campground.

Lurking on this thread and will start another about who lives in fla camps and the fort and where do they store their camper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter