• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

trails end

SaneB4DVplanning

Earning My Ears
Ok im trying to figure this out for a mid to late october dinner and show.....
Ok if i leave MK i can take a boat to FW and eat at trails end than do the chip and dales sing-a -long and a movie..
Ok my question is what time will i need to leave MK to pull this off i think sing-a-long in oct moves to 7pm so to fit dinner in and get to campground on time, also transportation back to pop after movie any clue how to get back? Sorry for the long confusing question but im sure it makes sense to frequent travelers

to get to pop you will have to probably take the bus to dtd ( from FW) cause i think it would after 9 before the movie and sing a long are over if they start at 7. if not you could go to epcot but it might be close enough to closing to make it a mess and just as quick to go to dtd.

the boat from mk takes about 10-15 mins i would say ( stops at wl first)..it is short 2 min walk form the dock at Fw to trail's end. i would leave about an hr to eat( we usually don't have much of a wait in Dec or Jan, like 5-10 mins tops) and maybe 20 mins to get to the place the singalong is, as you will have to take the internal bus (if you take the main path & continue past Trails end, the path takes you to the bus stop to get the FW internal bus, the singalong is by the meadows trading post, not the settlement trading post so not by trail's end area) just in case there is a wait for the bus( it's out doors though so i don't think it matters if you are a little late) so all in all i would allow 1 3/4- 2 hrs. if you left mk a 5, that would be before park closing so it should give you plenty of time .if you have extra time check out the lawn mower inside the tree( big tree by the path fromthe dock, the petting zoo, the settlement trading house has some different souvies. or just relax and play a game of checkers on the porch of the trading posts, there is also a playground by te and I think there is another by the other trading post

. we did not stay at Fw last trip but my foggy memory seems to think you would have to take the internal bus back to the settlement bus stop to get the bus to dtd
http://www.disneycampers.com/Fort_Wilderness/Images/FW_New_Map.jpg this shows you where stuff is ( from the camping board)http://www.disneycampers.com/Fort_Wilderness/FW MAP.htm both from www.disneycampers.com

the second shows both trading posts and singalong

YOU SOUND JUST AS CRAZY AS I DO!

It will be our first trip in April and I just spent the evening going over my MK map trying to figure out what path to take to which ride so that we can eat at Cosmic Ray's!

I'm sorry that I can't help with your question, but I just wanted you to know that your not the only alone. I have the first timer's obsession bug too!:earseek:

:wave2: :chat: :wave: :crazy: :hyper:

nvrbntowdw: if you take the path to the right of the castle ( facing the castle, second path on the hub's right side ) it will take you right to cosmic rays ( turn right when you get between F.land and T.land) it's across from the speed way

In previous years (so I would expect this year, too) the campfire program starts at 7 p.m. AFTER the time change in late October. You are probably looking at it still being at 8 p.m. in mid October. I'd probably plan on catching the boat from MK about 6:30 or so. Enjoy Trail's End (great food!) and then catch a bus to the Meadow's area. Just ask the driver if he stops at the Campfire. If the MK is open late you could do the same thing in reverse to get back to POP.

I agree with the info posted here. I forgot about the time change so the sing-a-long probably won't start until around 7:30-8:00. Leaving MK by 6:15-6:30 would be fine, I think. Since the sing-a-long and movie are outside, it's okay to be a little late anyway. By the way, I agree that the best way back to Pop is through DTD. The internal bus you need is the Outpost bus, though. The DTD buses are at the Outpost rather than the Settlement.

I have a 5.15pm ps at Whispering Canyon on 30th October (Saturday)- thought it would give us plenty of time to eat and then go over to the campfire (thought it started at 8pm)

Anyone know if the clocks will have changed by then and the start time switched to 7pm? I know you roast the marshmallows first, what time would the film actually start (as we are more interested in this).

The time changes Oct 31st! So your save for 8 it appears. :)

Can i ask what is the movie and sing along? I understand it's at FW but where? I get it's outside but what kind of seating arrangement is this? Also costs involved? We are planning to eat at Trails End too the last night of our stay and this sounds like it could be a nice way to "settle down" for the end of our trip. Can someone offer details on how this program works? Thanks

party of six,
From what i understand its free to all guest of an onsite disney resort its basicaly a disney movie of g or pg rating but im going mainly for a fun night out with my family and hey its free you can see by searching post the sept. movie lineup basically good family movies and fun by a campfire...
Thx for all the posts sounds great think ill leave Mk around six head to trails end ( should i make a PS for trails?) and still get their in time for chip and dale and the show!

The sing a long and movie is at the Meadows Complex in Ft. Wilderness (the Meadows is in the middle of the campground).

During the sing a long, Chip and Dale visit. There is marshmallow and weinie roasting in fire pits during the sing a long before the movie (in true Disney fashion, they have both for sale, including little skewers for the roasting). There are small bleachers and some wooden benches around the fires to sit and watch the movie.

When you leave the Trail's end, turn right and walk to the end of the path. There you can catch a bus that will drop you off at the Meadows. I don't remember which bus will take you there, but it's either an "Orange" or "Yellow" bus. Just ask the driver if they stop at the Meadows complex.

After the show, if MK is still open, you could do it in reverse. If you want to do the DTD route, take a bus from the Meadows to the Outpost (front of the campground where you checkin). Catch the bus to DTD from there. The only thing you have to beware of is if the Hoop De Doo Review has let out recently, everyone who is at the Campground for that and trying to get to their home resort will be doing the same thing (Going to DTD) That's why going back to the MK is a good idea, or there is also a bus that goes to the Ticket and Transportation Center that you catch back at the Bus stop by the Trail's end. From there you could take a bus to DTD or the Monorail to Epcot, then to Pop from there.

Sorry for being long winded, but prior to buying into DVC, we always stayed at the Cabins at FT Wilderness (at least 12 times), which we love.

If it were me, I would plan on taking a cab back to Pop. Maybe not the least expensive means of transportation, but after a long day it will definitely be the quickest and most convenient. ;)

Good idea jcemom. We always take a cab "home" from DTD cause the bus service takes so long.

Originally posted by WDW LOVR
Good idea jcemom. We always take a cab "home" from DTD cause the bus service takes so long.
I've sometimes joked that they're going to kick me off over on the budget board, as I'm not always the most "budget-minded" person, LOL. I try, but almost always end up opting for convenience. :blush:

from the looks of the second map in 2nd post, it looks like you could just walk on a path from the settlement trading post to the meadow post.
has anyone actually done this? it seems like a 1/2 mile or so walk.

i never walked it but FW is a huge place . it took us about 8 mins to walk from one of the preferred site loops to the settlement bus stop so i think you'd be hiking a long time . that "as the crow flies" stuff doesn't account for the twists and turns of the roads

It's a nice sidewalk and the walk would be half to three-quarters of a mile. You'll have to pass the bus area, though, so if there is a bus there I'd take it.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter