Trails End Buffet? Anyone every eat lunch here?

Ned Land

Mouseketeer
How was the food? The price seems to be pretty good? Can we take a boat from the WL?

Yes you can take a boat from WL. The food is very good. We eat there a few times during each stay. We especially enjoy the fried chicken! The prices are pretty good too.

I ate at Trails End recently and really enjoyed it. We had lunch and it was relatively empty. The food was best described as comfort food, just what we were looking for. It was tasty and fresh.
My waiter there was the friendliest waiter I've ever had. He was so proud of the restaurant. I can't express how wonderful that was to see... the food even tastes better when your surrounded by such enthusiasm.

Never did lunch but having an early dinner there is now a MUST for every visit.

Great stick-to-the-ribs home cookin'! NOT for the diet concious;) !

Some variation of: ribs, fried chicken, chili, chicken 'n dumplins, stew, mac/cheese/mashed potatoes, salad, corn bread & biscuits, soup...you get the picture. Not as extensive as other WDW buffets...especially dessert. Only offers (usually) a pudding and a cobbler (we ask server for whipped cream). And of course, no characters. But les $$$ too! I think $16 for adults?

But...unlimited drinks in cute jelly jar mugs, great rustic atmosphere (similar to Hoop-de-doo), and the servers are among the BEST we've had (a few have been right there for YEARS!!) They do take great pride in their eatery.

Check out the petting zoo! Great way to walk off a few calories:cool: !

Enjoy!:D

In the Fort Wilderness Resort area, right next door to Pioneer Hall (which is where the Hoop Dee Doo takes place).

Originally posted by treesinger
Shame on me, but WHERE IS IT? :rolleyes:

It's in Pioneer Hall, at Fort Wilderness (campground), not too far from the boat dock. You can take a boat from the MK to Ft. Wilderness, or you can catch a bus from the TTC, WL resort, MGM, AK, EPCOT or DD. HTH.

sofifi97

Can you or someone else give a better description of the lunch menu? It sounds like they have a salad bar with soups and sandwiches for about $9. What am I missing?

I don't remember all of the selections, but here are the ones that I do:
Pizza, assorted cold sandwiches, salad bar, Sloppy Joe, taco bar, mac & cheese, soup, biscuits, corn bread, fried chicken, apple cobbler, assorted rolls, and ambrosia (not sure on this one).
The apple cobbler was wonderful, and I'm not a huge fan normally.
I would agree with another post that the selection isn't as extensive as some other buffets, but the food is very tasty.
As I recall, it cost about $56 for 4 adults and 1 child, with tax, but not tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!