Trails End

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
What would be the fastest way to go from POFQ to trails end for a 10am breakfast reservation​

Or Minnie Van - can drop you off at/near the Settlement (where Trails End is) whereas taxi/Uber/Lyft can only go as far as the Outpost (entrance to Ft. Wilderness) and you have to take an internal bus from there.

If you want to use free Disney transport, you have a couple options.

1) choose the first park bus you see that you can reasonably board at POFQ (Epcot the preference since its closer to your resort). Once you arrive at that park, transfer to a FW bus. This will take you to FW outpost as other options mentioned do. Then wait at the outpost for an internal bus to take you to the settlement & walk from there.

2) Take the bus to MK. Go thru security like you're headed into park, but stick to the left fence over to the boat dock. Go to the middle smaller dock with signs for boat launch over to FW. When the boat docks at FW, you'll be on the settlement end of the resort & will walk over to TE from there.

Buses to and from Fort Wilderness have mixed reviews on their efficiency. I would take a bus to MK, then take a boat from MK to Fort Wilderness.

Thank you. How long would the drive be approximately

In a car (Minnie Van, taxi, etc.) I’d estimate 15-20 minutes driving time POFQ to Ft. Wilderness. Taking Minnie Van to the Settlement you’ll be a 5 minute walk to Trails End, but taking taxi etc. to the Outpost you need to allow extra time (20 minutes maybe? I must admit I’m not sure) to take the internal bus. I would probably allow 45 minutes from POFQ.

Using free Disney transport as shocker describes above, I’d allow an hour and a half from POFQ to Trails End. It might only take an hour, if you don’t have to wait for the various buses or boats, but I hate to be late!

The good news is that if you arrive early, It’s nice to walk around the Settlement area. So I tend to allow lots of time because I don’t mind getting there early.

Buses to and from Fort Wilderness have mixed reviews on their efficiency. I would take a bus to MK, then take a boat from MK to Fort Wilderness.
And the boats are so much more fun that the buses.

Arriving at a restaurant by boat is something I can't do back home!:)

We took Minnie Van from Pop to TE in Feb. Quick, affordable, and fun!

We have always, prior, taken a bus to MK and a boat to FW, though. It is a nice ride, too!

We took Minnie Van from Pop to TE in Feb. Quick, affordable, and fun!

We have always, prior, taken a bus to MK and a boat to FW, though. It is a nice ride, too!
how affordable was affordable? When I tried looking for a minnie van on my last trip it was 5x the cost of a lyft ($10 for a lyft, over $50 for a minnie van same ride).

how affordable was affordable? When I tried looking for a minnie van on my last trip it was 5x the cost of a lyft ($10 for a lyft, over $50 for a minnie van same ride).

With tip, it was under $20...

ETA - I was wrong, see below :)

Last edited:
With tip, it was under $20...

Not sure how it was that cheap. When Disney rolled out their new pricing structure for Minnie Van service in September '18, they went to a $15 pickup charge, with an additional $2.75-$3 per mile charge. It's several miles from Pop to TE.

Not sure how it was that cheap. When Disney rolled out their new pricing structure for Minnie Van service in September '18, they went to a $15 pickup charge, with an additional $2.75-$3 per mile charge. It's several miles from Pop to TE.

I will check with my husband, he paid for it. I am 99% positive it was under $20...

He confirmed it was under $20...but, I believe there was a coupon of some sorts for first time use, if I recall correctly. Maybe $10 off first ride? I know I would have never used it if it was over $20... I am WAYYYYYYY too cheap for that nonsense.

ETA - Me, again - just looked at credit card statement. With tip, it was 22.89.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!